Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Scoundrels/Operatives ridculously OP.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Scoundrels/Operatives ridculously OP.

Jest
12.30.2011 , 10:23 AM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Sabbathius View Post
Umm, I'm reasonably sure quite a few do. Sorcerer Whirlwind, for example, or Merc's Concussive Missile. Once you do it, you can't do jack to them for a while. Bar goes from zero to full instantly. They trinket it, and you're SOL. From what I hear, so does Jarring Strike.
All the openers from Stealth I've seen, award a full Resolve bar. However the immunity doesn't kick in until after the CC is over.

zehscion
12.30.2011 , 10:25 AM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Jest View Post
lol well by all means, lets balance the classes based on 1v1 situations from the top 10% of players in only the PvP aspect of the game. Be serious man.

Btw.. Op opens on me, I trinket out and DoT, they do their equivalent of Force Cloak and Vanish, I put up my Bubble, they open again and lose the majority of their burst on my bubble, I now DoT, CC, and kill.

PvP is Chess, not Checkers.
or they wait for your bubble to expire, open and cy@ goober

Sabbathius
12.30.2011 , 10:26 AM | #103
Can anyone actually get it on video? Operative does Hidden Strike, knocking you down. You spam trinket and nothing happens?

Because what I'm concerned about is this - maybe trinket DOES break the knockdown, but the ANIMATION isn't showing it properly.

This actually happens with Operative's knife attacks (Shiv, Backstab, etc.), you hit the button and damage happens and only THEN the animation plays. Long after the damage is done.

Try doing this - duel an Operative, and you be a Sorcerer, for example, with talented Whirlwind (makes it instant cast). Have him knock you down, hit trinket, and hit Whirlwind. See if that works. DO IT ON VIDEO.

It'll settle the whole debate once and for all.

BDutch
12.30.2011 , 10:26 AM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by Mursie View Post
a good stealther does not care about your dots. with resilience.. i just force cloak and pop it.. removes all dots and solidifies my insta stealth. but yea.. keep dotting bad stealthers... this thread however is in no way directed at them.
I was wondering when somebody was going to point this out. Not that a stealther doesn't have a chance of getting an opener off between DoT ticks after a vanish anyway, but whatever

Mazikeen
12.30.2011 , 10:27 AM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Dietyz View Post
trinket the sap and dot him before he vanishes
I do something similar to anyone I see stealthing in warfronts

I have Corrosive Dart on my IA and Explosive Dart on my BH. It's pretty funny watching someone stealth then explode...
"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

Sabbathius
12.30.2011 , 10:27 AM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Jest View Post
All the openers from Stealth I've seen, award a full Resolve bar. However the immunity doesn't kick in until after the CC is over.
Well, d'oy. What would be the point of CC if it filled the resolve bar AND the resolve effect applied immediately?

Frivolous
12.30.2011 , 10:31 AM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by Bandelederen View Post
So me and another level 50 runs op to cap this point in the Alderaan warzone. Out of nowhere this scoundrel opens up and obliterates the other lvl 50 before I can even react. He then vanishes and opens up on me with a stun.

At this point im thinking surely he cannot do the same thing to me, he just did to the other guy 8 seconds ago. Boy was I wrong.

STUN
STUN OVER

At this point I have about 10% of my hp left and the fight is over. He just creamed the both of us in less than 20 seconds and hes still got 90% hp left.

And tbh this is not the only time I've witnessed these scenarios with scoundrels completely destroying people in a single stun. This needs to be addressed immediatly.
champion geared player maybe.... or lucky cause those are crit hit values there.....

acid blase has a 50% armor pen. so we can eat most heavy armor. but sounds like that guy was a beast man! i cant cound how many times i been pulled out of smoke screen.
"Mess with the best, die like the rest..." -Zer0 Kool
Bio Hazard - SWG RiP
Pain - Saber of Exar Kun

Dusksoverture
12.30.2011 , 10:32 AM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by Xzulld View Post
So you were CC'd from stealth and did not pop your break . . .
Quote: Originally Posted by Mobiwang View Post
You cant cc break knockdowns. Is everyone's reading comprehension that bad?
Sleep Dart is a knockdown?

Frivolous
12.30.2011 , 10:36 AM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by Zetara View Post
Maybe you need to PVP more. They are not OP, their damage does not need to be turned down, it needs to be high because they can do nothing else. If you target them while they are uncloaked, you mince them.

They are nowhere NEAR the gods of PVP. Go and actually PVP. Every class has something that seems overpowered. Every. One.
bingo!

after our stun and major burst dmg we got zip... overload shot and dot ticking on you but thats it..... if that burst doesnt kill you or get you close to death its best for us to smoke screen out ***** out and try again....
"Mess with the best, die like the rest..." -Zer0 Kool
Bio Hazard - SWG RiP
Pain - Saber of Exar Kun

Carebear
12.30.2011 , 10:38 AM | #110
Trinket the knockdown and kill them easily. If you don't have a trinket up then yea, they're pretty good. But then it comes down to he was more prepared than you were. ^_^