Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Scoundrels/Operatives ridculously OP.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Scoundrels/Operatives ridculously OP.

Zarthorn
01.16.2012 , 04:47 PM | #1021
Quote: Originally Posted by AndiusTheGreat View Post
No. Lets just all play min-maxed DPSers with insane damage output and no health. Nobody can roll PVP tanks which this game has actually made a viable role, capable of pulling 55% of the damage off our vital squishes with a single no cost toggle ability. Then we can all ignore the fact that the operatives that everyone are so upset about are twinked to the max and give up all survivability for that kind of damage.

So we have no health and heavy damage output, they have no health and heavy damage output. We are sustained DPS, they are burst DPS, and we have no tanks... and barely any healers...

We ignore them and then... I wonder why we keep dying?

Simple solution. Maybe going for top DPS on the charts is less important than creating viable PVP characters with some survivability? Maybe we can focus fire the glass cannons?
Or how about this...tanks okay actually using taunt and guard!

Better idea....how about Guardians/Juggers doing the above AND guardian leaping!

Oh my classes using there kit to counter other classes who would have thought?

LupinTheGreat
01.16.2012 , 08:45 PM | #1022
Tank vanguard 52% + 2%(set bonus) and expertice about 100 (1-2%) damage reduction , 23k health buffed, shield chance near 40% and absorbs near 30%
Operative comes and do his opener.
I am on half of my health (11-10k health) i got other 2 other guys dpsing operative he got no one assist him and i got 25% damage reduction up after opener and used -4% dmg and 20% hit chanse reduction + 30 damg reduction before dying for 2 other players.
After fight was over me and 2 other dps where down and operativ was under 50% of health and he didnt vanish.

how is that not over powered. im not pvp pro but not complite idiot and even in wow tanks stats meants something even in pvp ?
''When shadows comes, to claim our souls, some must rise, the light of old.''

Blazer - Tales of Past 3

Kitsummerisle
01.16.2012 , 08:47 PM | #1023
Quote: Originally Posted by LupinTheGreat View Post
Tank vanguard 52% + 2%(set bonus) and expertice about 100 (1-2%) damage reduction , 23k health buffed, shield chance near 40% and absorbs near 30%
Operative comes and do his opener.
I am on half of my health (11-10k health) i got other 2 other guys dpsing operative he got no one assist him and i got 25% damage reduction up after opener and used -4% dmg and 20% hit chanse reduction + 30 damg reduction before dying for 2 other players.
After fight was over me and 2 other dps where down and operativ was under 50% of health and he didnt vanish.

how is that not over powered. im not pvp pro but not complite idiote and even in wow tanks stats meants something even in pvp ?
This is my entire point about the OP/Scoun class, it's burst is extremely to high with that kinda of survivial, one or the other needs a tweak to even out.

Blaaine
01.16.2012 , 08:48 PM | #1024
They are so OP'ed.. I see entire Republic Teams nothing but Scoundrels/Ops......

Wait... thats Sages and SI's..... my bad.

ITs the Biochem... stacking of buffs...

RoadtoArkham
01.16.2012 , 08:50 PM | #1025
Quote: Originally Posted by MarkoJinn View Post
I also encountered a 2 vs 1 situation where 2 of us went against a single imperial operative who was guarding a cannon turrent in alderaan pvp zone. He killed us both in less than 6 seconds with stuns / cloaks / massive damage hits.

Now I'm not a pvp god nor do I care so much if I win or lose but if this is not disbalance then I don't know what is... This should not happen even if one of my hands is tied behind my back...
So, you knew he was there...therefore not in stealth, presumably. So he dropped 2 50's in 6 seconds, without stealth?
Hail to the King, baby.

LupinTheGreat
01.16.2012 , 08:52 PM | #1026
Quote: Originally Posted by Blaaine View Post
They are so OP'ed.. I see entire Republic Teams nothing but Scoundrels/Ops......

He might have buffs but still 3 guy and one as tank with so much debuffs/dots ?
Soon you need full grp to kill one guy with cordination is that right ?
''When shadows comes, to claim our souls, some must rise, the light of old.''

Blazer - Tales of Past 3

Kitsummerisle
01.16.2012 , 08:56 PM | #1027
Biochem is just a mask, it will be fixed tomorrow and I'll be OP/Scoun will play exactly the same...

The only people that can be defending this class is the people that are playing them and don't want to be on equal fighting terms.

JMack
01.16.2012 , 08:58 PM | #1028
Quote: Originally Posted by Blaaine View Post

What is the hard counter for Sages and SIs? I wonder if all the nerf Ops/Scoun posts have anything to do with half the pop being those two classes? Hmm...

IA and Smug are already extremely underrepresented and the QQing will not stop until these two classes, which ARE the counter for SIs and Sages, are completely gutted.

Trivialed
01.16.2012 , 08:59 PM | #1029
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitsummerisle View Post
Biochem is just a mask, it will be fixed tomorrow and I'll be OP/Scoun will play exactly the same...

The only people that can be defending this class is the people that are playing them and don't want to be on equal fighting terms.
Of course, that is the only reason. I think it is more making fun of your intelligence. Especially since no matter how much you whine or create these threads Bioware has stated that they do not care about nerf threads. They will do their analysis off compiled statistics and data from the 50 only bracket. Then they will consider what classes need balancing. It is going to be hilarious when operative/scoundrel isn't on that list and your class is.

Aidank
01.16.2012 , 09:03 PM | #1030
Quote: Originally Posted by JMack View Post
What is the hard counter for Sages and SIs? I wonder if all the nerf Ops/Scoun posts have anything to do with half the pop being those two classes? Hmm...

IA and Smug are already extremely underrepresented and the QQing will not stop until these two classes, which ARE the counter for SIs and Sages, are completely gutted.
Except they counter everyone else too.

You'd be surprised at how many classes are countered by 9k crits.
Quote: Originally Posted by HileyQuiggley View Post
Nerf Grav Round are you serious? What else could we possibly do after that?