Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Scoundrels/Operatives ridculously OP.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Scoundrels/Operatives ridculously OP.

Chaos_Distortion
01.16.2012 , 08:39 AM | #1011
Quote: Originally Posted by Humankeg View Post
Ops/scounds eat pt's and sorcs.
Rofl, this is a blatant lie. Those are the classes I had the most problems killing when I was a dps specced scoundrel. Sorcs/Sages eat my lunch and Powertechs/Vanguards are nearly impossible for me to kill if they are any good. Only way I could kill Powertechs/Vanguards (When I was still dps specced at 50.) was if I strafed them and they happened to be a terrible player that doesn't know how to move and probably keyboard turns. If I ran across a good Powertech/Vanguard, I usually couldn't bring them below half health, so I just stealthed and ran away. I also had problems with good Jedi Guardians and even Sentinels.
Empathetic (Chaos Legacy): 50 Scoundrel (Sawbones) Healer, Empathetic: 50 Sage (Seer) Healer on Helm of Graush and various other Alts.
Been playing pvp Support/Healing in nearly every MMO since 1997 UO.

maximusedward
01.16.2012 , 10:33 AM | #1012
102 pages of this, let the nerf bat roll.

Xinika
01.16.2012 , 10:35 AM | #1013
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaos_Distortion View Post
Rofl, this is a blatant lie. Those are the classes I had the most problems killing when I was a dps specced scoundrel. Sorcs/Sages eat my lunch and Powertechs/Vanguards are nearly impossible for me to kill if they are any good. Only way I could kill Powertechs/Vanguards (When I was still dps specced at 50.) was if I strafed them and they happened to be a terrible player that doesn't know how to move and probably keyboard turns. If I ran across a good Powertech/Vanguard, I usually couldn't bring them below half health, so I just stealthed and ran away. I also had problems with good Jedi Guardians and even Sentinels.
Problem is you, if you can't steamroll with a blatantly overpowered class.

Wingfoot
01.16.2012 , 11:02 AM | #1014
There are a lot of people calling people bad and saying they don't know how to play their class, blah blah blah. I guess my only response to that would be, how is someone bad when they have no control of their character and are stunned for 6-8 seconds without being able to do anything? That is not being bad, that is a result of a game mechanic that is bad not the people playing it. Yes, I know your reply will be to break the stun, but the only counter to gaining control of your character and not dying while being on a 2 minute cooldown is not what this game should be about.

Trivialed
01.16.2012 , 11:04 AM | #1015
Quote: Originally Posted by Wingfoot View Post
There are a lot of people calling people bad and saying they don't know how to play their class, blah blah blah. I guess my only response to that would be, how is someone bad when they have no control of their character and are stunned for 6-8 seconds without being able to do anything? That is not being bad, that is a result of a game mechanic that is bad not the people playing it. Yes, I know your reply will be to break the stun, but the only counter to gaining control of your character and not dying while being on a 2 minute cooldown is not what this game should be about.
The stun is only 3 seconds...... I cant believe you guys are still going on about this. Check the game update 1.1. Nothing about any nerfs for scoundrels/operatives are going to take place. Just give it up already, wait for 50 brackets and give bioware some time to compile data. Only then will they decide what class needs nerfs and buffs. Until then, this is nothing more than useless ranting.

VSutra
01.16.2012 , 12:33 PM | #1016
Quote: Originally Posted by antiviolence View Post
Well you yourself said that you wanted everything to be fair, that 2 different classes were to have the same abilities, doing the same amount of damage and the same cc breaker.
So that scenario that you're aiming for, everyone to be the same and nothing unique but now it's ridiculous?

Contradict much?
I see, so your definition of fair, means identical? Look up a dictionary, it may help.
Try not! Do or do not, there is no try.
Master Jedi Yoda

AndiusTheGreat
01.16.2012 , 03:02 PM | #1017
My question is this... If this class is so OP how come I don't see more of them?

I really don't see that many DPS scoundrels out there, and I rarely ever get steamrolled by an operative. I frequently get taken out by sorcerers and mercenaries. I have been attacked by a few operatives died a few times, and lived a few times. Usually I kick them in the balls, get some distance and heal myself back up while my team-mates come to my support. (This is if I'm playing a healer of course.)

Really I have made a far larger impacts on the warzones I have been in as a healing scoundrel then I ever do when I play around with DPS. I can say with relative confidence I have decided the outcome of a decent number of warzones as a healer. I've gotten a fair number of cool kills as a DPSer. I didn't change battle outcomes.

Maybe I play on the wrong server but I really think that if this class was as OP as people claim it is, that half the people in warzones would play it.

The reason people don't is because if you don't line up the magical stream of crits on someone who has no idea how to play... it actually takes a lot of skill to play one.
Andius Meuridiar - Jedi Sage - Light Side
Kaemik Meuridiar - Jedi Gaurdian - Light Side
Tharak Meuridiar - Level 50 Sawbones - Light Side
Ajunta Pall - RP-PVP

Paltheor
01.16.2012 , 03:11 PM | #1018
Quote: Originally Posted by AndiusTheGreat View Post
My question is this... If this class is so OP how come I don't see more of them?

I really don't see that many DPS scoundrels out there, and I rarely ever get steamrolled by an operative. I frequently get taken out by sorcerers and mercenaries. I have been attacked by a few operatives died a few times, and lived a few times. Usually I kick them in the balls, get some distance and heal myself back up while my team-mates come to my support. (This is if I'm playing a healer of course.)

Really I have made a far larger impacts on the warzones I have been in as a healing scoundrel then I ever do when I play around with DPS. I can say with relative confidence I have decided the outcome of a decent number of warzones as a healer. I've gotten a fair number of cool kills as a DPSer. I didn't change battle outcomes.

Maybe I play on the wrong server but I really think that if this class was as OP as people claim it is, that half the people in warzones would play it.

The reason people don't is because if you don't line up the magical stream of crits on someone who has no idea how to play... it actually takes a lot of skill to play one.
The bottom line about operatives is that they kill people in 1 stun. Most people in this thread are in agreement that this should be trinketed to avoid the unmitigated burst damage that would later ensue. Being forced to rely on a 2 minute CD to avoid being blown up is a broken game mechanic.

TL;DR, Op/scoundrel burst damage needs to be turned down.

Zarthorn
01.16.2012 , 03:18 PM | #1019
Quote: Originally Posted by Bandelederen View Post
You dont catch a scoundrel not stealthed if they dont want you too. And if you do, they vanish and open on you, and as we all know, then you die.
If you catch one, DoT them...soon as they vanish they will be dragged straight back out of stealth...or if you are a BH, use your death from above in the general area you saw them last, due to the radius of Death from above being significantly larger than the target area marked, you'll pull them out of stealth.

The reason Scoundrels/Ops "seem" OP is because nobody ever focuses them first, heck on my lowbie (now 23) Scoundrel I can litterally run around in a group of enemies picking them off one by one because nobody bothers to attack me despite the fact im pumping out 2k+ crits consistently....

They are more interested in trying to kill that guy with the glow stick that does 500-1000 damage on a white damage hit with a huge health bar, not the person that pops up behind there teammate, quickly kills them and starts rampaging through the rest of there team.

As soon as I see an Operative, I will beeline them, regardless of if I'm fighting someone already, I know the damage they can do if they are left alone and I know how quickly they die under attack.

Priority target classes, learn them.

AndiusTheGreat
01.16.2012 , 04:01 PM | #1020
Quote: Originally Posted by Zarthorn View Post
Priority target classes, learn them.
No. Lets just all play min-maxed DPSers with insane damage output and no health. Nobody can roll PVP tanks which this game has actually made a viable role, capable of pulling 55% of the damage off our vital squishes with a single no cost toggle ability. Then we can all ignore the fact that the operatives that everyone are so upset about are twinked to the max and give up all survivability for that kind of damage.

So we have no health and heavy damage output, they have no health and heavy damage output. We are sustained DPS, they are burst DPS, and we have no tanks... and barely any healers...

We ignore them and then... I wonder why we keep dying?

Simple solution. Maybe going for top DPS on the charts is less important than creating viable PVP characters with some survivability? Maybe we can focus fire the glass cannons?
Andius Meuridiar - Jedi Sage - Light Side
Kaemik Meuridiar - Jedi Gaurdian - Light Side
Tharak Meuridiar - Level 50 Sawbones - Light Side
Ajunta Pall - RP-PVP