Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Scoundrels/Operatives ridculously OP.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Scoundrels/Operatives ridculously OP.

Wynn
01.16.2012 , 02:51 AM | #1001
I pray Bioware does what they did in closed beta a few time and just tells us what the metrics are showing them.
Crazy old dyslexic Healer that loves cakecheese
Operative: Wynn, Mercenary: Fenrich, Sorcerer: Nall
Also old Droid Engineer from Starsider

Lykurgus
01.16.2012 , 03:14 AM | #1002
Quote: Originally Posted by arknath View Post
Operatives and scoundrels are faaaar from OP. I am yet to die to a solo operative even if it is popping adrenals/expertise bonuses etc. purge the initial stun, pop your defensive relics and they take you down to max 50% hp with the burst. From there you can just laugh at them because outside the burst their damage is pathetic. Stop crying about a class that is 100% ok just because you don't have geared up or play poorly. Sure, they can be dangerous to an undefended healer, but then that is the teams fault not the class balance.
You Sir win the internet.

The main issue being that all these people who donít understand the weakness of OP/Scound come on here and QQ. If Bioware listen and nerf them then if will just become a sorc/inq fest in pvp.
Lets just hope that Bioware look at their metrics and donít just listen to these crying children.

AndiusTheGreat
01.16.2012 , 05:55 AM | #1003
Quote: Originally Posted by Lykurgus View Post
You Sir win the internet.

The main issue being that all these people who donít understand the weakness of OP/Scound come on here and QQ. If Bioware listen and nerf them then if will just become a sorc/inq fest in pvp.
Lets just hope that Bioware look at their metrics and donít just listen to these crying children.
Somewhere someone was reading me a list of planned changes in 1.1 I'm not sure where it came from.

The smuggler and scoundrel section he showed me had a bunch of changes like the wording of different abilities and talents. The only real skill change was for the shared smuggler ability of flash grenade, changing it's coodown to 60 seconds. (It is currently a minute and a half.)

Unfortunately I don't have a link to proove it... but it looks like Bioware hasn't decided to nerf us. In fact... they are buffing us.
Andius Meuridiar - Jedi Sage - Light Side
Kaemik Meuridiar - Jedi Gaurdian - Light Side
Tharak Meuridiar - Level 50 Sawbones - Light Side
Ajunta Pall - RP-PVP

Battlemind
01.16.2012 , 05:59 AM | #1004
The mere fact this thread is 101 pages supports the claim that they are indeed OP. May I also mention the numerous threads that redirect back here as well. You all saying they do not need a nerd are ridiculous. How is it even fun when the game isn't a challenge for your class?
CE V.I.P.

carbocat
01.16.2012 , 06:02 AM | #1005
Have you ever met a full geared buff stacking jedi sage/shadow/maradur/BH???

OP`s is ur least ****\blem then, so just shut The F........up

joric
01.16.2012 , 06:07 AM | #1006
All this 101 pages prove is there are a lot of lazy a** people that can't play their class and don't want to spend the time learning to beat Operatives and Scoundrels. Take your whooping and move on it happens to all of us.
Jorrik
Mercenary
Squadron 11-11-11

Ludanyke
01.16.2012 , 06:09 AM | #1007
You're all bad. Thread closed.
Ludacris Heals at Ludicrous Speed. Rollout.
Click here for success.

crrypto
01.16.2012 , 06:09 AM | #1008
Quote: Originally Posted by joric View Post
All this 101 pages prove is there are a lot of lazy a** people that can't play their class and don't want to spend the time learning to beat Operatives and Scoundrels. Take your whooping and move on it happens to all of us.
Learn to beat? Are you kidding? It's boolean:

Trinket on CD = certain death
Trinket not on CD = you MIGHT be lucky enough to get away and fight with 50% of your health.

Any of you who think that's okay are funny. But whatever... who cares about balance in a game that can't even make PvP playable due to performance issues in WZs.

Chaos_Distortion
01.16.2012 , 08:27 AM | #1009
Quote: Originally Posted by VSutra View Post
Why? This is what apparently some of you want, I just believe the stun/burst needs to be separated, bring it in par with other burst classes.

And this is what I am bringing up, if you want more for your class, feel free to talk to bioware/post on the forums and start a discussion.

You shout it's not OP, but when I suggest other burst classes have a similar ability, suddenly you sing a different tune and come out with ridiculous scenarios ?

Self denial much ?
If you want an opener that can also stun so bad, why don't you just roll a scoundrel? Your problem is basically that you want your jedi shadow to also have a stealth opener that can also stun. They are two different classes with different advantages.. I wish that I could get some of the abilities a shadow has on my scoundrel but I can't because they are different classes and the play style is different. As soon as you learn to accept that, the faster you can move on. I am leveling a Jedi Shadow at the moment by the way, because my scoundrel is my healing Main. I Won't dps on my scoundrel until Bioware introduces dual builds. My Jedi Shadow will be my main rogue dps class and I'll do just as good on it as I did on my scoundrel when I was dps specced while leveling, if not better because of some of the extra utility that shadows get.
Empathetic (Chaos Legacy): 50 Scoundrel (Sawbones) Healer, Empathetic: 50 Sage (Seer) Healer on Helm of Graush and various other Alts.
Been playing pvp Support/Healing in nearly every MMO since 1997 UO.

Chaos_Distortion
01.16.2012 , 08:29 AM | #1010
Quote: Originally Posted by Wynn View Post
I don't know in mostly pvp gear as a healer I fear range mercs/trooper more then OP/Smugglers

CC break or Shield Prob tend to allow me to just kite them with HoTs on me
As a healing specced scoundrel I will agree. Most of the players in the game that aren't bad will agree that they aren't hard to deal with, especially healers. It's just a few of the very vocal and very bad forum minority that claim that they are OPd. I'm more afraid of Vanguards/Powertechs and the ranged dps classes in this game than I am of the rogue type classes. Vanguards/Powertechs are really hard to deal with and they tend to kill a few people before groups are able to bring them down. They do a lot of damage and have a lot of survivability, yet I don't see any posts on the forums complaining about them. Why is that? Could it be the the majority of the complainers are actually BHs/Troopers that don't want any other class to compete with them?
Empathetic (Chaos Legacy): 50 Scoundrel (Sawbones) Healer, Empathetic: 50 Sage (Seer) Healer on Helm of Graush and various other Alts.
Been playing pvp Support/Healing in nearly every MMO since 1997 UO.