Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Too laggy to move/fight

dmetria
12.13.2011 , 06:24 PM | #1
Not sure where to post this, but here goes.

The game is too laggy to move/fight. Moving/turning to run in a straight line is impossible. Forget actually fighting... Getting the stories/quests work fine.

My graphics are as low as they will go. I played in one of the betas and after reducing my graphics I was able to move around fine. But now that's not even helping. I get 4 bars on the meter, which suggests I should be fine...but not so much.

Any suggestions? Thanks.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.

beardhawk
12.13.2011 , 06:55 PM | #2
i have same issue. lagging and barely able to move or fight. as well beta worked fine when graphics were turned to low. i was able to see characters legs move when walking. Now is very choppy. is there other options to turn down graphics or draw distance?

MasterAgarwaen
12.13.2011 , 06:56 PM | #3
Same problem here... and me too, I was able to lower the graphics enough to play during the betas...

AMKSED
12.13.2011 , 06:57 PM | #4
Are you intoxicated?

riny
12.13.2011 , 06:59 PM | #5
There were some rumors during beta that playing in Windowed mode would improve your performance. Try that instead of full screen mode and report back if that worked for you.
Advice? You want advice? Don't buy real estate on Alderaan.

Toddinsc
12.13.2011 , 07:35 PM | #6
A few more things to consider:

Swap file space on your hard drive.

Current system within the recommended specs? Ie, processor, video and ram

Hate to tell you this but if your below the recommended specs, its time to update/replace your system...if you want the game to run smoothly

Valiska
12.13.2011 , 07:41 PM | #7
Same problem, even having a fairly decent pc, making sure firewalls etc are off and on lowest settings and windowed mode I have the same problem

Gendak
12.13.2011 , 08:02 PM | #8
If you are on a slightly older machine it might be worth ensuring you close some of the applications you are running in the background.

A few people from our guild had FPS problems today went back to almost perfect performance by closing web browsers that had flash player running in it and occassionally other background applications.

I know this is pretty obvious stuff, but hope this helps.

Regards,

Gendak.

goblinite
12.13.2011 , 08:04 PM | #9
Besides reducing graphics quality, try reducing your resolution as well, see if that helps.

williambr
12.13.2011 , 08:05 PM | #10
1. Open Cataclyst/Ati Control Center or Nvidia control panel
2. Set Anisotropic Filtering to 16
3. Optionally, force AA to x2,x4 or x8
4. Set In-Game Anisotropic Filtering to "low".

If the issue persists, we ask that you please try the following:

1 Go to game Preferences / Graphics. Turn off the 'bloom' option from the 'Advanced' section. This should give you about 10-20 fps increase.

2- This one is for high end PCs. If your game has high fps but is still stuttering, please go to game Preferences / Graphics and turn on the 'vertical sync' option in 'General' section. This should improve your framerate issue (however, this may decrease fps in low end machines though).

Don't know if any of this is relevent any more, but it was a fix for some of the same issues in the beta. This was from a thread lol I copied it too note pad along with alot of other crap lol
Don't take me too seriously, I don't