Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

After Balmorra, who BEST to use - Corso, Bowdaar or Akaavi

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Smuggler
After Balmorra, who BEST to use - Corso, Bowdaar or Akaavi

Donnadarco
12.31.2011 , 08:05 AM | #21
Quote:
Risha, the girl tanks as well as Corso or Bo and can do massive damage. By far our best pet. I am level 41 and have used he sense I got her.
Yes ! i dont understand. How can Risha take the same dmg as Bowdar ? Tanks sucks bad.

Risha on sniper mode. I let her tank. in Sawbones.

Quote:
I'm sawbones, level 42. I used Risha as soon as I got her, but found Akavi to be more my style. Akavi does sick burst/AoE damage and the AoE knockback is nice. I still keep Corso geared up, but most "world mini bosses," (the ones designed for like 2-4 people that drop orange/epics) I solo with Akavi. She's got the plate armor, does great DPS and can hold aggro off me when I'm spam healing her. Rarely do I ever use Corso for anything, even if it's me tanking the mobs the efficiency of using Akavi is far better then using Corso.
Problem with Akaavi and Bowdar is they do so mutch MAYHAM. So they pull other mob packs into the fight....

Akaaavi Brakes my CC Slice or Tranq dart -.-

Wookie toos into 10 other mobs.... and u wipe...

Either Sawbones with Risha on Sniper mode with AOE abilitys Shut down. or Scrapper with Risha on sniper. Very fast killing.

Trying to kill somthing with Bowdar or Corso will take 3 times longer. I tried killing Yellow classbosses with Bowdar and Corso. But their DPS is so low it takes 15 min to kill it.

for Heroic 2+ i have Guss healing. and myself doin DPS together with 1 player and 1 more DPS companion.

Rahl_Windsong
12.31.2011 , 08:42 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by setanis View Post
If you turn off Wookie Toss and the aoe abilities Bowdarr tanks very well. Corso annoys me and I hate to say it that stupid harpoon is useful sometimes. I haven't obtained Risha yet but from reading around a lot of people use Akavi.
Yes they all have their uses so what I do is dissmiss and summon as needed. Corso's harpoon as much as it is bugged and keeps getting turned back on, it also allows you to have the fight where you want it well out of the way of traffic and that can be very useful.

So I use them all, in a group Corso is not really useable especially if you are heal spec, you don't want to reel in the boss so he is standing right beside you, at least I dont think thats a good idea. Never ever! NEVER use Corso Riggs in a group!

I don't have a lot of experience with Akaavi yet but last night I joined a guild and I was grouping with a guildmate and she was a Gunslinger and me a Scoundrel. She had Akaavi out so I summoned my Akaavi and I have to say that group was pretty deadly and a ton of fun!

Aurinax
12.31.2011 , 09:44 AM | #23
How the HELL are you guys succeeding with a non-tank? I don't have Guss yet and I plan on using him, but I simply cannot do well with Akavi or Risha. Obviously 1-3 mob groups, and with the strongest target CC'd it works fine... but I can't do well in the long run unless I use Corso. I find I have the least amount of downtime with Corso too.

I'm looking forward to getting Guss though, might not have to heal companion every other pull like I do now.

Spec'd deep Scrapper.

Porall
12.31.2011 , 10:13 AM | #24
On a related note: Is there any advantage or disavantage to which character you use in fighting and the story? Personally as full sawbones solo grinding is easy with Bowdaar. But I want to advance the storyline of Risha. So I was thinking of using the wookie for fights then when I turn in or get new quests I'll pull out the woman. Will this be counterproductive?

Aurinax
12.31.2011 , 10:29 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Porall View Post
On a related note: Is there any advantage or disavantage to which character you use in fighting and the story? Personally as full sawbones solo grinding is easy with Bowdaar. But I want to advance the storyline of Risha. So I was thinking of using the wookie for fights then when I turn in or get new quests I'll pull out the woman. Will this be counterproductive?
There shouldn't be any counterproductiveness as far as I know. I think companion affection is only determined by dialogue options as far as quests are concerned.

Keep someone on a companion gift mission at all times btw. Does wonders if you want to experience more than 1 companion's storyline. Wait... do any other mission crewskills give gifts besides diplomacy?

TresMarias
12.31.2011 , 11:11 AM | #26
sawbones here so i am confused.

1. are you guys using risha for tanking? or
2. does she take down the mobs fast enough that it doesnt matter?

i was asking among the 3 tanks choices that we had. i didnt realize that risha would be a viable option. i am not even sure i can heal her thru elite same level mobs.
Sun Tzu
SwiftSure

Aurinax
12.31.2011 , 11:15 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by TresMarias View Post
sawbones here so i am confused.

1. are you guys using risha for tanking? or
2. does she take down the mobs fast enough that it doesnt matter?

i was asking among the 3 tanks choices that we had. i didnt realize that risha would be a viable option. i am not even sure i can heal her thru elite same level mobs.
After doing what seems to be 2nd half Hoth for a couple hours now (Deep Scrapper spec, level 39), I've realized that the tanks simply don't tank all that well anymore if your character is a dps spec.

As a healer I would say definitely stick with Bowdaar or Corso, but as Scrapper I'm considering swapping to Risha because we can share mods and gear.

Only thing is I've spent a good amount of Warzone Comms/Credits/Other comms buffing Corso's gear -.-

But if the tank's arent holding threat as well anymore there isnt any reason to use them.

Donnadarco
12.31.2011 , 11:24 AM | #28
Quote:
How the HELL are you guys succeeding with a non-tank? I don't have Guss yet and I plan on using him, but I simply cannot do well with Akavi or Risha. Obviously 1-3 mob groups, and with the strongest target CC'd it works fine... but I can't do well in the long run unless I use Corso. I find I have the least amount of downtime with Corso too.
I always use Tranq shot on Silver or slice droid. Then nuke trashmobs and then later go for Silver or Gold.

Its stupid to not use CC when it makes fighting large mobs so mutch esier.

Donnadarco
12.31.2011 , 12:32 PM | #29
I did some unscientific research on Yellow elites on Correlia.

My companions got almost same quality gear.

Both Risha and Akaari have Blue gear and Lv 47 Blue weapons.

A was suprice by result... I tried this several times and they are almost same times every kill. diffrence on plus minus 5 seconds.

single target dps
---------------------------------

Imperial XR-32 Droid hunter. with self healing ..29 000Hp. lv 47.

Risha snipermode. 3:35 seconds..

Akaari 15% armor mode. 2:35 Seconds.

Multi target dps
--------------------------------------

Trashpack lv 48. 4 mobs.

Risha AOE 55 sedonds.

Akaavi AOE 36 Seconds
--------------------------------------------

Bowdar have no hitrating so he missed 50% of hes hits on Droid so its impossible to kill the yellow elite with Bowdar

My testing Proves that Akaavi Is the best Companion out there. And mutch esier to keep alive then Risha.

PLEASE SOMEONE THAT HAVE CORSO GEARD UP CAN YOU POST YOUR DPS RESULTS CORSO VS AKAAVI. PLEASE

Porall
12.31.2011 , 05:59 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurinax View Post
Wait... do any other mission crewskills give gifts besides diplomacy?
I have investigation and it gives gifts too. I've got Corso, Bowdaar, and Risha around 3k compassion. As far as i can tell, Risha and Akaavi only share a couple of the gifts. So I plan on giving those 2 all my gifts and keep the wookie for quests. Corso annoys me to no end and I'm sawbones so not worried about Mr Gus. It'll take a while but maybe I can get 3 companions to 10k. I really want bowdaar to be maxed because I'm armstech.