Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

After Balmorra, who BEST to use - Corso, Bowdaar or Akaavi

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
After Balmorra, who BEST to use - Corso, Bowdaar or Akaavi

12.30.2011 , 04:11 PM | #11
I am level 40 and I have found some end of story situations particularly difficult. Typically when I use Risha my surviablity AND the surviablity of my companion is much better especially against a boss. However there have been a few situations where I use Corso & his grapple. He can grab a high level NPC with is harpoon & it has not aggro'd the other NPC's around it. Then I can kill them off as I see fit & do not have to take them on all at once & worry about using flash grenades etc. None of the stun effects so far, except droid slicing, last long enough top really do much good on higher level NPCs.

12.30.2011 , 04:20 PM | #12
Risha, unless you're having problems, in which case it's back to good ol' Corso.
Jedi Covenant | Formerly: Squadron 840; Shii-Cho | Bring back warzone pets!

12.30.2011 , 07:11 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Santaner View Post

The beastliest beast.
I use Risha.....she is hawt and she kicks butt. I tried to use Akaavi but just dont like her style

12.30.2011 , 07:35 PM | #14
My criteria boils down to:

Which companion sends people flying across my screen every minute? The answer is obvious.
♥ Love ♥
Definition: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

12.30.2011 , 08:35 PM | #15
How are you guys using Risha to tank? I've been running around with her for about five levels now and I seem be tanking everything... She doesn't seem to have any aggro holding abilities and her damage isn't anywhere near mine to hold aggro from me.

12.30.2011 , 10:39 PM | #16
I might be doing something horribly wrong, but I've found that as a sawbones I need one of the tanks. Nobody else can hold aggro from me, and I can't burn down things quick enough for aggro not to matter.

So, it's a matter of which one. I hate to say it, but I think Corso is mechanically the best. He's got a really useful ranged pull and all of his CC-breaking abilities are off by default. You have to mess with Bowdaar's abilities every time you get off your speeder, and the fact that he's melee is worse for positioning.

I still typically use Bowdaar, though. Corso's "Yeehaw!" really, really grates on me.

12.30.2011 , 10:47 PM | #17
Risha, or Bowdaar if I really need a tank.

12.30.2011 , 11:47 PM | #18
I used Risha until I picked up Guss and have never changed since then. Some melee elites might need some extra love and when that happens I pull out Corso to tank for me.(until you get guss, who works for everything and I want to bromance him)

12.31.2011 , 12:55 AM | #19
I'm sawbones, level 42. I used Risha as soon as I got her, but found Akavi to be more my style. Akavi does sick burst/AoE damage and the AoE knockback is nice. I still keep Corso geared up, but most "world mini bosses," (the ones designed for like 2-4 people that drop orange/epics) I solo with Akavi. She's got the plate armor, does great DPS and can hold aggro off me when I'm spam healing her. Rarely do I ever use Corso for anything, even if it's me tanking the mobs the efficiency of using Akavi is far better then using Corso.
Xippin - BH: Powertech; Shield Tech / Smuggler: Scoundrel; Scrapper

12.31.2011 , 01:12 AM | #20
Guss Tuno the healer, he keeps you alive. Guss (don't need to "surrender" to redirect aggro if you are taking too much heat) > Risa > Akavi > Corso > Bowdaar....

Guss and Risa due to them sharing Cunning based equipment with you, so basically you pass on your hand me down to them... Used or crafted.

Akavi melee tank and AOE since she will literally be jumping around well to groups of enemies.

Corso ranged tanking, AOE badly unless you are close to a bunch of enemies. Then his EMP burst does his work. You can manually get him to pull enemies over one by one with his harpoon...

Bowdaar, melee tank but his AOE is limited. Effective when facing very few enemies, namely one.

C2N2, you can use him too since he's a healer. But there's the issue with affection points, hassle to keep switching him out for conversation.