Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Best Stunlock PvP class?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Best Stunlock PvP class?

klathnagma's Avatar


klathnagma
12.30.2011 , 02:10 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Zutha View Post
I find it extremely amusing people saying, "End game Pvp" and "Top Pvp player" and all that and then saying the magic words.

"In WoW"
I was answering a guy that said "Someone forced you to do Arenas?" after other said "I like the lack of Areas in this game, I only did them in WoW because I had to".

That's why I said "In WoW".

Quote: Originally Posted by Brolide View Post
I like the lack of Areas in this game, I only did them in WoW because I had to
Quote: Originally Posted by Mindfulmike View Post
Someone forced you to do Arenas?
Quote: Originally Posted by klathnagma View Post
In wow everyone was forced to do Arenas if you wanted to PvP because the best gear - by a large margin - was in the Arenas.
And actually I am sorry to say that World Of Warcraft is the MMORPG where there exist the biggest and most dedicated PvP community. And yes there are Top PvP players that will use you as a mop to clean the floor in any kind of competitive PvP, and of course there exists End Game PvP. You can like it or not, but it's as it is.

Toothsome's Avatar


Toothsome
12.30.2011 , 02:14 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Brolide View Post
I kinda just skipped through so this isn't the most detailed of analyses but it seems fairly comprable to my Assassin
lol thats just insulting, we are nothing like the assasin, we both have different skillsets.. and he has more defensive abilities on getting away, ihave more of a control over my opponent.

PunkROC's Avatar


PunkROC
12.30.2011 , 02:31 AM | #23
Toothsome, what server are you on?

Zutha's Avatar


Zutha
12.30.2011 , 02:39 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by CHRISGG View Post
Yes, the only game where players were actually distinguished from others. A game hated by those that failed at it because their ego was bruised by the game itself telling them they're bad.
I believe you're just making **** up now

I played WoW vanilla for many years, it has and never will be a pvp game.

The whole concept of a "Player vs Player" is it's just that player vs player... not items vs items.

Hense why I find it amusing that the OP says top vpp player then goes on about doing Arena's for gear to compete.

Now back to you ChrisGG. You really are trying to say that people who hate wow are the people that fail at it?
That's the point You can't fail at it as it's designed with the 'average' player in mind.. i.e. 12 or the IQ of a 12 year old. It's a game for the masses where you have your hand held constantly with no difficulty what so ever and you then say, "Cause people fail at it".

You sir and just plain amusing and a great example of what I mean
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyrinic View Post
Wait until there are more 50s. Obviously.

Don't blame Bioware because you are unemployed.

Toothsome's Avatar


Toothsome
12.30.2011 , 02:40 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by PunkROC View Post
Toothsome, what server are you on?
prophecy of the five.

CHRISGG's Avatar


CHRISGG
12.30.2011 , 02:42 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Zutha View Post
I believe you're just making **** up now

I played WoW vanilla for many years, it has and never will be a pvp game.

The whole concept of a "Player vs Player" is it's just that player vs player... not items vs items.

Hense why I find it amusing that the OP says top vpp player then goes on about doing Arena's for gear to compete.

Now back to you ChrisGG. You really are trying to say that people who hate wow are the people that fail at it?
That's the point You can't fail at it as it's designed with the 'average' player in mind.. i.e. 12 or the IQ of a 12 year old. It's a game for the masses where you have your hand held constantly with no difficulty what so ever and you then say, "Cause people fail at it".

You sir and just plain amusing and a great example of what I mean
You tried and you failed. I'm sure you've played arenas and gotten dumpstered straight down to the 900 bracket. Also lol @ you using the word AVERAGE.
AKA Faction
50 Sage, Wound in the Force
Check out my YouTube channel, tons of SW:TOR videos!

Zutha's Avatar


Zutha
12.30.2011 , 02:42 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by klathnagma View Post
And actually I am sorry to say that World Of Warcraft is the MMORPG where there exist the biggest and most dedicated PvP community. And yes there are Top PvP players that will use you as a mop to clean the floor in any kind of competitive PvP, and of course there exists End Game PvP. You can like it or not, but it's as it is.
www.LeagueofLegends.com

Pretty sure they have the biggest and most dedicated pvp community for an MMO

Before you say it's "Not an MMO". All WoW pvp is instant based, set team vs team play.

"we wow has lvling and gear". LoL has character unlocks and leveling.

As for the most dedicated PvP game world wide, I'm pretty sure SC2 wins that as they have professional leagues and insane prize pools... but that's an RTS
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyrinic View Post
Wait until there are more 50s. Obviously.

Don't blame Bioware because you are unemployed.

Brzytwa's Avatar


Brzytwa
12.30.2011 , 02:49 AM | #28
I rather dont see operatives in the top of warzone chart. Best places are always reached by BH, Sorcs, Sins.

Opp are mobile and deadly, but very low survivability and only direct target.

I play sin and I'm now mostly on the first 3 places in every warzone. With my sin build I have still high dmg abilities and strong defences around 50% armor vs same lvl and so many CC and defence/offence skills (included long ranged and AoE). So I can leave hide off in the back of entire enemy party then kill 1-2 targets on sight and still have enough health to run away and put myself stealth again.

If trouble I can always escape to stealth even in combat. I can also play very flexible. Sometimes on long range, sometimes on close combat. So sin is very flexible class. Not the best DPS but very deadly if played well.
. OPOD FTW!

Dietyz's Avatar


Dietyz
12.30.2011 , 03:01 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Zutha View Post
I find it extremely amusing people saying, "End game Pvp" and "Top Pvp player" and all that and then saying the magic words.

"In WoW"
i havent played wow in over 2 years, but just to let you know you quit right before the best xpac

tbc was AMAZING for pvpers
Han solo mid or feed

klathnagma's Avatar


klathnagma
12.30.2011 , 03:03 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Zutha View Post
www.LeagueofLegends.com

Pretty sure they have the biggest and most dedicated pvp community for an MMO

Before you say it's "Not an MMO".
I don't have to say it, you already said it and Shawn Carnes - main designer from Riot Games - said it.

This really implies I am right as the other only MMO you put on the table to say I am wrong is not even an MMO.