Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best Stunlock PvP class?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Best Stunlock PvP class?

Brolide
12.30.2011 , 01:17 AM | #1
Currently I am leveling a Sith Assassin but keep hearing talk of Operatives being very good too. Is it give and take or are operatives just superior to Assassins? I am somewhat new to Star Wars (granted everyone is) however I was a fairly high end PvPer throughout the last 2 expansions of WoW so I'm a good MMOer in general. Any thoughts?

Quesa
12.30.2011 , 01:20 AM | #2
The operative doesn't really stun-lock anyone, they just have an epic ability to drop your health by 1/2 before you get up from their first hit.

bheta
12.30.2011 , 01:22 AM | #3
What ability is that?
My Rig: I7-4820k, Asus P9X79 Pro, ASUS GTX 970, 24 GB ripjaw x series, 120 GB Mushkin Chronos Deluxe, 4tb HHSSD, 2TB Caviar Black, 2TB External, Corsair RM 850 psu, Corsair H105, NZXT switch 810

Quesa
12.30.2011 , 01:24 AM | #4
If I recall correctly it's a combination of the talented Hidden Strike, which knocks you "on your face", Backstab (free if talented) and a Shiv. I've seen HS's hit for 4-4.5k and BS's hit easily for 2k.

Brolide
12.30.2011 , 01:27 AM | #5
High damage is cool and all, but I'm more so looking for a class with decent damage and lots of control in end game PvP, so is the Assassin a good choice?

I won't mind it so much if I can lose 1/2 my HP in the beginning but then gain control and win in the end. Or just have a decent amount of control in general. Again keep in mind (assuming most people playing this have also played WoW and know what I'm talking about) I have been over 2K in Arenas in WoW multiple times so I'm a decent player and can get good at my selected class given the right tools. I just want to know if I will have said tools.

Just to note, I like the lack of Areas in this game, I only did them in WoW because I had to, I'm glad I don't have to do them any more.

Mindfulmike
12.30.2011 , 01:28 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Brolide View Post
Damage is cool and all, but I'm more so looking for a class with decent damage and lots of control in end game PvP, so is the Assassin a good choice?

I won't mind it so much if I can lose 1/2 my HP in the beginning but then gain control and win in the end. Or just have a decent amount of control in general. Again keep in mind (assuming most people playing this have also played WoW and know what I'm talking about) I have been over 2K in Arenas in WoW multiple times so I'm a decent player and can get good at my selected class given the right tools. I just want to know if I will have said tools.

Just to note, I like the lack of Areas in this game, I only did them in WoW because I had to, I'm glad I don't have to do them any more.
Someone forced you to do Arenas?

Aneu
12.30.2011 , 01:29 AM | #7
To me it sounds like you want an easymode flavour of the month class. There are none, pick a class, get to endgame, learn to play it and get on with it.
Vengeance Of The Fallen
Aneu

"Owning since 2003"
www.VoTF-online.net

Brolide
12.30.2011 , 01:29 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Mindfulmike View Post
Someone forced you to do Arenas?
Not literally, but if you wanted high end PvP gear (which was all I cared about) you pretty much had to do them

Toothsome
12.30.2011 , 01:31 AM | #9

Brolide
12.30.2011 , 01:31 AM | #10
Uhh, there's no video...