Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Simple fix for Slicing Nerf

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Simple fix for Slicing Nerf

Volki
12.30.2011 , 12:47 AM | #1
Let Bioware create Slicing nerfed servers. People can transfer there if they want. Would you object to playing on a server that suits your playstyle and economic theories? If not, allow me my regular "unNerfed" servers. This way, everyone is happy.

Who has a problem with Slicing "unNerfed" and Slicing nerfed servers?

KiroLM
12.30.2011 , 01:30 AM | #2
Sounds suspiciously like the Everquest Premium Servers tried to be.

I.e. Ghost towns full of rich ******es.

Volki
12.30.2011 , 03:02 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by KiroLM View Post
Sounds suspiciously like the Everquest Premium Servers tried to be.

I.e. Ghost towns full of rich ******es.
I'm not trying to sell anything. Also, pre-nerf Slicing countered gold farmers, post nerf, you'll be flooded with them. I'll bet the vast majority of players choose the "unNerfed" servers, proving no nerf was needed.

But you didn't answer my question. Are you for, or against having a choice on which server to play on (the post Slicing nerf, or pre-nerf servers)?

No one is forcing you to play on a server you think will be a ghost town. The transfer choice, should Bioware adopt this approach, would be up to you.

Tenetke
12.30.2011 , 03:04 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Volki View Post
Let Bioware create Slicing nerfed servers. People can transfer there if they want. Would you object to playing on a server that suits your playstyle and economic theories? If not, allow me my regular "unNerfed" servers. This way, everyone is happy.

Who has a problem with Slicing "unNerfed" and Slicing nerfed servers?
No one would play on the nerfed servers. Sure they are happy they got Bioware to cave to the forum QQ, but if presented a choice they wouldn't choose to be on a regular server where no one would play.
Try hard is now an insult? At what point did our society degrade so much that trying hard is an insult? What's next? People who perpetuate this idea of "trying hard is a bad thing" are only hurting our society as a whole. They should be removed from it, forcefully if required. You don't randomly allow a cancer to grow, you excise it.

Volki
12.30.2011 , 03:26 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Tenetke View Post
No one would play on the nerfed servers. Sure they are happy they got Bioware to cave to the forum QQ, but if presented a choice they wouldn't choose to be on a regular server where no one would play.
I agree. I've posted this "fix" on the thread dedicated to the slicing nerf, and no one wants to answer my question, lol. If they won't go on a slicing nerfed server, then slicing didn't need to be nerfed.

Jafnahar
12.30.2011 , 03:52 AM | #6
You can't really be serious about this, can you?

You know the answer, and you know it has nothing to do with the question.

People wouldn't play on slicing-nerfed servers because it's an unnecessary fragmentation of the community, over a non-issue. Not, as you suggest, because it didn't need nerfed. This is a classic straw man argument, and that's likely why most people won't answer you.

Slicing needed nerfed. A crew skill that essentially exists for no other purposes than to rake in wads of credits is damaging to the economy. The issue is now fixed, and it's those who lost their meal ticket that are angry, not the rest of us. How about Bioware makes a handful of "Classic Slicing (Pre-Nerf)" servers? Would you go play on those?

Exithole
12.30.2011 , 04:03 AM | #7
Slicing did need nerfed. Big time. And while it is still profitable (ie. Spend hours at lock box locations at 3am farming super fast respawns) I predict a small buff to slicing so that its Level 6 missions bring a bigger return instead of a net loss.

As to the question:

I would play on a prenerf server. I think that the prenerf Slicing was Anti- Gold Farmer.

And if someone wished to complain about the amount of money generated by a prenerf Slicer my only response would be, Level an Alt with Slicing and join the club.

Jalden
12.30.2011 , 04:06 AM | #8
I think Bioware should make a new server for every change they make to the game!

diamondking
12.30.2011 , 04:31 AM | #9
Slicing needed a fine tuning, but I still think that Bioware overdid it, but this is one helluva tough "proffesion" to balance in the first place. Honestly, I'm surprised it made it into the actual game.
"Badges?? We don't need no stinkin' badges!!"

Volki
12.30.2011 , 04:37 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Jafnahar View Post
You can't really be serious about this, can you?

You know the answer, and you know it has nothing to do with the question.

People wouldn't play on slicing-nerfed servers because it's an unnecessary fragmentation of the community, over a non-issue. Not, as you suggest, because it didn't need nerfed. This is a classic straw man argument, and that's likely why most people won't answer you.

Slicing needed nerfed. A crew skill that essentially exists for no other purposes than to rake in wads of credits is damaging to the economy. The issue is now fixed, and it's those who lost their meal ticket that are angry, not the rest of us. How about Bioware makes a handful of "Classic Slicing (Pre-Nerf)" servers? Would you go play on those?
Yes, I would.