MODDABLE "orange" quality gear ONLY for levels 1-49, very disapointed :-(

Rheemus

So as some who made level 50 might know the raid gear has its Armor mod slots LOCKED down so you cannot take its mods out and slot it into your favorite orange quality cool looking armor.

Yes some equal quality "loose" armor mods was said by developers to be made avialable in raids , but we have not seen a single one yet at least.

What is worse for PVP gear there is no equvalent to this, or in other words no PVP armor mod vendor so your stuck with your champions etc gear exactly how it looks, as the juicy stats are on the armor mods which cannot be removed (and lets be honest the level 50 epic PVP gear has had so much negative feedback for its crappy looks)

In other words you will end up looking EXACTLY like all other players of the same class, the question then begs WHY then Bioware implemented the Orange moddable gear in the first place, if its practically not usable at endgame ?

Yes, some Bioware developer said they "had" to do this because otherwise some raiders would just farm the first couple bosses and remove the mods and by this make complete upgraded armor sets without having to kill the more difficult end- bosses.

I cant believe they just made this "cheap" bandaid solution, instead of, for example made the armor mods dependent on the piece it was removed from, ie chest piece armor mod only usable in chest piece orange armor etc.

Before anyone says why even care for looks or "only stats count" well in that case why even make the game graphically apeasing ? or even just make it text based like RPGs from the 80s :-)

Bandaid solutions like this from the game developers really make me worry for its future, and lets be CLEAR, i waited 5 years for this game and could be called a "fan" and do NOT want this game to fail, which is WHY stuff like this (and as you all know the "list" with urgent things for them to fix is getting longer every day already...) is really making me sad.

Edited by Rheemus

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They could have dealt with this by having the high end encounters drop the mods, not the armor.

That way we could wear any style of armor we wanted to and they could gate the mods by encounter any way they wanted to.

Edit:

Don't know if this is already done, but they would have to soul bind the mods as well.

Don't think they do because someone was pointing out that mod crafting as a profession is doomed because they don't soul bind, so there is no mechanic to remove these items from the game. So the price for mods in trade will be little under the cost to remove them from armor.

Edited by ObiQuixote

i posted on this a week or so ago, and generally had same basic gripe as you do and i noticed this WAY before lvl 50! moment i checked out tier gear pvp and pve i noticed big issue! actually noticed it on earlier gear was epic to via crafting BUT i figured was just early crafted gear or something!

Basically one of general beta testers explained to me why devs made the change and came down to flaw in own system... which was people would get boots from venders or what ever and put those mods into chest armor, so instead of paying the extra 200 or so badges for the chest armor just move mods into the chest from boots thus found a way to get decked out cheaper. Was what caused the nerf itself...

Indirectly has basically made me not even care to get to 50 because i refuse to be a clone.... and i'm with you on this one...its absurd...

Edit: to those that don't get it... you will not be using orange moddable gear at 50 because you cant upgrade them at all. The mods from epic gear and tier gear are locked into armor and CAN'T be removed for any cost or price what so ever. So what we get is the Clone syndrome where everyone of your class is wearing SAME exact set of armor... and thus end up looking like everyone else and no diversity or difference in appearance. If you can't wrap head around why this is horrible then you have never experienced end game content in any mmo before.

Edited by Lokai

i posted on this a week or so ago, and generally had same basic gripe as you do and i noticed this WAY before lvl 50! moment i checked out tier gear pvp and pve i noticed big issue! actually noticed it on earlier gear was epic to via crafting BUT i figured was just early crafted gear or something!

Basically one of general beta testers explained to me why devs made the change and came down to flaw in own system... which was people would get boots from venders or what ever and put those mods into chest armor, so instead of paying the extra 200 or so badges for the chest armor just move mods into the chest from boots thus found a way to get decked out cheaper. Was what caused the nerf itself...

Indirectly has basically made me not even care to get to 50 because i refuse to be a clone.... and i'm with you on this one...its absurd...

Edit: to those that don't get it... you will not be using orange moddable gear at 50 because you cant upgrade them at all. The mods from epic gear and tier gear are locked into armor and CAN'T be removed for any cost or price what so ever. So what we get is the Clone syndrome where everyone of your class is wearing SAME exact set of armor... and thus end up looking like everyone else and no diversity or difference in appearance. If you can't wrap head around why this is horrible then you have never experienced end game content in any mmo before.

Not only that but the "set bonuses" are not transfered to your moddable orange gear either

Again they said that "equivalent" mods would be dropping from raids, though they are not dropping for now as far as we have had drops.

Also there is like i said no equivalent to this for PVP gear, so your stuck with the gear and how it looks, an my oh my does most of the PVP gear look TERRIBLE, also look at most of the raid gear its HORRIBLE looking much worse than your level 1-10 starter sets, people in beta already complained about this in hundreds of posts.

Whats even more just plain out stupid is, i just discovered i cant even remove my purple color crystal from my PVP champions light saber...... i dont even see what the problem is here its a color change and that is all !

Sorry but i am getting slightly agitated of the lead developers "solutions", i fell they are destroying their own game with not thought through "solutions" like this.

Edited by Rheemus

its not that hard... there are no level 50 orange clothing

The level in Custom gear is only based upon the Mods within it. All my gear is level 50. My weapon started off as a lvl 32 blaster. Armor is lvl 40 pvp set.

Armor rating is based on type (light, medium, heavy) x armor plating value

weapon damage is based on type (riffle, cannon, pistol, saber...) x barrel/hilt damage value

I do not know the multiplier differences, it seems to be kind of small like a 0.10 difference. But its generally around there. So that is why there is no "level 50" oranges. You make them level 50.

Edited by ltprudii

The level in Custom gear is only based upon the Mods within it. All my gear is level 50. My weapon started off as a lvl 32 blaster. Armor is lvl 40 pvp set.

weapon damage is based on type (riffle, cannon, pistol, saber...) x barrel damage value

I do not know the multiplier differences, it seems to be kind of small like a 0.10 difference. But its generally around there. So that is why there is no "level 50" oranges. You make them level 50.

Sorry, no it seems you have not understood this either.... i dont even know how i can explain it better :-( hopefully some bright person cant enlighten our friend here ?

At least i hope many more players will comment on this horrible design philosphy by the developers when they do get to level 50 and really understand what this is about.

weapon damage is based on type (riffle, cannon, pistol, saber...) x barrel/hilt damage value

you cant...make them at 50...because epic tier mods are NOT attainable... all lvl 50 epic gear has armoring and crystal mods locked into the gear so you CANT take them out! this means either completely reliant on a raid drop may or may not happen, or must come to grips with being sub-par with everyone else in the raid because you refuse to upgrade.

This is further compounded by fact is NO way to get same armoring and crystal mods for pvpers who are basically forced to now look terrible...hate to say it but personally i guess be sub-par because i refuse to look like a ****...

To the above poster, the problem is that the level 50 mods that are in the epic gear slots are LOCKED. Thus, if you don't like the look of the gear but want the stats, well too bad, cause you can't take out the mods for your orange gear!

What Bioware really should've done is have the option of looting mod(s) themselves instead of picking up the gear, that way you can get the stats for your orange gear.

OR, they should've made mods gear exclusive, like having a chest-mod versus a boot-mod. This way they could still avoid people farming the early bosses for the mods instead of progressing to the end of raids. If they loot those boots, they can pop out boot-only mods.

Obviously without an appearance tab of some kind, we're forced to having to slave over our orange gear to get a look we like and still have viable stats.

Edited by Sharkey-Fett

Hmm, I also dont really understand what the OP is trying to say.

I found some nice orange items and I upgrade them whenever I can with crafted mods, etc. Does this not work at lvl 50 anymore? Are there no mods, enhancements etc. for lvl 50 players?

This would make the whole crafting system obsolent, so I doubt this is the case.

Why wouldnt you want to show off gear that you earned? instead of looking like someone levelling

Hahahahaaha ;-)

Sorry i was disapointed of this games shortcummings and really needed a good laugh, mind you not lauging AT you but by what you said, seen in the light that 90 % of both endgame PVE and PVP gear looks absolutely HORRIBLE, (most level 40 gear looks leagues ABOVE better)

I mean really seriously, my 10 year old daughter draws much better looking armor and clothes in art class, she even designed a 250 armor set piece for a youth D&D book in a talent competition. If a 10 year old can do this, i am sure a 150 million USD budget game should be able to do at least on par :-)

Edited by Rheemus

I found some nice orange items and I upgrade them whenever I can with crafted mods, etc. Does this not work at lvl 50 anymore? Are there no mods, enhancements etc. for lvl 50 players?

This would make the whole crafting system obsolent, so I doubt this is the case.

There are mods at 50 but none that best the raid quality gear or pvp gear. And the the primary mods on these gear items are LOCKED so you can't take them out and stick them in your favourite orange set.

If i remember correctly BW said they locked these mods so people wouldn't farm them for..? Idk to make a profit? They could have simply made end game tiered gear BoP and also make any mods in that gear BoP if that was the case.

I think you all should look at what you can get

Also there is no "epic" grade. Purples are called artifacts. And i have several. My riffle has 415 top damage. Replace the barrel i have with the Commando 25 one with base 140 damage... and its on par with PVP gear.

I know nothing apparently. Look at TORhead sometime as well. Its amazing what some reading will do.

(not to the page 2 people lol)

Edited by ltprudii

Max craftable mods atm is lvl 49 mods, it might be that you can learn schematics later on from world/instance drops.

I really feel a craftable lvl 50 mod if it exist still shouldn't be as powerful as a raid drop mod.

I like the idea of mods beeing BoA, and locked to that armor slot, not to the armor piece itself.

I think you all should look at what you can craft.

Also there is no "epic" grade. Purples are called artifacts. And i have several. My riffle has 415 top damage. Replace the barrel i have with the Commando 25 one with base 140 damage... and its on par with PVP gear.

I know nothing apparently. Look at TORhead sometime as well. Its amazing what some reading will do.

Anyway for both PVE and PVP endgame gear the fact stands they are ABOVE what you can craft mostly so there is no other option than looking really horrible or use sub-par gear (orange quality that you actually like the looks off), and again those crafted epics cannot have their stats/mods removed either !

Thus the whole SWTOR has moddable gear that makes you look unique and cool and LIKE THE PLAYER wants is really only while leveling, at endgame they completely invalidated their OWN "orange" moddable gear system.......really makes you wonder about the future of this game....

Edited by Rheemus

I think you all should look at what you can craft.

really? and how much expertise do you have? 0 ? thats what i thought... point being i don't think a drop should be locked in anyway why should i have to rely on a crafter to have plan/pattern i need? chances are good either going to WAY WAY over pay or not be able to get mods i need. However that said from everything i've heard the best cybertech mods are quite a bit less then tier gear items and drops by about 10-20% or so, is great when start to raid BUT anything past that is going to require teir items.

So again ... i come back to my original point... armoring an crystal mods shouldn't be locked unless equivilents can be purchased else where at reasonable prices. I am not going to pay some ya hoo 200000000000000 credits for a color crystal lol... and pvpers are pretty much sunk at anyrate...

The easiest way to fix this is to give us wardrobes like Rift did. You have your gear slots and then you have your wardrobe slots. In your wardrobe slot, you can put any piece of crappy gear that happens to LOOK GOOD and it will cover up your real gear. You still get the stats from your real gear, but can look the way you want to look. As long as the wardrobe gear is for your class, you can wear it. (No, you can't put trooper gear on a jedi, for instance -- I am not suggesting that).

I for one am sick of Jedis being forced to wear ugly brown robes. I found a white robe that looks great but it's a piece of green gear and sucks compared to my orange gear. If we had wardrobes, I could merely "cover up" my ugly brown robe with this gear that looks better.

Indeed all of the orange gear I have found with my consular is an ugly brown robe. Has anyone found a piece of orange gear that is NOT brown and ugly on the republic side? If so, please tell me where you got it, so I can search it out.