Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

MODDABLE "orange" quality gear ONLY for levels 1-49, very disapointed :-(

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
MODDABLE "orange" quality gear ONLY for levels 1-49, very disapointed :-(

ltprudii
12.30.2011 , 01:25 AM | #21
I think you all should look at what you can get

Also there is no "epic" grade. Purples are called artifacts. And i have several. My riffle has 415 top damage. Replace the barrel i have with the Commando 25 one with base 140 damage... and its on par with PVP gear.

I know nothing apparently. Look at TORhead sometime as well. Its amazing what some reading will do.

(not to the page 2 people lol)
The BrotherHood an Elite Trooper only Republic Unit
Staff Sergeant - Element: Titan Co, Null Squad
[Recruitment Thread]

Stepsson
12.30.2011 , 01:28 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by RachelAnne View Post
Hmm, I also dont really understand what the OP is trying to say.

I found some nice orange items and I upgrade them whenever I can with crafted mods, etc. Does this not work at lvl 50 anymore? Are there no mods, enhancements etc. for lvl 50 players?

This would make the whole crafting system obsolent, so I doubt this is the case.
Max craftable mods atm is lvl 49 mods, it might be that you can learn schematics later on from world/instance drops.

I really feel a craftable lvl 50 mod if it exist still shouldn't be as powerful as a raid drop mod.

I like the idea of mods beeing BoA, and locked to that armor slot, not to the armor piece itself.

Rheemus
12.30.2011 , 01:30 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by ltprudii View Post
I think you all should look at what you can craft.

Also there is no "epic" grade. Purples are called artifacts. And i have several. My riffle has 415 top damage. Replace the barrel i have with the Commando 25 one with base 140 damage... and its on par with PVP gear.

I know nothing apparently. Look at TORhead sometime as well. Its amazing what some reading will do.

Anyway for both PVE and PVP endgame gear the fact stands they are ABOVE what you can craft mostly so there is no other option than looking really horrible or use sub-par gear (orange quality that you actually like the looks off), and again those crafted epics cannot have their stats/mods removed either !

Thus the whole SWTOR has moddable gear that makes you look unique and cool and LIKE THE PLAYER wants is really only while leveling, at endgame they completely invalidated their OWN "orange" moddable gear system.......really makes you wonder about the future of this game....

Lokai
12.30.2011 , 01:31 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by ltprudii View Post
I think you all should look at what you can craft.

really? and how much expertise do you have? 0 ? thats what i thought... point being i don't think a drop should be locked in anyway why should i have to rely on a crafter to have plan/pattern i need? chances are good either going to WAY WAY over pay or not be able to get mods i need. However that said from everything i've heard the best cybertech mods are quite a bit less then tier gear items and drops by about 10-20% or so, is great when start to raid BUT anything past that is going to require teir items.

So again ... i come back to my original point... armoring an crystal mods shouldn't be locked unless equivilents can be purchased else where at reasonable prices. I am not going to pay some ya hoo 200000000000000 credits for a color crystal lol... and pvpers are pretty much sunk at anyrate...
" Destiny is like a river...washes us along its ever winding path, the jedi follow its path drawn along it like lambs to the slaughter... but We Sith fight the flow of destiny, turn its course to our whim! Through this will we be the true victors of this war!" -Lokai-

Thiussat
12.30.2011 , 01:33 AM | #25
The easiest way to fix this is to give us wardrobes like Rift did. You have your gear slots and then you have your wardrobe slots. In your wardrobe slot, you can put any piece of crappy gear that happens to LOOK GOOD and it will cover up your real gear. You still get the stats from your real gear, but can look the way you want to look. As long as the wardrobe gear is for your class, you can wear it. (No, you can't put trooper gear on a jedi, for instance -- I am not suggesting that).

I for one am sick of Jedis being forced to wear ugly brown robes. I found a white robe that looks great but it's a piece of green gear and sucks compared to my orange gear. If we had wardrobes, I could merely "cover up" my ugly brown robe with this gear that looks better.

Indeed all of the orange gear I have found with my consular is an ugly brown robe. Has anyone found a piece of orange gear that is NOT brown and ugly on the republic side? If so, please tell me where you got it, so I can search it out.

Lokai
12.30.2011 , 01:38 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Mrshush View Post
i have seen lvl 50 purple armor mods in the game. so your whining is moot.
annnnd they are as good as tier gear? no yep what i thought =3 also pvp mods? no then imma continue to *****...

Quote: Originally Posted by Thiussat View Post
Indeed all of the orange gear I have found with my consular is an ugly brown robe. Has anyone found a piece of orange gear that is NOT brown and ugly on the republic side? If so, please tell me where you got it, so I can search it out.
as a consular try looking at social gear, its light modable armor its what my SI uses, and a wide variety of different sets.
" Destiny is like a river...washes us along its ever winding path, the jedi follow its path drawn along it like lambs to the slaughter... but We Sith fight the flow of destiny, turn its course to our whim! Through this will we be the true victors of this war!" -Lokai-

Perfik
12.30.2011 , 01:38 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by _Miranda_ View Post
I dress for myself, I don't dress for others.
nop :P you think you dress for yourself. Infact you dress for the others (because everyone else is getting dressed also:P) and for not going in jail like a perv :P

on topic.

you cant' craft epic enchaments ? or what epic encha you craft is inferior to the raided gear?

if this is the case then crafting is obsolute at endgame, it is good for leveling-alts but in your main tune you will end up with a money making gatherer (slicing) and farm it with no end :P

ps. not 50 still thats why i am asking.

Darkevilhum
12.30.2011 , 01:41 AM | #28
If BW insists on keep this failure of a system of theirs I propose the following changes:

1. Reverse engineering an item as a crafter has a chance to return the moddable version
schematic for that item.

2. Implement a social set which has a piece for every slot which is basically invisible/ alpha 0. E.g. = Slave girl set + invisible belt/ bracers?

3. Make all end game sets Bind on Aquire/pickup including the mods within them.

4a. Make the mods in the above mentioned sets interchangeable so that they CAN be used in other moddable sets but only by that player (BoA/P).

----------

4b. If not 4a, then lock ALL the mods in end game gear and allow mods of equal quality to be looted or crafted. Or even purchased i.e. using pvp commendations.

You may say, this almost makes end game gear obsolete if mods of equal quality can be looted/crafted etc.
Thats not the case considering to aquire the gear your talking either hardcore raiding, or equivelant hardcore pvp. Which rewards you with the gear pre-slotted.

Getting the mods and your own orange quality gear would probably still be more difficult which it in all honesty shouldn't be.

Mrshush
12.30.2011 , 01:43 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Lokai View Post
annnnd they are as good as tier gear? no yep what i thought =3 also pvp mods? no then imma continue to *****...

as a consular try looking at social gear, its light modable armor its what my SI uses, and a wide variety of different sets.

yes they are just because you havent seen them drop yet doesnt mean they dont exist. RNG, the R stands for random.

Valhallus
12.30.2011 , 01:46 AM | #30
I have to say, hearing this really pisses me off...
.:: I wish to impart to you a new point of view for your mind's eye ::.