Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

MODDABLE "orange" quality gear ONLY for levels 1-49, very disapointed :-(

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
MODDABLE "orange" quality gear ONLY for levels 1-49, very disapointed :-(

Rheemus
12.30.2011 , 12:46 AM | #1
So as some who made level 50 might know the raid gear has its Armor mod slots LOCKED down so you cannot take its mods out and slot it into your favorite orange quality cool looking armor.

Yes some equal quality "loose" armor mods was said by developers to be made avialable in raids , but we have not seen a single one yet at least.

What is worse for PVP gear there is no equvalent to this, or in other words no PVP armor mod vendor so your stuck with your champions etc gear exactly how it looks, as the juicy stats are on the armor mods which cannot be removed (and lets be honest the level 50 epic PVP gear has had so much negative feedback for its crappy looks)

In other words you will end up looking EXACTLY like all other players of the same class, the question then begs WHY then Bioware implemented the Orange moddable gear in the first place, if its practically not usable at endgame ?

Yes, some Bioware developer said they "had" to do this because otherwise some raiders would just farm the first couple bosses and remove the mods and by this make complete upgraded armor sets without having to kill the more difficult end- bosses.

I cant believe they just made this "cheap" bandaid solution, instead of, for example made the armor mods dependent on the piece it was removed from, ie chest piece armor mod only usable in chest piece orange armor etc.

Before anyone says why even care for looks or "only stats count" well in that case why even make the game graphically apeasing ? or even just make it text based like RPGs from the 80s :-)

Bandaid solutions like this from the game developers really make me worry for its future, and lets be CLEAR, i waited 5 years for this game and could be called a "fan" and do NOT want this game to fail, which is WHY stuff like this (and as you all know the "list" with urgent things for them to fix is getting longer every day already...) is really making me sad.

cdstephen
12.30.2011 , 12:49 AM | #2
What about crafted mods?
The HK droid that absolutely no one likes.

Spitoc
12.30.2011 , 12:50 AM | #3
u can loot mods thru raids that will go into moddable clothing
I ALWAYS get my mark, and I'm coming for you!
Proud CE Owner

ObiQuixote
12.30.2011 , 12:51 AM | #4
They could have dealt with this by having the high end encounters drop the mods, not the armor.

That way we could wear any style of armor we wanted to and they could gate the mods by encounter any way they wanted to.

Edit:
Don't know if this is already done, but they would have to soul bind the mods as well.

Don't think they do because someone was pointing out that mod crafting as a profession is doomed because they don't soul bind, so there is no mechanic to remove these items from the game. So the price for mods in trade will be little under the cost to remove them from armor.

Lokai
12.30.2011 , 12:53 AM | #5
i posted on this a week or so ago, and generally had same basic gripe as you do and i noticed this WAY before lvl 50! moment i checked out tier gear pvp and pve i noticed big issue! actually noticed it on earlier gear was epic to via crafting BUT i figured was just early crafted gear or something!

Basically one of general beta testers explained to me why devs made the change and came down to flaw in own system... which was people would get boots from venders or what ever and put those mods into chest armor, so instead of paying the extra 200 or so badges for the chest armor just move mods into the chest from boots thus found a way to get decked out cheaper. Was what caused the nerf itself...

Indirectly has basically made me not even care to get to 50 because i refuse to be a clone.... and i'm with you on this one...its absurd...

Edit: to those that don't get it... you will not be using orange moddable gear at 50 because you cant upgrade them at all. The mods from epic gear and tier gear are locked into armor and CAN'T be removed for any cost or price what so ever. So what we get is the Clone syndrome where everyone of your class is wearing SAME exact set of armor... and thus end up looking like everyone else and no diversity or difference in appearance. If you can't wrap head around why this is horrible then you have never experienced end game content in any mmo before.
" Destiny is like a river...washes us along its ever winding path, the jedi follow its path drawn along it like lambs to the slaughter... but We Sith fight the flow of destiny, turn its course to our whim! Through this will we be the true victors of this war!" -Lokai-

Rheemus
12.30.2011 , 12:59 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Lokai View Post
i posted on this a week or so ago, and generally had same basic gripe as you do and i noticed this WAY before lvl 50! moment i checked out tier gear pvp and pve i noticed big issue! actually noticed it on earlier gear was epic to via crafting BUT i figured was just early crafted gear or something!

Basically one of general beta testers explained to me why devs made the change and came down to flaw in own system... which was people would get boots from venders or what ever and put those mods into chest armor, so instead of paying the extra 200 or so badges for the chest armor just move mods into the chest from boots thus found a way to get decked out cheaper. Was what caused the nerf itself...

Indirectly has basically made me not even care to get to 50 because i refuse to be a clone.... and i'm with you on this one...its absurd...

Edit: to those that don't get it... you will not be using orange moddable gear at 50 because you cant upgrade them at all. The mods from epic gear and tier gear are locked into armor and CAN'T be removed for any cost or price what so ever. So what we get is the Clone syndrome where everyone of your class is wearing SAME exact set of armor... and thus end up looking like everyone else and no diversity or difference in appearance. If you can't wrap head around why this is horrible then you have never experienced end game content in any mmo before.
Not only that but the "set bonuses" are not transfered to your moddable orange gear either

Rheemus
12.30.2011 , 01:04 AM | #7
Again they said that "equivalent" mods would be dropping from raids, though they are not dropping for now as far as we have had drops.

Also there is like i said no equivalent to this for PVP gear, so your stuck with the gear and how it looks, an my oh my does most of the PVP gear look TERRIBLE, also look at most of the raid gear its HORRIBLE looking much worse than your level 1-10 starter sets, people in beta already complained about this in hundreds of posts.

Whats even more just plain out stupid is, i just discovered i cant even remove my purple color crystal from my PVP champions light saber...... i dont even see what the problem is here its a color change and that is all !

Sorry but i am getting slightly agitated of the lead developers "solutions", i fell they are destroying their own game with not thought through "solutions" like this.

ltprudii
12.30.2011 , 01:08 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by SepaAhazi View Post
its not that hard... there are no level 50 orange clothing
The level in Custom gear is only based upon the Mods within it. All my gear is level 50. My weapon started off as a lvl 32 blaster. Armor is lvl 40 pvp set.

Armor rating is based on type (light, medium, heavy) x armor plating value

weapon damage is based on type (riffle, cannon, pistol, saber...) x barrel/hilt damage value

I do not know the multiplier differences, it seems to be kind of small like a 0.10 difference. But its generally around there. So that is why there is no "level 50" oranges. You make them level 50.
The BrotherHood an Elite Trooper only Republic Unit
Staff Sergeant - Element: Titan Co, Null Squad
[Recruitment Thread]

Rheemus
12.30.2011 , 01:12 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by ltprudii View Post
The level in Custom gear is only based upon the Mods within it. All my gear is level 50. My weapon started off as a lvl 32 blaster. Armor is lvl 40 pvp set.

weapon damage is based on type (riffle, cannon, pistol, saber...) x barrel damage value

I do not know the multiplier differences, it seems to be kind of small like a 0.10 difference. But its generally around there. So that is why there is no "level 50" oranges. You make them level 50.
Sorry, no it seems you have not understood this either.... i dont even know how i can explain it better :-( hopefully some bright person cant enlighten our friend here ?

At least i hope many more players will comment on this horrible design philosphy by the developers when they do get to level 50 and really understand what this is about.

Lokai
12.30.2011 , 01:14 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ltprudii View Post

weapon damage is based on type (riffle, cannon, pistol, saber...) x barrel/hilt damage value

you cant...make them at 50...because epic tier mods are NOT attainable... all lvl 50 epic gear has armoring and crystal mods locked into the gear so you CANT take them out! this means either completely reliant on a raid drop may or may not happen, or must come to grips with being sub-par with everyone else in the raid because you refuse to upgrade.

This is further compounded by fact is NO way to get same armoring and crystal mods for pvpers who are basically forced to now look terrible...hate to say it but personally i guess be sub-par because i refuse to look like a ****...
" Destiny is like a river...washes us along its ever winding path, the jedi follow its path drawn along it like lambs to the slaughter... but We Sith fight the flow of destiny, turn its course to our whim! Through this will we be the true victors of this war!" -Lokai-