Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

List of Missing or Bugged Codex entries from all Planets(Imperium)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
List of Missing or Bugged Codex entries from all Planets(Imperium)

Orbyious
07.06.2012 , 09:59 PM | #221
Not sure if this is right but on Ord Mantell as a smuggler the last quest prior to leaving you met and kill a couple of bounty hunters that are the missing species as a smuggler but I did not get the codexs for them is this a know bug or just luck that it happened to my smuggler only codexs I have left for this planet

TheIronMonkey
07.07.2012 , 09:17 PM | #222
So do I take the list on the first page hasn't been updated for a while?
I don't know if this is a Sith thing, but at the beginning of every game conversation my first thought is "You are so dead"...

MandalorBuster
07.10.2012 , 07:38 PM | #223
not for a while... look at the time stamp.....
SWTOR CE
LvL 50 Juggernaut Carlus
LvL 50 Powertech Mooninite
Server: The Bastion

Moitteva
07.13.2012 , 04:07 PM | #224
Hey everyone,

We've unstickied this thread because it was not being kept updated by the original poster, but if anyone else would like to update, or create a new thread, just let us know.

Some new information about updating the codexes just came out today in the Community Q&A blog as well:

Quote:
Talius-LH: Is there any plan in place for either re-implementing the removed codex entries and titles or removing them entirely from the codex?

Damion: The codex will get a clean-up pass in the not-too-distant future, and at that time, we'll be either removing the entries that are no longer obtainable or re-enabling some those removed entries if it makes sense to do so.
Hope this helps out, and thanks for your patience!

TheIronMonkey
07.17.2012 , 08:49 AM | #225
I think it might be too little too late for this class of players.

Codex seemed important to collectors, those of use who want to "complete" things. The XP etc was ok, but if you asked most codex chasers we are into it for the goal of hitting 100% on each planet. These very silly bugs have been ignored for soo long it is a logical conclusion to believe that we (code chasers) don't really matter % wise within the game population. I think most code chasers are also PvE players, and the worry seems mostly on fixing PvP for the endgamers.

It used to be that after doing each planet I would spend hours on that planet doing : clear the map, collect resources for crafting while at it and chase lore, datacrons, locations, etc. This would allow me to fill up my codex, level up my crafting and get a sense of "complete" a planet. But I can't think of a single planet I got 100% done (yes on maps, never on codex).

What I still don't understand is why BW doesn't make it a requirement of every programmer to maintain the codex updated. Every time you make a change (remove a title, move an NPC, etc) as part of their worK that programmers should make sure the codex stays updated, or they submit a ticket to the "codex team" to verify it stays updated. If you make it an after thought to "later go fix the codex", it will never get done, because there will always be much pressing priorities. It is like fixing a program and not updating the User Guide. It is attention to detail.

Anyway, the players got tired of waiting and moved on. I myself go get the codex I remember, try still to get most datacrons and don't even report the bugs because we are tired of being ignored. Whats the point? And now you are going to clean it up, ie, remove the ones that got deleted? Great. That should be a major effort right there. If you don't have an intern willing to do it, I might volunteer, I've been out of work for a while.
I don't know if this is a Sith thing, but at the beginning of every game conversation my first thought is "You are so dead"...

MagusRogue
07.24.2012 , 03:32 PM | #226
I would like to second bump this. I just got into the game and a bit of a completionist, so still wanting to see these fixes, and it doesn't look like all of them will be addressed soon. Hoping to see otherwise!

TheIronMonkey
07.25.2012 , 10:57 AM | #227
Somebody started a new thread for this, not sticky yet. Is good if you bump that one since we want a thread that stays updated. The person who started this one hasn't logged in since March, so probably moved on.

Sarah-J
09.13.2012 , 12:33 PM | #228
The "not-to-distant future" sound like it's going to be a long time away (already been 2 months). I'm more interested in the titles, but I am just as interested in getting my lore entries done.
█[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]}]█████████████████████████)

AshlaBoga
09.17.2012 , 04:14 PM | #229
Any updates about "Rakghoul's Bane?"
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Charu
09.21.2012 , 08:24 AM | #230
Quote: Originally Posted by Moitteva View Post
Hey everyone,

We've unstickied this thread because it was not being kept updated by the original poster, but if anyone else would like to update, or create a new thread, just let us know.

Some new information about updating the codexes just came out today in the Community Q&A blog as well:

Hope this helps out, and thanks for your patience!

Its really funny.. i started the game 1 week ago.. thought that now, after enough months most bugs should be corrected. But now, after 1 week of playing, i have to say: the codex-problem is a joke. after reading a few 3rd party sites i can be sure, that im not blind, and many codex entrys are just unavailable. now im not wondering any more, why many ppl told me, that they stopped the game because of to many bugs which never will be fixed. if it starts so massively in the codex-system i dont wanna know what else is awaiting me if i play 1 more week.. or perhaps 2

sry, but where is teh codex clean up? the news are from july. now its september, and i even cant complete any of the first 3 planets. whats after them i cant say sth, cause i wasnt there yet. Im not sure if i should be angry, keep laughing about the incompetence of programmers or crying because such problems are making me really sad.