Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Trauma Debuff?

Wiggenweld
12.29.2011 , 09:01 PM | #1
Whats up with this 30% pvp healing nerf? maybe I've never noticed it before, but today I noticed anytime you get into combat in PVP for the whole fight and 6s after you recieve 30% less healing. Why is this necessary? I'm finding it very difficult to heal myself and anyone else near me when I'm NOT getting stunned and interrupted, let alone when I am (it's impossible.)
I know some people are gonna say L2P and do better, but I'm still new to Healing in PvP and theres not always a crate to LOS behind and heal myself up. (BTW I'm a level 20 Mercenary)

DJPenguin
12.29.2011 , 09:03 PM | #2
healing would be OP otherwise. and depending on your AC you're finding healing to be OP anyway. as a vanguard I'm more harmless than a kitten with it's claws clipped. 10+ seconds of damage negated by 1 heal yippee.
Philadelphia is a PvP server
Hoth Pocket - Tauntaun with Cheese

Occupy Philly

scrynen
12.29.2011 , 09:04 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by DJPenguin View Post
healing would be OP otherwise. and depending on your AC you're finding healing to be OP anyway. as a vanguard I'm more harmless than a kitten with it's claws clipped. 20+ seconds of damage negated by 1 heal yippee.
Yeah, that 6 sec cooldown interrupt you have is terrible against healers

DJPenguin
12.29.2011 , 09:17 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by scrynen View Post
8. 6 if you're tactics specced. and even when i was tactics, it wasn't much better as all it took was a cc/knockback to get a heal off and again negate several attacks worth of damage.
Philadelphia is a PvP server
Hoth Pocket - Tauntaun with Cheese

Occupy Philly

Theskaboss
12.29.2011 , 09:20 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by scrynen View Post
The interrupt only does that spell, not like in wow where you were locked out of a spell school. It's not like healers have more than 1 heal
Quote: Originally Posted by tobiasgb View Post
skipping the awesome story and rushing to the low containt max lvl is like, injecting a lobster dinner, and spermmdonating jessica alba =P

AllAmerican
12.29.2011 , 09:34 PM | #6
I agree. That debuff is unneccessary. Why not down the dmg as well?
CE VIP

Wiggenweld
12.30.2011 , 03:58 AM | #7
Bumping, Because I'd really like to know why this is here, not necessarily from a dev; But maybe someone could give me a decent explanation as to why they really think there needs to be a healing debuff in PvP?

sjwho
12.30.2011 , 04:02 AM | #8
Healing is OP? LOL.

Yeah, outside of low levels healing the only lvl 50 in the room who is also a tank, no.

1 dps should not be able to kill a healer, nuff said.

Easpeak
12.30.2011 , 04:06 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by DJPenguin View Post
healing would be OP otherwise. and depending on your AC you're finding healing to be OP anyway. as a vanguard I'm more harmless than a kitten with it's claws clipped. 10+ seconds of damage negated by 1 heal yippee.
I think you have no idea what it is to heal in this game.
Easpeax
Heff
Neitho
Hieronymous

Zeromentor
12.30.2011 , 04:09 AM | #10
From a Vanguard's point of view, healers are fine.

And that's when they are healing without being interrupted. I've literally held up against 5 people with just one healer. Sure, in the end they got smart and burned him, then killed me, but I took their blows for almost a minute before one got a braincell working.

Plus, a Shield-spec Vanguard's interrupt (Riot Strike) is 4 seconds without any points in it (which isn't in shields). Neural Shock is 2.5 seconds stun with a 45 second cooldown, and Cryo Grenade is 4 seconds with a 1 minute cooldown (which can only be lowered to 50 seconds). That's great because our DPS is junk when trying to kill healers.

So guess what you healers need to do when you find someone like me on you. GUESS.

***STOP HEALING and GET HELP***
Why? Because if it is up to me I'm going Riot Strike, Cryo Grenade, Neural, Riot Strike, trying my hardest to wear you down as you spam the same heal over and over without the thought to fight back or run away.
And you're a healer, stick with your team. You should be healing them, not spamming heals on yourself.
I'm done venting. Sorry.
Ex-SWG player from 2005-2008.
RIP: Zeromentor, level 90 Bounty Hunter
RIP: Zerocyber, level 72 Spy.
Europe-Infinity Server. Now on Kinrath Spider.