Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Fix the Ctrl Key Please

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

gbrecht
12.29.2011 , 07:39 PM | #1
The Ctrl key hinders you from moving, which hampers you a lot in world pvp. If you use Ctrl + (x) as a keybind the second you press control you can no longer input any new movement. I believe this is probably a problem because ctrl 1-5 are default bindings for controlling companions. Before you decide to post and tell me I'm wrong, go in game, hold control, then try to move with wasd or both mouse buttons held down. This is very annoying to me and others I know, I have confirmed this problem with several friends.

If you also find this annoying please submit a bug report in game so it gets some attention.

Slurmez
12.31.2011 , 02:14 AM | #2
yes please, what the hell swtor are doing with the ctrl key is rediculous

gbrecht
12.31.2011 , 04:02 AM | #3
Yep they really need to fix this next patch

Antrican
12.31.2011 , 04:12 AM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings gbrecht,

We are aware that there is an issue with the control key affecting the character's movement. This has been escalated to our dedicated team who is working on resolving this as soon as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience caused in the meantime.

Thank you!

Antrican | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

gbrecht
12.31.2011 , 05:37 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by T3-F5 View Post
Greetings gbrecht,

We are aware that there is an issue with the control key affecting the character's movement. This has been escalated to our dedicated team who is working on resolving this as soon as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience caused in the meantime.

Thank you!
Hooray thanks for that, I'll stop posting these threads.

lord_zed
01.04.2012 , 03:21 PM | #6
today patch and nothing CTRL is still not usable :/
O well still in queue

Maeleena
01.04.2012 , 03:30 PM | #7
CTRL works perfectly fine for me, but I use CTRL on keybinds with my mouse, not with other keyboard keys.

Kraivon
01.09.2012 , 07:31 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Maeleena View Post
CTRL works perfectly fine for me, but I use CTRL on keybinds with my mouse, not with other keyboard keys.
It works for binds but you can't move while holding the ctrl key unless you move with right and left click (which is VERY annoying). All I can do is move backwards while I'm holding ctrl.

Thornfinger
01.09.2012 , 09:35 AM | #9
There is also a problem with shift keys and movement. Hopefully this is included in the fix for Ctrl.

plateaux
01.09.2012 , 06:08 PM | #10
you can double bind your movement keys to ctrl+whatever-you-use. so if you use W to move forward you can set the second move forward bind to Ctrl+W and you will get some movement.

unfortunately this introduces a second problem, in that you will get stuck auto-running in directions a lot of the time, and the only way to stop the 'stuck' running is to press Ctrl+ that direction again.

so the fix is as bad as the original problem.