Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jawa balloon in Tatooine disappeared WHILE riding it!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Jawa balloon in Tatooine disappeared WHILE riding it!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

daison
12.29.2011 , 06:28 PM | #1
After the painstaking (and ridiculous) 30 minute(ish) wait, along with the thrilling PvP massacre at the loading point, the balloon disappeared right out from underneath me, as I was en route to the sandcrawler containing the Datacrons. I was in the vicinity of -2100, -1500 when this occurred. That is within eyesight of the sandcrawler, just so you can truly appreciate my frustration.

Im entirely against anything that requires such a substantial amount of playtime spent doing literally nothing. However, for the sake of completion, I endured it, only to be rewarded with this glitch. Words cannot accurately describe just how unacceptable this is.

Blackstang
12.29.2011 , 06:30 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by daison View Post
After the painstaking (and ridiculous) 30 minute(ish) wait, along with the thrilling PvP massacre at the loading point, the balloon disappeared right out from underneath me, as I was en route to the sandcrawler containing the Datacrons. I was in the vicinity of -2100, -1500 when this occurred. That is within eyesight of the sandcrawler, just so you can truly appreciate my frustration.

Im entirely against anything that requires such a substantial amount of playtime spent doing literally nothing. However, for the sake of completion, I endured it, only to be rewarded with this glitch. Words cannot accurately describe just how unacceptable this is.
Yeah, i'm pretty sure it is optional. You don't have to go through the agony if you don't want to.

daison
12.29.2011 , 06:32 PM | #3
I felt I do, because the bonus is a permanent stat increase. Hard to justify passing that up, other than the experience I just had.

Deathbrood
12.29.2011 , 11:03 PM | #4
This exact same thing just happened to me. Right around the same spot too. I share your frustration with this huge waste of time

Valesti
12.29.2011 , 11:26 PM | #5
Had the exact same issue, in the exact same place is sounds like. Just earlier today.

Sith_Swakke
12.30.2011 , 04:08 AM | #6
me and another player Olira here are currently attempting it and it happened to us too.

very very annoying to say the least!
Sith Assassin [R3] Swakke coming to take you to the Dark Side
Copy this signature if you believe Timothy Zahn should take over the Star Wars EU.

jimdove
12.30.2011 , 04:14 AM | #7
get a nice jedi sage to pull you up

Gadjoo
12.30.2011 , 10:20 AM | #8
Same problem...

Then I wrote a ticket explaining the bug and right before sending it, kaliyo came back from mission: message window closed, ticket erased... not my day

Crohadan
12.30.2011 , 10:21 AM | #9
happened to me and two other bubba's when we hd the cron in site. about noon time yesterday
Militarygamers.com, serving those that came before us, served with us, and will come after us. Find out more at http://www.militarygamers.com
This is protocol droid sw-01 thank your for your bug report, expect no response from us because we really dont care. /ticket_closed

HereticJustice
12.30.2011 , 10:44 AM | #10
Happened to me 2 nights ago. This is quite an annoying bug, and I spent a good portion of it trying to catch up to the balloon and even had a nice sith character who let me force leap to him.