Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

5 Hour Slicing Results

RadjezZ
12.29.2011 , 07:00 PM | #21
Slicing was way to OP and would have ruined the game, they nerfed it. What is wrongly handled about that?

I bet you guys are just pissed you can't exploit it anymore, spended all your overpowered credits before nerf hoping it would still be exploitable as it was because if u didnt, u still would be freakin rich and would not mind they fixed the exploit before it ruined the game

Turando
12.29.2011 , 07:00 PM | #22
While I lolwut at the OP for rage quitting over a single nerf, the respondents need to compare apples with apples.

Slicing is a gathering skill, to compare the leveling costs to a crafting skill such as biochem is just ignorant. A gathering skill is not supposed to accrue the leveling costs at the same rate a gathering skill should.

MorgonKara
12.29.2011 , 07:01 PM | #23
Wait, I don't understand. You made 10000 credits by doing nothing more then sending your companions on gathering missions and you are complaining about it? Sounds like easy credits to me.
Armormech-Armstech-Chemist-Mor-gon-M'orgon-Maxxi
Armormech-Armstech-Biochem-Artifice-Synthweaving-Cybertech
The Craft Legacy ~The Ebon Hawk

SpaghettiMonster
12.29.2011 , 07:02 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by MorgonKara View Post
Wait, I don't understand. You made 10000 credits by doing nothing more then sending your companions on gathering missions and you are complaining about it? Sounds like easy credits to me.
10k in 5 hours is not worth the effort of clicking the buttons.

Pansophist
12.29.2011 , 07:02 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonster View Post
There's no way in hell you made 100k an hour unless you had 8 characters running misisons with 3 companions 24/7.
People like to exaggerate. Something about an internet e-peen? Compensation? Who am I to know.

Just wait until their 50k repair bills start adding up

They are largely still sub-level 30. We'll see.

Kithzyan
12.29.2011 , 07:06 PM | #26
What i'm seeing here boils down to:

Oh noes, I only make 2k/hr by logging in a character every 30 minutes and pressing a handful of buttons, but even though slicing is a -gathering- skill I refuse to actually gather things on it as that would screw up my little world view that slicing is now utterly useless even though, with a little actual -gathering-, it is still one of the biggest money earners in regards to time/effort vs reward.

... and yes, i'm a 400 slicer and while i'm only making a little profit over time from missions I grab every slicing box I see in the world and i'm still making enough credits to keep it instead of getting my 'other' gathering skill for my craftomg profession.

WakeZero
12.29.2011 , 07:06 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by RadjezZ View Post
Slicing was way to OP and would have ruined the game, they nerfed it. What is wrongly handled about that?

I bet you guys are just pissed you can't exploit it anymore, spended all your overpowered credits before nerf hoping it would still be exploitable as it was.
They over nerfed it, and I don't think people should exploit so I'm not "pissed" about that.

Quote: Originally Posted by Turando View Post
While I lolwut at the OP for rage quitting over a single nerf, the respondents need to compare apples with apples.

Slicing is a gathering skill, to compare the leveling costs to a crafting skill such as biochem is just ignorant. A gathering skill is not supposed to accrue the leveling costs at the same rate a gathering skill should.

First off, I'm not rage quitting. I just don't feel the need to continue to pay to be nerfed. I have 22 days of game time left with my free month, and I plan to use it.

Second, I'm simply stating that slicing shouldn't be the only profession that requires to you actually gather in the world to make something. I leveled my Biochem soley from materials gained from Bioanalysis missions.

Draconax
12.29.2011 , 07:08 PM | #28
I am a fellow slicer, and I can certainly agree that slicing was too good in the first iteration. However, it has been nerfed so hard now that I rarely even break even, let alone make money from a profession that gives me nothing besides money. It *needs* to at least provide more than you put into it, otherwise it's just a waste of a profession slot. Have missions *always* provide slightly more than you put in (like 10%), and a chance to crit for a decent return. Blam, its viable, but not providing huge sums to people in a very small timeframe.

MorgonKara
12.29.2011 , 07:10 PM | #29
You can't be serious. It's what, 2 buttons and your companions do the rest? Gimme a break, that's got to be the easiest way to make credits in-game.
Armormech-Armstech-Chemist-Mor-gon-M'orgon-Maxxi
Armormech-Armstech-Biochem-Artifice-Synthweaving-Cybertech
The Craft Legacy ~The Ebon Hawk

aboynamedsue
12.29.2011 , 07:12 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by WakeZero View Post
Edit: I've gone ahead and cancelled my subscription, stating my unhappiness with the slicing nerf. Companies only care about money, so they will only care if I stop giving it to them. You should do the same if you are unhappy with the nerf. If they want to keep touting their 1-2 million player base, they better start treating their players better before everyone's month of free game time is over.

I'm level 400 slicing, and I've been sending out 3 companions for the past 5 hours on slicing missions, hand selecting the best rate of return missions I've found for lockboxes.

I've made a total of 10,000 credits from the endeavor.

What's the point? I can turn in two quests for that kind of return, or grind mobs and sell 10 minutes worth of grey items to get the same amount. I'm not bashing here, just posting cold hard facts from personal work and experience.

My conclusion is that Slicing was nerfed too much, regardless of whether you think it should have been nerfed at all. Worst of all, I was told to choose slicing if I don't want to craft items. Guess I'm forced to craft now. I'll be switching to a new profession soon, because slicing isn't doing anything for me.
I'm about 260/400 in slicing and I have 2 companions. I can only dream of getting the kind of return your able to get. Slicing is crap. Worse yet, gear is still priced as if credits grew on trees.