Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

5 Hour Slicing Results


Chrisbox's Avatar


Chrisbox
12.29.2011 , 06:49 PM | #11
HAHAHAHAHHA You cancelled because of the nerf of an OP crew skill, yea it needs a slight buff at the moment but I still find that hysterical.

RadjezZ's Avatar


RadjezZ
12.29.2011 , 06:51 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by WakeZero View Post
I've gone ahead and cancelled my subscription, stating my unhappiness with the slicing nerf. Companies only care about money, so they will only care if I stop giving it to them. You should do the same if you are unhappy with the nerf. If they want to keep touting their 1-2 million player base, they better start treating their players better before everyone's month of free game time is over.
***? you cancel your sub because u cannot make out of proportion loads of money any more with slincing and then u say companies only care about money?

aren't u the same then? or even worse as this is a ingame

Pansophist's Avatar


Pansophist
12.29.2011 , 06:51 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Chrisbox View Post
HAHAHAHAHHA You cancelled because of the nerf of an OP crew skill, yea it needs a slight buff at the moment but I still find that hysterical.
Quote: Originally Posted by RadjezZ View Post
***? you cancel your sub because u cannot make out of proportion loads of money any more with slincing and then u say companies only care about money?

aren't u the same then? or even worse as this is a ingame
You missed the point entirely.

They made a rash decision in response to a public relations mess with players complaining about a skill a week after release. These players weren't even 50 yet, the economy was nowhere near stable, but the first thing they did was nerf it.

Then, you have threads with 200k+ views, but not one response to the issue. Not one. They even did an AMA on Reddit, where the question was asked REPEATEDLY, and still it was ignored.

I dislike being treated like that. What exactly do you think will happen everytime a group of people start complaining? Oh no, snipers are doing too much damage in bg's *nerf*. UWT is making too much money *nerf*. Instead of actually FIXING issues, the response will be to knee-jerk react and nerf it.

Until I see that changed, I cancelled also. I will re-sub once their reactions have been addressed.

The nerf itself is not the issue. How they are handling the situation is the issue.

WakeZero's Avatar


WakeZero
12.29.2011 , 06:53 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Pansophist View Post
You missed the point entirely.

They made a rash decision in response to a public relations mess with players complaining about a skill a week after release. These players weren't even 50 yet, the economy was nowhere near stable, but the first thing they did was nerf it.

Then, you have threads with 200k+ views, but not one response to the issue. Not one. They even did an AMA on Reddit, where the question was asked REPEATEDLY, and still it was ignored.

I dislike being treated like that.
This.

Svisto's Avatar


Svisto
12.29.2011 , 06:54 PM | #15
Dude, you're wacked to think it didn't need a nerf. I was making 100k credits an hour LOL...Glad I made my 4 million credits while it was OP...

RadjezZ's Avatar


RadjezZ
12.29.2011 , 06:55 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Svisto View Post
Dude, you're wacked to think it didn't need a nerf. I was making 100k credits an hour LOL...Glad I made my 4 million credits while it was OP...
This.

WakeZero's Avatar


WakeZero
12.29.2011 , 06:55 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Svisto View Post
Dude, you're wacked to think it didn't need a nerf. I was making 100k credits an hour LOL...Glad I made my 4 million credits while it was OP...
I am not saying whether it needed a nerf or not. I am just stating that it was over nerfed, and that it was done poorly.

Pansophist's Avatar


Pansophist
12.29.2011 , 06:56 PM | #18
The level of comprehension on these forums make me weep for the future of MMO gaming. The advent of forum-game integration was horrible.

Twor's Avatar


Twor
12.29.2011 , 06:57 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Chrisbox View Post
HAHAHAHAHHA You cancelled because of the nerf of an OP crew skill, yea it needs a slight buff at the moment but I still find that hysterical.
Its probably not the nerf but how it was done. It was known since beta what slicing did, hitting a skill that hard after such a short time does not bode well for any kind of balancing that is always required in an MMO.

Not even seeing a single line from a BW representive after several thousand posts scattered in several topics is the thing that upsets me the most in that regard though. Like "We are currently montitoring the numbers of slicing and finetuning them, thanks for the feedback" (the spreadsheets a lot of people did, kudos to them!).
Yes, that would be an empty line but it would be SOMETHING of a feedback atleast.

Not just closing threads because they are full

*edit* pansophist typed the same thing I did, guess he's a faster typer

SpaghettiMonster's Avatar


SpaghettiMonster
12.29.2011 , 06:58 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Svisto View Post
Dude, you're wacked to think it didn't need a nerf. I was making 100k credits an hour LOL...Glad I made my 4 million credits while it was OP...
There's no way in hell you made 100k an hour unless you had 8 characters running misisons with 3 companions 24/7.