Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Party/Guild chat not visible

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Xaryell
12.29.2011 , 05:19 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi all,

Thank you for providing your information, as it is valuable to our investigation of this issue. Please continue to answer the following questions if you experience this issue:

Quote: Originally Posted by D5-T1 View Post
Hello DarthCnox,

In order to proceed with our investigation please provide an answer to the following questions:
  1. Which server do you play on?
  2. Please provide the name of at least one character. Do you experience this with all your characters?
  3. Were you able to talk via guild/party prior to this happening to you?
  4. Please give a rough timeframe when this bug first appeared.
  5. Did you try leaving and rejoining the guild?
  6. Can guild/party members see what you type to them?
  7. Can you please verify that you have these chats selected in the chat tab you are looking at?
    In order to do so, please right click on the tab, choose chat settings and select these chat channels.
Thank you very much for your assistance.
Our development team is actively investigating this and your data will be able to help us resolve this issue sooner. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thanks again for your patience.

Xaryell | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Crohadan
12.29.2011 , 05:23 PM | #2
look for the 101 page+ thread about the issue. my information is in there,wait i better link it...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=41855

and you closed it to open up this one...thats brilliant....

my patience with your csr and your in game response has worn away. your departments concerted effort to close any and all tickets with the same bs cut and paste message is beyond bad CS. terry tate thinks your CS is bad....

Which server do you play on?

SHEIN

Please provide the name of at least one character. Do you experience this with all your characters?

Cacti and sarcasm

Were you able to talk via guild/party prior to this happening to you?

yes, off and on, again i have had open tickets on this since dec 15th

Please give a rough timeframe when this bug first appeared.

off and on since EGA, perhaps if you would have payed attention to my tickets you would have seen the issue.

Did you try leaving and rejoining the guild?

yeah right, I'm the gm.....no i haven't dropped my own guild...

Can guild/party members see what you type to them?

no
Can you please verify that you have these chats selected in the chat tab you are looking at?

yes i have even disconnected from the chat servers and reconnected, still no dice. will try a repair of my install now, which of course didnt fix anything
Militarygamers.com, serving those that came before us, served with us, and will come after us. Find out more at http://www.militarygamers.com
This is protocol droid sw-01 thank your for your bug report, expect no response from us because we really dont care. /ticket_closed

Veldraine
12.29.2011 , 05:28 PM | #3
The Harbinger

Please provide the name of at least one character. Do you experience this with all your characters?
Veldrane. All characters on that server experience the same problem. The problem only occurs with guild chat. Other chat channels function properly.

Yes. All chat channels functioned correctly prior to this bug.

December 21.

Yes. Leaving and rejoining the guild restored guild chat functionality until the next time I logged in, at which time the bug was present again. We also tried having the guild master change my rank back and forth with the same result. We also tried having the guild master change my chat priveleges back and forth with the same result.

No.

Can you please verify that you have these chats selected in the chat tab you are looking at?
Yes. The settings are correct. I tried turning off the chat channels, applying the settings, turning the chat channels back on, and reapplying the settings, with no change.

BonkersUK
12.29.2011 , 05:30 PM | #4
Which server do you play on? Kai Kan

Please provide the name of at least one character. Do you experience this with all your characters? Only Archiba

Were you able to talk via guild/party prior to this happening to you? No.

Please give a rough timeframe when this bug first appeared. Was able to see in my first party.. then no more.

Did you try leaving and rejoining the guild? No.

Can guild/party members see what you type to them? No.

Can you please verify that you have these chats selected in the chat tab you are looking at? Yes.

CtrlFrk
12.29.2011 , 05:32 PM | #5
Just got hit with this tonight after having no problems communicating via guild chat previously.

Server: Vrook something
Char: Hann'social

I have turned guild chat on and off in the chat window (it is a new one I created for non general chat) to no avail

If the guild leader gets on later I will leave/rejoin, but can't before that.

hikutsukyou
12.29.2011 , 05:32 PM | #6
SHIEN
Abbat
I was able to talk just fine till yesterday. I blame the update.
Stated Above
I'm not going to quit my guild cause you guys broke chat
None of them seem to be able to see anything
First thing I did

Sareini
12.29.2011 , 05:35 PM | #7
Which server do you play on? - The Ebon Hawk
Please provide the name of at least one character. Do you experience this with all your characters? - Ianis, and so far this has happened on both characters I have.
Were you able to talk via guild/party prior to this happening to you? - Yes
Please give a rough timeframe when this bug first appeared. - The first time this occurred was two-three days ago, when a single relog fixed it. It has happened again today and multiple relogs have not fixed the problem
Did you try leaving and rejoining the guild? - This has happened to me more with Party chat than Guild chat; I have repeatedly left the party and rejoined it and it has not fixed the issue.
Can guild/party members see what you type to them? - As far as I am aware, yes (since they seem unable to communicate with me other than through emotes now)
Can you please verify that you have these chats selected in the chat tab you are looking at? - Yes, each time this has happened I have unchecked and then checked again the Party and Guild chats in the chat tap preferences to make sure this was not the issue. It wasn't.

tgodahn
12.29.2011 , 05:36 PM | #8
Which server do you play on? Belgoth's Beacon

Please provide the name of at least one character. Do you experience this with all your characters?Fryx(GM), Aidyn

Were you able to talk via guild/party prior to this happening to you?Yep

Please give a rough timeframe when this bug first appeared. Around the 20th

Did you try leaving and rejoining the guild? Yes with Aidyn, Have left twice. The first time it fixed the guild chat issue, but it returned. Just left guild again today and when I got back in I have guild chat.

Can guild/party members see what you type to them?No one can see anything I type except through whispers when the bug is occurring.

In order to do so, please right click on the tab, choose chat settings and select these chat channels
That is the first thing I did when everyone asked why I was ignoring them.

ZealotOnAStick
12.29.2011 , 05:40 PM | #9
1) Mind Trick

2) Tenebra - have also experienced this on Ka'lina. Have only checked on those two chars.

3) Yes. Guild chat was working up until approximately 12:45 CDT today 12/29/11. I noticed issues with Party chat not working on Tenebra last night, but it had worked properly previously to that.

4) 9ish PM Central last night for party, ~!2:45 PM CDT today for Guild.

5) Yes, that did seem to fix it on Tenebra at least.

6) Not authoritative on this, but it appears not.

7) Oh yes. I tried everything in-game I could think of. They're definitely set to display on the chat tab settings.

burnsyy
12.29.2011 , 05:43 PM | #10
ok i seem to of found an unhealthy fix:

and this has been confrimed to work by 5 members in my guild

FIX: WARNING USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Spoiler

if you dont beleave me u can pm me in game Redline-Nightmare lands
and i will give you the names of those players who tryed it

this seems to fix it right away i have no clue why it works or how but it does
so please be careful

Light Knights Gaming Community
| PvE Server | EU | Social |