Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Focus on what attributes? Sage/Seer

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Focus on what attributes? Sage/Seer

Daeso
12.29.2011 , 05:07 PM | #1
So, I have been playing the same way since level 1 and haven't really thought anything about it until now. Now being higher level and doing harder flashpoints I am noticing my Force seems to disappear much quicker.

I am focusing on Willpower and Power.

What else should be be focusing on because these flashpoints are getting much more difficult.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Daeso Port Nowhere PVP US East
Jedi Consular / Sage / Seer
CE-VIP & Proud of It

Dubblebass
12.29.2011 , 05:32 PM | #2
Willpower and endurance are the basic stats to focus on. Power is a stat to focus on later along with alacrity. Make sure you put those 5 points into TK for the 100 points of force and the discounted cost of heals and force powers.

Daeso
12.29.2011 , 05:35 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Dubblebass View Post
Willpower and endurance are the basic stats to focus on. Power is a stat to focus on later along with alacrity. Make sure you put those 5 points into TK for the 100 points of force and the discounted cost of heals and force powers.
Thanks, I was wondering if I was going to get some feedback.

Although I am sure this was posted before but since there is no search option..... yeaaaaaah.
Daeso Port Nowhere PVP US East
Jedi Consular / Sage / Seer
CE-VIP & Proud of It

Lugh
12.29.2011 , 07:25 PM | #4
If you also wish to DPS/HEAL more effectively you should get some crit/surge in with your power...
Only two things are infinite The Universe and Human stupidity and I am not so sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
Aka --Alia Ajunta Pall

Burana
12.30.2011 , 08:31 AM | #5
The focus on willpower and force is correct, and +critical will benefit as well. Though raw Force power will be more useful at higher levels, at lower levels the additional heal is just so little.

Make sure to get 5 points in telekinetics tree in the beginning... I don't know what Bioware was thinking, but that's where healing sage will benefit a lot: Put points to Mental longivity (+100 force!) and Inner strength. It will give you more force and less cost of spell.

Unfortunately, most of the groups will come with WoW mentality of storming low level dungeons and pulling everyone and everything and then blaming the healer. CC spells are important, and group cooperation is necessary, otherwise we sages are out of force in no time.

For more I recommend this thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...php?t=638#Seer

porfinicle
03.13.2012 , 08:45 PM | #6
Enhancements I get from quest rewards and other gear have...

higher endurance rating with lower stat such as defense (Good for Shadow right?)

or

Lower endurance stat with high stat such as crit.

For a Seer Sage does the crit, or surge/power replace endurance as a secondary stat? Do I go with the lower endurance rating to get the crit or surge/power stat instead of the defense stat?

SoonerJBD
03.14.2012 , 12:32 AM | #7
For a healer, you want Willpower first, then power because it increases the strength of all your heals. You want at least a little alacrity to get better cast times. Crit and surge are OK. Crit heals are nice, but being able to consistently heal higher numbers with power is your best option.

Lyondenn
03.15.2012 , 01:57 PM | #8
Willpower and Endurance in that order are a must, but that's a given for all Consulars. Crit is then the priority for the Seer. Then after that I personally go for alacrity to boost my Deliverance speed, but I've heard others say otherwise. Up to you after Crit I guess.

You said you were having issues maintaining force? Around level 36 you shouldn't have that problem. If you spec all your points properly into Seer thus far, you should have spent 27 points allowing you to have both points of Resplendence. If you don't have both points in Resplendence yet, respec.

If you are planning on healing your way to 50 from here on out you need this talent. It will turn you into a Force Battery.

I personally did not add points to other trees until i got Salvation in the Seer tree. Inner Strength is tempting at first, but wait till you spend 31 in Seer.
"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
- Zapp Brannigan
Survivor of 09/29/11 {Never Forget}

Ilayas
03.15.2012 , 02:25 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by SoonerJBD View Post
For a healer, you want Willpower first, then power because it increases the strength of all your heals. You want at least a little alacrity to get better cast times. Crit and surge are OK. Crit heals are nice, but being able to consistently heal higher numbers with power is your best option.
What you are saying about the draw backs of crit is very true until you get Salvation (the 41 tp at the end of the seer tree). Then Crit becomes important as a way to regenerate force. The good news is that Willpower contributes to your crit chance on heals so regardless what level you are that should be your most important stat. How much crit chance you need will really depend on how often you run out of force but 25% chance to crit was enough for me to keep my force bar up when I was starting out. 30% is some what of a soft cap. It's not that you won't benefit from a crit chance over 30% so much as it takes so much crit to get over 30% that those stat points would be better spent in to willpower, power/force power or Alacrity.

But until you get Salvation, Willpower and power/force power should be your focus and make sure you get inner strength and Mental Longevity (on the first level of the Telekinetics tree). At level 40 you can respect and put all your points in the Seer tree and get Salvation if you want. If you only re-spec once a week I think it's free.
◚◚◚◚◚◚ịịịịị▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Imperial Entanglements: A SWTOR Parody Web Comic

Onager
03.15.2012 , 05:56 PM | #10
The above poster is thinking about Resplendence rather than Salvation. Yeah, Salvation is great, but Resplendence is what allows you to get free Noble Sacrifices.
[Emyr - Sage]+[Kack - Guardian] [Guildmaster - <Wight Trash>] [Drooga's Pleasure Barge]
PVE Healing guides! [Sage] [Sorcerer]