Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

You Can't Change Your Advanced Class!?!?!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
You Can't Change Your Advanced Class!?!?!

HossDelgado
12.29.2011 , 04:33 PM | #1
I've been playing the Imperial Agent for a few days now. At level 10, after much consideration, I decided to go operative over sniper because it seemed like a cool class that snuck around and then stabbed people. However, after awhile I decided that operative was much too slow and had pitiful damage output, so I just thought to myself "well I tried out operative and didn't like it, I should probably go sniper". That's when I found out that YOU CAN NEVER CHANGE YOUR ADVANCED CLASS. Why wouldn't Bioware let players change their advanced class. At this point I was level 18 and if I wanted to go sniper I would have to repeat about 3 days of work. I have loved this game so far, but this is the first major issue that I have run into. I hate myself for saying this, but WoW did it better.

Conundrum-NSA
12.29.2011 , 04:34 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by HossDelgado View Post
I've been playing the Imperial Agent for a few days now. At level 10, after much consideration, I decided to go operative over sniper because it seemed like a cool class that snuck around and then stabbed people. However, after awhile I decided that operative was much too slow and had pitiful damage output, so I just thought to myself "well I tried out operative and didn't like it, I should probably go sniper". That's when I found out that YOU CAN NEVER CHANGE YOUR ADVANCED CLASS. Why wouldn't Bioware let players change their advanced class. At this point I was level 18 and if I wanted to go sniper I would have to repeat about 3 days of work. I have loved this game so far, but this is the first major issue that I have run into. I hate myself for saying this, but WoW did it better.
I would have thought you would have found it out when you select your advanced class and the game tells you you can't change it.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn."
Ord Mantell Squadron 01

Hiramas
12.29.2011 , 04:36 PM | #3
Ac is your class.
You NEVER EVER IN ANY MMO can change from Mage to Rogue.
Deal with it.
Bioware told you 10 times over (I just put a char above ten yesterday) that AC is permanent and CAN'T BE CHANGED.
Roll a new char, it takes about 5 or 6 hours. Less if you skip the conversations you already know now.
Republic Jedi Guardian - former RP-PVP Jen'Jidal
Can you please give us Server Transfers, so I can get back to a RP Server? Thanks.

VanorDM
12.29.2011 , 04:36 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by HossDelgado View Post
I hate myself for saying this, but WoW did it better.
Really?

Wow let you change from a lvl 18 warrior to a lvl 18 paladin?

Pretty sure you couldn't do that in WoW, so I'm not sure why you'd make a statement like this, because that's what you are asking to do.

Qoojo
12.29.2011 , 04:37 PM | #5
That's why I say that they should change it so that people pick their class at level 1, even if the first 9 levels have the same skills. Then this sort of thing would not be an issue. EQ2 had this sort of leveling system at release, and it was eventually changed.

This post is Wookie approved and
IEEE 9000 Ewok tested

ibrac
12.29.2011 , 04:37 PM | #6
Does WOW allow you to change from Hunter to Warlock? Both classes have pets, so why not?

Think of each specialization as its own class, with three unique talent tree's. It just so happens those two "classes" share some talents, but they are totally seperate. In that light SWTOR has eight "classes" not four because of the specialization.

SnoggyMack
12.29.2011 , 04:39 PM | #7
This value added feature is one of the game's best kept secrets. They never tell you about it at all. They just let you find out on your own and force you to roll alts.

Or not. They may, and this unsubstantiated rumor, but they may actually make this super duper clear by explicitly explaining it the moment you take the quest before you go visit the trainer. And then let you know after you make the choice. But that's all just nasty rumor. Grain of salt and all that.
Snoggy Mack
My Blog
My quote: "All the other kids with the pumped up Sith, you better run, better run, faster than my blaster"

Leggomy
12.29.2011 , 04:40 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Hiramas View Post
Ac is your class.
You NEVER EVER IN ANY MMO can change from Mage to Rogue.
Deal with it.
Bioware told you 10 times over (I just put a char above ten yesterday) that AC is permanent and CAN'T BE CHANGED.
Roll a new char, it takes about 5 or 6 hours. Less if you skip the conversations you already know now.
In Ultima Online you can be a sword wielding plate armor person and if you wish turn into a robe wearing nox mage.

dekey
12.29.2011 , 04:40 PM | #9
I like the part where the OP used "much consideration" then made a decision they regretted.

Also: Nope.
The Ishiko Legacy

Gokkus
12.29.2011 , 04:41 PM | #10
Even if you were unable to read, the NPC actually tells you to think about it since it is final...
Is there anything anywhere that suggests you could change your AC or any reason to assume you could?
Jolee: I did it all for the Wookiees.
Revan: The Wookiees?
Jolee: The Wookiees!