Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Disappointment of a Game, READ FAST

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Disappointment of a Game, READ FAST

Revanx's Avatar


Revanx
12.29.2011 , 04:10 PM | #21
Jesus Crist..
if they deleted your post it's because

a) useless wall of text
b) crap of qq
c) nobody care we love the game.

**** to wow.
thank u.

SeloDaoC's Avatar


SeloDaoC
12.29.2011 , 04:11 PM | #22
Instead of paying for DLC your paying for a subscription. The game is a single player game online, subscriptions makes them get more money then DLC without having to add new content

Julsnet's Avatar


Julsnet
12.29.2011 , 04:12 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by SeloDaoC View Post
Instead of paying for DLC your paying for a subscription. The game is a single player game online, subscriptions makes them get more money then DLC without having to add new content
exactly, thats exactly what bioware did, they wanted to make a new kotor because it was popular. but wait, whats the best way to maximize profits? make it an mmo! people love it, so of course they will get it. the truth is OUT
Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever. Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short while... That is up to you

Guildrum's Avatar


Guildrum
12.29.2011 , 04:13 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by spicycookie View Post
It's only been 9 fricking days... WOW

lol
Ever since the invention of the microwave, the human attention span has been further and further reduced and shrunken.

Until now... :P

Xzulld's Avatar


Xzulld
12.29.2011 , 04:13 PM | #25
I will not see you panda side bud.

I will continue to play this game, and my friends who have tried it so far agree its awesome. The censorship/moderation in these forums is troubling however.

Personally I think allowing individuals the opportunity to express themselves freely FAR outweighs any other considerations short of a dangerous, yelling fire in crowed theater, types of expression.

SnoggyMack's Avatar


SnoggyMack
12.29.2011 , 04:14 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Julsnet View Post
[B]I waited for this game for a long time.
I believe a song quote is in order: "Control yourself. Take only what you need from it."
Snoggy Mack
My Blog
My quote: "All the other kids with the pumped up Sith, you better run, better run, faster than my blaster"

Julsnet's Avatar


Julsnet
12.29.2011 , 04:15 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Xzulld View Post
I will not see you panda side bud.

I will continue to play this game, and my friends who have tried it so far agree its awesome. The censorship/moderation in these forums is troubling however.

Personally I think allowing individuals the opportunity to express themselves freely FAR outweighs any other considerations short of a dangerous, yelling fire in crowed theater, types of expression.
EXACTLY. any post thats negative about the game gets locked for no reason. they know people are unsubbing, and they want to make sure no one else does so they are locking all negative threads
Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever. Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short while... That is up to you

JoeMoustache's Avatar


JoeMoustache
12.29.2011 , 04:15 PM | #28
Quite a bit of venting and subjective nonsense in this post, "PvP cannot be fixed..." and "this game is already dying."

I disagree - didn't think I would be enjoying SWTOR as much as I do.

Swirly's Avatar


Swirly
12.29.2011 , 04:17 PM | #29
I have to agree with most of what the OP says and I wanted this game to be good so maybe that's why I'm so bitter, because it's not, for me.

The absolute most three things that bother me are:
1)Poor UI, a scale would have kept this from being a problem, FOR ME.

2)Instances, why can't everyone just be in a city like normal? Why does the already small population have to be divided up guild wars style. Kaas City 1/2/3/4 ***? How about Kaas City 1, for everyone!

3)The final blow is how small the zones are. We are PLANET hopping, why for the love is everything the size of a small town. Where is the vast wide open spaces ripe waiting for exploration? When I think Star Wars I think epic journey with tons of places to explore and instead I get Dragon Age 2 corridor zones. Why?

Those are my three problems and they won't be fixed except maybe the UI scale. I just gave feedback on how the game could improve in some aspects. If War can have phase tech added to both new and old zones then I don't see why SW can't have zones made bigger and actual feel like a big open planet with tons of things to do.

Julsnet's Avatar


Julsnet
12.29.2011 , 04:20 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Swirly View Post
I have to agree with most of what the OP says and I wanted this game to be good so maybe that's why I'm so bitter, because it's not, for me.

The absolute most three things that bother me are:
1)Poor UI, a scale would have kept this from being a problem, FOR ME.

2)Instances, why can't everyone just be in a city like normal? Why does the already small population have to be divided up guild wars style. Kaas City 1/2/3/4 ***? How about Kaas City 1, for everyone!

3)The final blow is how small the zones are. We are PLANET hopping, why for the love is everything the size of a small town. Where is the vast wide open spaces ripe waiting for exploration? When I think Star Wars I think epic journey with tons of places to explore and instead I get Dragon Age 2 corridor zones. Why?

Those are my three problems and they won't be fixed except maybe the UI scale. I just gave feedback on how the game could improve in some aspects. If War can have phase tech added to both new and old zones then I don't see why SW can't have zones made bigger and actual feel like a big open planet with tons of things to do.

dude, i totally forgot to put your 2nd reason in my post! thanks for reminding me!!!
Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever. Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short while... That is up to you