Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darth Baras (spoiler)

Kabaal
12.29.2011 , 03:24 PM | #1
How in the hell do i kill this guy? I've went as both DPS and tank specs plus taken partial and full groups to him yet we all get one shot every single time.

It's a solo class quest yet he hits for 15,600 damage?

I have to be missing something, any ideas?

Noth
12.29.2011 , 03:25 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Kabaal View Post
How in the hell do i kill this guy? I've went as both DPS and tank secs plus taken partial and full groups to him yet we all get one shot every single time.

Use your interrupts. Be tank spec with Quinn, constantly back pedal. Stay out of AoEs.
╼S T D╾
◈Get Infected◈
Sith Empire│PVP│PST
STD Guild HQRecruitment ThreadGuild Site

Lord_Itharius
12.29.2011 , 11:12 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Kabaal View Post
How in the hell do i kill this guy? I've went as both DPS and tank specs plus taken partial and full groups to him yet we all get one shot every single time.

Ouch, he hits for that much? That cast was at least 8 seconds long, so I figured I had to interrupt it. Good thing I did, lol.

Remember, he can be knocked back, interrupted, AND force choked to interrupt the cast. Good times :-)

Also, don't stand in the thing he puts on the ground. It'll look like a red aura.

I solo one-shot him in blue gear as Vengeance spec with a good 50% health left. Just interrupt, move out of aoe, and use Call of the Force + saber ward if things get hairy. Also, use a medkit. You got this far, TBH a lot of the earlier bosses were harder, like the guy in Baras's lair a quest back.
"can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out." - battlebug

clarityyy
12.30.2011 , 03:55 AM | #4
One shot him at level 47.

Interrupt 'voice of the emperor' or whatever it's called, save your hard interrupt for that and use your stun and force choke whenever available.

I did it as immortal.

Mitsch
12.30.2011 , 04:41 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by clarityyy View Post
One shot him at level 47.
How the hell did you defeat Lord Kraagh on level 47?
I played as an Immortal and had still a rough time defeating him on 50 with a few PvP Items after he annihilated me on 47.

Baras was incredibly easy with Jaesa. Just interrupt, use your CC, constantly push and charge and you won't even need defensive cooldowns.

But Lord Kraagh on Level 47? A CC immune guy who tears your companions apart after 20 secs? Seriously?

Tomidius
12.30.2011 , 08:18 AM | #6
I walked through Loord Draagh as well at 47-48 with Malvai without thinking anything of it..

I hit 50 and now have the quest to use my ships holo.. to go get Baras I hope..

Acid_Wolf
12.30.2011 , 01:35 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Mitsch View Post
How the hell did you defeat Lord Kraagh on level 47?
I played as an Immortal and had still a rough time defeating him on 50 with a few PvP Items after he annihilated me on 47.

Baras was incredibly easy with Jaesa. Just interrupt, use your CC, constantly push and charge and you won't even need defensive cooldowns.

But Lord Kraagh on Level 47? A CC immune guy who tears your companions apart after 20 secs? Seriously?
Pick up aggro on him and kite him around quinn while strafing and hitting him with force scream and a few quick hits. thats how i beat Lord Kraagh

EvilFD
01.01.2012 , 12:05 AM | #8
Honestly I dunno how you guys had such an easy time with this. Lord Draagh (or whatever) I one shotted, but for the life of me i can't get past Baras. I've been staying out of his AOE, interrupting his "voice of the emperor" and still I'm getting rocked. He knocks me down about every two seconds and seeing as how my CC breaking ability has a decent cooldown, after the first one he just pounds me on the ground over and over.

beardchef
01.03.2012 , 10:16 AM | #9
I beat him with Vengeance at level 49 and Quinn in level 25ish gear.

-Interrupt only at the very end of Voice of the Emperor cast -- gives Quinn time to heal you back up

-DPS Relic cooldowns -- pop them during the beginning or just prior to the Voice of the Emperor cast, While he is casting, there is no risk to wasting the relic cooldowns from Baras knocking you down. Make sure you have your full rotation soon-to-be available, Impale, Force Scream, Vengeance etc. Maybe not all cooldowns are off, but you should get every hit in maximally.

-Medic stim pack, strength stim pack

-Place your back against the wall, place quinn at the entrance, kite on the back wall but make sure never to LOS Quinn. Make sure Quinn never paths and gets in AOE, keep the AOE away from Quinn or he will heal himself.

-Focus on your rotation. This fight can cause anxiety with all the stuns, but if you're disciplined with your rotation, you'll do significantly more DPS.

-Pop defensive cooldowns after Voice of the Emperor cast. All Baras' cooldowns are finished and his abilities are up, so if you pop your defensive cooldowns after his cast, you'll get the maximal mitigation benefit.

-Save [Endure Pain] at the very end! A lot of people pop it in the middle of the fight which is useless. It was called [Last Stand] in another MMO!

-Don't kite him without hitting him. You can't afford to slow your DPS in this fight.

Soonerjohn
01.03.2012 , 11:17 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by EvilFD View Post
Honestly I dunno how you guys had such an easy time with this. Lord Draagh (or whatever) I one shotted, but for the life of me i can't get past Baras. I've been staying out of his AOE, interrupting his "voice of the emperor" and still I'm getting rocked. He knocks me down about every two seconds and seeing as how my CC breaking ability has a decent cooldown, after the first one he just pounds me on the ground over and over.
lol, I was just the opposite. Draagh gave me a bit of trouble, but I one shot Baras, well 2 shot him I guess since you fight him twice.
Zin - Bounty Hunter of Vulkar Highway(╯)╯︵ ┻━┻