Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP Deception vs. PvP Madness

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
PvP Deception vs. PvP Madness

Cowflab
04.08.2012 , 11:06 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by warstory View Post
I have played both and because of the short range of deceptions abilities be prepared to live out of cloak. You are not much help to your group outside of dps on priority targets which can be nice cause your will be getting A ton of killing blows. Madness has a ton of utility to help the group and your attacks can start from 30m. So not only do u have a nice range opener but you get stronger as the fight goes on because of your dots stacking on top of your deathmarks plus your thrash.
This, plus parasitism and the 2 pc. Force Master set bonus adding up to 2.5% health per DoT Crit really sets madness apart from deception. With the teir 1 Crit talent and improved lightning charge I run around with about 41-42% Crit while engaged so the healing really adds up after awhile. I used to be a big supporter of deception but after somewhat mastering madness I don't think ill ever spec deception again until the spec is reworked.

toshman
04.08.2012 , 05:26 PM | #22
i think that is the problem with most assn they are stubborn and believe that madness is not a good spec for some reason.

but really they tried it a few times and didn't really master the rotation.

i only play 3 specs - full darkness, darkness/hybrid, madness.

Sengar
04.08.2012 , 05:55 PM | #23
Just fyi, against a GOOD healer you won't keep your dots on them. You get a dot for each global cooldown....they can cleanse 2 dots per cure, and the cure is off the global cooldown.

I found as madness it was best if you fought right in the middle of a big pack of folks. Run along the periphery of the brawl, cutting through the corners. Don't specifically focus on any particular person, but instead hit each person 2-3 times to dot, and then move on. Best if they don't think someone is directly targeting them (which often devolves into a 1v1 duelr right in the middle of the brawl). You'll do massive damage to their side, and make it difficult for their healers to understand who's getting focus fired.

deags
04.09.2012 , 06:40 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by toshman View Post
i think that is the problem with most assn they are stubborn and believe that madness is not a good spec for some reason.

but really they tried it a few times and didn't really master the rotation.

i only play 3 specs - full darkness, darkness/hybrid, madness.
Nah they are probably like me and actually want to melee, i rolled an assassin for primarily melee combat with a side of force attacks not the other way around so i will never roll madness, I'm indeed stubborn but not because i think madness is bad i just don't care for it
Vors, sith assassin of Guild Grievance
www.grievanceguild.com

jbuschell
04.09.2012 , 07:06 AM | #25
Balance shadow here, out of the 3 characters I play regularly (scrapper scoundrel, balance shadow and watchman sentinel) I can say that its my balance shadow is my toon that performes the best, my other toons can hit close to the same Dmg amounts but the 25k prot points and the healing usually pulls it into my shadows favor though my sent and scoundrel do usually eclipse 75k heals.

Regardless balance/madness is a very awesome spec and will have noobs crying about darkness/kinetic combat because when they get roflpwned by a shadow/sin they assume it was by a tank spec shadow/sin
E-Thuggin since 1987

otterscrubber
04.09.2012 , 01:16 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by deags View Post
Nah they are probably like me and actually want to melee, i rolled an assassin for primarily melee combat with a side of force attacks not the other way around so i will never roll madness, I'm indeed stubborn but not because i think madness is bad i just don't care for it
I feel similarly, but oppositely I wanted to do melee, but I also wanted to blast with lightning and do need Sith-ey things. I like the play style. I played deception, and it rocked, but just decided it wasn't my style. Madness is a blast for me, and often for my foes. Shocking them with purple arcing death just never, ever gets old for me. Only way it could get better is if we could choke. But I guess you can't have everything.
This internet could be a nicer place, let's start here.
Whatever you read in my posts, I actually really like SWTOR

-Vox
04.09.2012 , 02:58 PM | #27
Maddness > Deception

Maddness has comparable bursts for single targets.

Your DPS will grow thick like chea pet for AOE dmg.

Deception will get swallowed alive in a group fight, bc they cannot effectively AOE.

Maddness you can KITE and heal a considerable amount...very comparable to the self healing of Darkness. You have to have the 1st set bonus were Crushing Darkness heals you...and then just wait for one of your DOTs to crit. and they WILL crit.

To that person that uses Dark Ward and a Shield Generator for a Maddness spec...i feel sorry for you...lol you should stop that immediately.

If anything, just pop into the tank stance if you have the ball in Huttball. If you have healers and BM gear, u will be OK, esp if in scoring range.

Heres the thing about NOT having Force Pull....the Creeping Terror will root someone on a firepit. Remember that Resolve currently is not affected by someone's resolve. Not sure if this is changing in 1.2...but i cannot tell you how nice I can fry some noob that thinks hes going to fly right by a Fire Pit bc he has full Resolve LOL.

Being on a much lower CD then Force Pull, i could almost make a case that its more effective to trap-kill someone in Huttball. Key word being: "almost"

Ch_Zero
04.10.2012 , 01:55 PM | #28
Darkness > Deception > Madness

for PVP
Warzone trolls, scoreboard heroes, and ignorant believers.
these people have names.
I suppose you deserve one. Congratulations!

mrHaterade
04.10.2012 , 05:21 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Ch_Zero View Post
Darkness > Deception > Madness
for PVP
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA <cough/> No.

Darkeness == Deception == Madness
Player1 != Player2 != Player3

RicoFrost
04.10.2012 , 10:44 PM | #30
Hmmm madness is really that good? I'll have to give it a try, I do like the play style of deception much better the darkness but i haven't tried madness on my assassin.
Intel i7 2700K (@4.8Ghz) - 8GB Corsair - Windows 8.1-64Bit - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H - Corsair Force 3 SSD 128GB
Gigabyte GTX780 OC - Benq 120hz LED Monitor

My Custom UI - http://www.swtorui.com/downloads/info81-XpellUI.html