Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hard to Find Groups for Flashpoints/HEROIC

Moorqueen
12.29.2011 , 02:27 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Erazimus View Post
I've done this, 30 minutes later, doesn't work, let me describe how much it doesn't work.

I've *NEVER* done a *SINGLE* heroic *EVER*, that's right, I'm level 24 and I've never done a single heroic in my life, period, and I'm on a FULL server.
I assume you've done the +2 Heroics since those can be soloed with your companion. I don't see how you could not get a group. On Couruscant all I see in General is LFG for Trouble in Deed or LFG for Enemies of the Republic.

shoryushoryu
12.29.2011 , 02:27 PM | #12
Yeah I can't find groups for heroics or FPs either, and I've been asking in general chat and using the LFG icon (I don't think anyone looks at it tbh). I hope Bioware implements something eventually because I'm skipping all the group content for now.

Vren
12.29.2011 , 02:28 PM | #13
When I say 'hard' I mean impossible, I don't have 1 hour to spend begging for a group. I have maybe 15 minutes tops, after 15 minutes I am forced to play Hutball for the zillionth time or go and do the easier quests, and guess what? I am now too high for all of the quests I go back to, +5 XP, gee thanks a lot, that +5 really encourages me to want to go back and help lower players, that +5 XP really encourages me to want to go back to the planets I didn't finish every quest on, because that level 16 armor piece is really needed for me at level 24, of course I only did the quest to do the quest, and for a 16 armor piece not for XP.

Solution?:

FLOATING TEXT OVER YOUR HEAD... trust me tons of players ignore, or have the world chat box minimized, even PM'ing them is overkill, I don't have time to PM every single individual, if I hat text over my head they'd see my request if they were right there, and for social purposes in general this would be an amazing leap in the right direction.

EASIER WAY TO FIND GROUPS, I'm tired of ranting, I just want an easier way to do this, you come up with the solutions.

OH YEAH, AND GET RID OF +5 XP RIPOFF, Give us 1K XP at least sheesh. Even 1k is nothing compared to Huttball so give us something, a box to roll for armor of our level. Trust me, it's worthless compared to modded oranges anyway, it would at least encourage higher players to go back and help lower players, but this doesn't exist, try checking out the game and let me know if you see this ever happening.
OP I feel for you but you wont get anywhere on these forums with the astounding brown nosery that goes on

Glowrod
12.29.2011 , 02:33 PM | #14
OK, here's what you do. Skip them. If BW wanted you to do them, they'd make it easy to form a group.

If enough people are skipping them, BW will be forced to go back and fix the system.

I think I did one Heroic during Beta, and none since for this very reason. Spend 20-30 minutes trying to form a group, just to do a 5 minute flashpoint?

VIP Lounge Member

syxxx
12.29.2011 , 02:34 PM | #15
i have had problems as well. in the beginning i had no problems finding members for the black talon and the first few on Dromund Kaas but since leaving that planet it is almost impossible to find members for any heroics whatsoever. i have been nothing but helpful to my fellow players; healing them as much as possible and being polite during quests in high traffic areas but i haven't been able to do a single heroic/flashpoint since coming to Korriban. sorry to invoke the devil, but i think having some kind of group maker and/or reward system for joining up with other players wouldn't be a horrible idea
!!!!!!!pew pew

GraunKrynn
12.29.2011 , 02:37 PM | #16
I've done this, 30 minutes later, doesn't work, let me describe how much it doesn't work.

I've *NEVER* done a *SINGLE* heroic *EVER*, that's right, I'm level 24 and I've never done a single heroic in my life, period, and I'm on a FULL server.
I've done EVERY heroic and EVERY flashpoint with people OUTSIDE of my GUILD by USING /who. System works. And I HAVE found a GROUP in FIFTEEN minutes OR LESS.

Erazimus
12.29.2011 , 02:37 PM | #17
If I'm doing it wrong, take a look at the groups in your area right now, you will see, 90% of groups are 2 players, if not 95+%, that alone is proof that the system isn't set up right, I would like to see more groups 3+,4+, I've stood at heroics for long enough to know that I was wasting my time with them...

My only rush is for 1 thing and 1 thing alone, to pick a decent legacy name, which seems nearing impossibility with every day, after that I will take my time and I guess watch tv as my char hangs at a heroic spot for 2 hours, because that is the type of wait time I'm anticipating despite the players claiming the exact opposite
═════════════════════════════════════☼

Zeppelin
12.29.2011 , 02:39 PM | #18
The game's only been out for 2 weeks.
Size matters not!

The first rule about Jar Jar is we don't talk about Jar Jar.

VaJJ
12.29.2011 , 02:44 PM | #19
I have 2 30s and a 40 and I have never done a single heroic or flashpoint. I sit in the fleet with LFG up and spamming for invite for a good hour or two every night but have never got one going. Also on every new planet while doing the bonus lines I will spam every 5-10 mins LFG for a heroic and still have not found one. This is a Single Player MMO with group PvP against other Empire players.

shoryushoryu
12.29.2011 , 02:47 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by syxxx View Post
sorry to invoke the devil, but i think having some kind of group maker and/or reward system for joining up with other players wouldn't be a horrible idea
I think it's pretty clear at this point that they will have to do this eventually. People aren't going to keep paying a subscription if they can't find groups, might as well be playing Mass Effect or Skyrim...