Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hard to Find Groups for Flashpoints/HEROIC

Erazimus
12.29.2011 , 02:17 PM | #1
When I say 'hard' I mean impossible, I don't have 1 hour to spend begging for a group. I have maybe 15 minutes tops, after 15 minutes I am forced to play Hutball for the zillionth time or go and do the easier quests, and guess what? I am now too high for all of the quests I go back to, +5 XP, gee thanks a lot, that +5 really encourages me to want to go back and help lower players, that +5 XP really encourages me to want to go back to the planets I didn't finish every quest on, because that level 16 armor piece is really needed for me at level 24, of course I only did the quest to do the quest, and for a 16 armor piece not for XP.

Solution?:

FLOATING TEXT OVER YOUR HEAD... trust me tons of players ignore, or have the world chat box minimized, even PM'ing them is overkill, I don't have time to PM every single individual, if I hat text over my head they'd see my request if they were right there, and for social purposes in general this would be an amazing leap in the right direction.

EASIER WAY TO FIND GROUPS, I'm tired of ranting, I just want an easier way to do this, you come up with the solutions.

OH YEAH, AND GET RID OF +5 XP RIPOFF, Give us 1K XP at least sheesh. Even 1k is nothing compared to Huttball so give us something, a box to roll for armor of our level. Trust me, it's worthless compared to modded oranges anyway, it would at least encourage higher players to go back and help lower players, but this doesn't exist, try checking out the game and let me know if you see this ever happening.
═════════════════════════════════════☼

Trucegore
12.29.2011 , 02:19 PM | #2
Go to where all the flash points are ( They are all in one location ). Flag yourself LFG, and set your comment to the one you want.

Profit.

Kaphik
12.29.2011 , 02:20 PM | #3
There's a purple icon that looks like three little figure, the same one you see in your quest log when grouped, that appears next to a players name when they are flagged as LFG. If one game of Huttball is giving you too much xp to do the quests before they turn grey, you are waiting too long.

If you really want to get the quests done, stop queuing for pvp. Also, try talking in PvP, and keep talking in General. Not as many people have it turned off as people think.

Erazimus
12.29.2011 , 02:21 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Trucegore View Post
Go to where all the flash points are ( They are all in one location ). Flag yourself LFG, and set your comment to the one you want.

Profit.
I've done this, 30 minutes later, doesn't work, let me describe how much it doesn't work.

I've *NEVER* done a *SINGLE* heroic *EVER*, that's right, I'm level 24 and I've never done a single heroic in my life, period, and I'm on a FULL server.
═════════════════════════════════════☼

Merex
12.29.2011 , 02:22 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Trucegore View Post

Profit.
Problem is no one is using that part of the social window. Bioware doesn't do a good job of telling people that it's there. I go to the LFG tab and see maybe one comment for LFG out of 100+ people on any given night. It's bad.

Trucegore
12.29.2011 , 02:22 PM | #6
Friends, group, guild.

Zazzaro
12.29.2011 , 02:23 PM | #7
Through Lvl 21 on Infinite Empire i have had 0 trouble finding groups for Heroics. Havent really seen people LFGing for the Flashpoint at that level though. Heroics though are easy to find a group. Every couple mins someone is putting a group together from my experience on my server.

Enginer
12.29.2011 , 02:24 PM | #8
Ask guild mates?
Why people are quitting TOR at endgame:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwHIWClqr_o

Starting to think EALouse was spot on

Kraylo_Draal
12.29.2011 , 02:26 PM | #9
Did you ever think you may have earned a bad reputation somehow? I'm DPS and I wait fifteen minutes tops for a group when I am looking. You could always try making friends with people around your level so you have a group of people to ask regularly for help. It really works wonders.

Esaru
12.29.2011 , 02:26 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Erazimus View Post
I've done this, 30 minutes later, doesn't work, let me describe how much it doesn't work.

I've *NEVER* done a *SINGLE* heroic *EVER*, that's right, I'm level 24 and I've never done a single heroic in my life, period, and I'm on a FULL server.
lol well you're doing it wrong...

I've never skipped a heroic in my life, usually find a group within 30 minutes or less

I had trouble with 1 or 2 of them (level 37 now), but I found a group eventually
|⋮⋮⋮⋮⋮⋮⋮⋮⋮⋮≬[.]███████████████████████████████████████)|