Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are you KIDDING me Bioware?

Aylisis
12.29.2011 , 02:50 PM | #11
If you wanna play the game so bad that you have to get on here and have a temper tantrum I suggest you do the following.

1. Either stop playing the game as you are way too serious about it.

2. Fix your computer issues.

Most Recommended

3. Get in the car, drive to the local game store, and buy a hard copy DVD version.

Problems solved.

Aylisis
12.29.2011 , 02:53 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Yaoguai View Post
Impossible, Fiber connections are not susceptible to attenuation.. At least not on my end, I can't speak for Bioware.
And your fiber connection turns into copper somewhere, so that cannot be boasted. Just because you have fiber run to your ISP means NOTHING. If you had fiber ran to the data center where they are hosting this game then there would be different factors, but you having fiber makes you no better than someone having old 256k DSL.

Xploits
12.29.2011 , 02:54 PM | #13
Impossible, Fiber connections are not susceptible to attenuation.. At least not on my end, I can't speak for Bioware.
Possible, but unlikely. I wasn't saying your fiber line was issue, I am just point out that other factors down the line can cause data corruption, not just a host and its client.

Yaoguai
12.29.2011 , 02:57 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Xploits View Post
Possible, but unlikely. I wasn't saying your fiber line was issue, I am just point out that other factors down the line can cause data corruption, not just a host and its client.
Yes, I believe I covered that in my statement when I said, "At least not on my end, I can't speak for Bioware.".

Finally, the game is ready. After nearly eleven hours I can play, but I am here to help those who are still having issues if this thread persists. Have a good day.

Yaoguai
12.29.2011 , 03:00 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Aylisis View Post
And your fiber connection turns into copper somewhere, so that cannot be boasted. Just because you have fiber run to your ISP means NOTHING. If you had fiber ran to the data center where they are hosting this game then there would be different factors, but you having fiber makes you no better than someone having old 256k DSL.
You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. But sure, copper, DSL, and the like.. Think what you will. I'm going to say this one last time, I stated in my post earlier that there was a possibility of a signal compromise, but not on my end.. My livelihood rests on businesses trusting our better judgement to not only protect the continuity of their corporation, but to make sure that it runs smoothly as well.. I simply refuse to believe that my connection was the cause here, especially when I have just successfully completed the download doing absolutely nothing different than what I did before.

MajGenThanatos
12.29.2011 , 03:03 PM | #16
You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. But sure, copper, DSL, and the like.. Think what you will.
Clearly he was explaining that your last mile connection has nothing to do with the connection from your ISP to the CDN/Bioware.

Yaoguai
12.29.2011 , 03:07 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by MajGenThanatos View Post
Clearly he was explaining that your last mile connection has nothing to do with the connection from your ISP to the CDN/Bioware.
*Palm all over face* Okay, let me pull out a dictionary so we can all learn some basic English assuming there isn't any trolling going on here.

I stated in my post earlier that there was a possibility of a signal compromise, but not on my end.. My livelihood rests on businesses trusting our better judgement to not only protect the continuity of their corporation, but to make sure that it runs smoothly as well.. I simply refuse to believe that my connection was the cause here, especially when I have just successfully completed the download doing absolutely nothing different than what I did before.

Precarious
12.29.2011 , 03:09 PM | #18
Looks like we got a BAMF over here

Yaoguai
12.29.2011 , 03:11 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Precarious View Post
Looks like we got a BAMF over here
This discussion is over, manner-up and drop the subject. The problem has been solved.

MajGenThanatos
12.29.2011 , 03:13 PM | #20
*Palm all over face* Okay, let me pull out a dictionary so we can all learn some basic English assuming there isn't any trolling going on here.

I stated in my post earlier that there was a possibility of a signal compromise, but not on my end.. My livelihood rests on businesses trusting our better judgement to not only protect the continuity of their corporation, but to make sure that it runs smoothly as well.. I simply refuse to believe that my connection was the cause here, especially when I have just successfully completed the download doing absolutely nothing different than what I did before.

And only one person in this thread ever claimed it to be, and he never rejoined the discussion. Everyone else provided the information about the bad CDN and why your last mile isn't the problem. There is no need for the self-righteous ITG act here.