Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are you KIDDING me Bioware?

Yaoguai
12.29.2011 , 02:10 PM | #1
After literally reaching 100% on one of the 5gb downloads I'm now being forced to re-download because the file became corrupt upon completion? Seriously? You should be EMBARRASSED for releasing such a poorly coded launcher, this is the most pathetic, sloppy attempt at a big budget MMO I've EVER seen. I haven't played the game in almost TEN hours and I'm using a 16 GIGABYTE FIBER OPTIC CHANNEL! You need to stop ignoring the community and fix your launcher and then immediately fire whoever designed it afterwards.

Edit: Problem fixed

Angilos
12.29.2011 , 02:12 PM | #2
Sounds to me like you are having issues on your end, not theirs. And if you are this up in arms about the wait, maybe you shouldn't be playing large games with a long install or download time. Xbox and Wii only have loading screens.

Yaoguai
12.29.2011 , 02:20 PM | #3
Buddy, I'm going to try to be as polite as I can be when I say that the network hardware infrastructure of or business probably costs more than your house, per month. With that said, here are my computers specs:

Alienware: Aurora

PROCESSOR Intel® Core™ i7-3960X (Six Core Extreme, 15MB Cache) Overclocked @ 5.8ghz (Liquid Cooled)
RAM: 32Gb DDR3 @ 1800mhz
OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows® 7 Ultimate, 64Bit
VIDEO CARD Quad 2GB GDDR5 AMD Radeon™ HD 6950 - AMD CrossFireX™ Enabled
HARD DRIVE 1TB RAID 0+1 (2x 500GB SATA 6Gb/s) Solid State Hybrid Running Raid 0+1
SECONDARY DRIVE 1 TB RAID 0 (2x 500gb SATA 6Gb/s) Solid State Hybrid Running iRaid 0

Maeleena
12.29.2011 , 02:22 PM | #4
OP, the file is corrupted because you either have memory or hard drive issues or both, because everything you download goes into memory first and then is written to your Hard drive. It isn't BW.

renegadeimp
12.29.2011 , 02:24 PM | #5
Read the dev tracker. Its not the launcher. It's one of the CDN hosts that is having issues. Read the post and provide the details they ask for.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

Xploits
12.29.2011 , 02:27 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Maeleena View Post
OP, the file is corrupted because you either have memory or hard drive issues or both, because everything you download goes into memory first and then is written to your Hard drive. It isn't BW.

To be fair, Data corruption is can be from network connection, the application sending it, or other issues such that you listed. I think the more prudent point is does the OP know its the application a not another factor?

Yaoguai
12.29.2011 , 02:32 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Xploits View Post
To be fair, Data corruption is can be from network connection, the application sending it, or other issues such that you listed. I think the more prudent point is does the OP know its the application a not another factor?

Impossible, Fiber connections are not susceptible to attenuation.. At least not on my end, I can't speak for Bioware.

Keta
12.29.2011 , 02:39 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Yaoguai View Post
Impossible, Fiber connections are not susceptible to attenuation.. At least not on my end, I can't speak for Bioware.

As was pointed out above, go check the dev tracker for a very similar thread that's well over 100 pages long. Get the information they requested and post it there. Anyone else that's posting that it's exclusively your problem is just making noise.

BrightCandle
12.29.2011 , 02:44 PM | #9
Definitely BW hosting corrupt files, we have plenty of proof. There is a workaround but everyone in the community is censored, we can't tell you how to fix it. Since CS currently consider this issue resolved I have no idea when they'll fix it but be aware its been a problem since early Beta (3 months) so I doubt its soon what with them thinking its fixed.
There used to be a repair for launcher problems here, but BioWare Customer Support has banned me from posting the link. My advice is if the launcher does not work is get a refund while you still can.

Yaoguai
12.29.2011 , 02:45 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Keta View Post
As was pointed out above, go check the dev tracker for a very similar thread that's well over 100 pages long. Get the information they requested and post it there. Anyone else that's posting that it's exclusively your problem is just making noise.
I've isolated the process and it's nearly finished downloading, again.. Also, I'm a grown man, I read what was said above and I've also skimmed through the sticky about the launcher. The fact of the matter is the community isn't being paid to fix Bioware's problem, so I'm not going to skim through a hundred pages of incoherent whining to search for an answer to a problem that a billion dollar corporation can't remedy. Please, don't try to lecture me again like you're some all-knowing authority, it's annoying and insulting.