Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

crew skill crit/efficieny?!?!?! :D..

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
crew skill crit/efficieny?!?!?! :D..

Mikisoq
12.29.2011 , 01:52 PM | #1
i noticed that companions have bonuses to crew skills, what exactly does the bonuses do? i googled and looked at the forums but i might as well meditate and guess, since it's no help.

Hwasung
12.29.2011 , 01:56 PM | #2
Maximum affection on a character will lower mission/crafting times by ~15% according to my calculations. I'm still trying to amass a large enough sample size to determine critical success/failures rates to see if there is an influence.
화성 - '전쟁의 신'

Scarce
12.29.2011 , 02:03 PM | #3
I think that means that your crew level is that much higher.

So, with a crewmember that had +10 armorcraft and 50 points in armorcraft could you craft stuff for which you normally would need 60 armorcraft.

The crit chances either add to the crit range or make the crit better, no idea on either of the two.

Mind, these are just my assumptions.
Lt. Nathaliya - Trooper on Trask Ulgo

Natarii
12.29.2011 , 02:11 PM | #4
Having maxxed Artifice and it's appropriate gathering and missions skills I can tell you that which companion perfoming said task does indeed have an impact, and it's not only affection that's involved. As a sorcerer, I have Khem Val who carries a +15 to artifice efficiency. When an item takes X minutes to complete, he actually completes it faster - he is more efficient. I have another companion who carries +5 to Artifice Crit. I have seen a noticable increase the frequency in which he produces a 'crit' on a crafted item than my other companions - he creates even higher quality stuff because of his crit bonus. I also have a companion with +'s to synthweaving and diplomacy, which of course are completely useless to me, so I send her out mostly for things that I don't expect or necessarily need to be completed faster or with higher chance to crit.
Dark Lord of Altaholics Anonymous
Sword of Ajunta Pall - Sith Empire