Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I want a swappable purple crystal badly enough to quit if it's raid drop only

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
I want a swappable purple crystal badly enough to quit if it's raid drop only
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

VicSkimmr
12.29.2011 , 02:06 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Areka View Post
Considering that "Operations" are supposed to be optional content (despite some users) and that we are not talking of gear sets but of a crystal... Well, not sure if quitting but surely I can agree with "It's nuts!" to lock purple to Operations 8which I don't know if that is the case).

But hey, purple appears in movies. Where is my white crystal?
A white crystal is also in the game. Nobody has ever said that you would have access to all crystal colors without raiding.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

Zakumene
12.29.2011 , 02:08 PM | #22
When EVERYONE has a purple crystal you won't want it anymore.

It's GOOD for things to be unique, or at least hard to get.

grandsporta
12.29.2011 , 02:08 PM | #23
I am wanting purple very badly as well but I'm not going to QQ over it. I am happy with my red or orange crystal till I come across a purple. If it is a rare find then I look forward to obtaining a rare color. I for one am happy it is rare because I would hate for a color like purple to be exploited by every sith/jedi in game.

Katharis
12.29.2011 , 02:13 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by OmegaMayhem View Post
There are also orange crystals.
Yup, I used commendations to get a blaster (I think it was a blaster) that had an orange crystal, and put that crystal in my Sage's lightsaber. Got a yellow crystal the same way.
As of December, I feel more like I do now than I did before.

grandsporta
12.29.2011 , 02:15 PM | #25
I have read that you can get a purple saber from a tier 2 pvp gear vendor, isn't that correct? Why not just pvp and buy one from the vendor?

Finis
12.29.2011 , 02:24 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Felioats View Post
I don't care if it takes 1,000,000 commendations, as long as there is some path toward getting one that I can take.

A rare drop means there's a real chance I'll never get one, no matter how hard I try. And while I love single group content, under no circumstance will I raid.

If it's unattainable for me, I'll take it as an insult to my playstyle and, by extension, myself.

I guess people can say that's my own darn fault, but I want to make my feelings on the matter known, regardless of how they are judged.
I don't care if it's 1,000,000 Commendations.

If you earn 1 commendation every minute for the next 694 days, playing 24/7 non stop, you can earn your million commendations. Have fun! I'd rather raid.

Oh wait, then you'd complain it took more time than raiding wouldn't you?

Even if it was 100,000, and you earn 1 every 15 minutes (something more reasonable don't you think?) you'd still need about a year. Of playing non-stop. Doing nothing else. Not even sleeping.

Please no merit badge grinds.

Raiding is easier. Plus you get other stuff.

Why don't we put your statement in some context shall we?

"I want a rare raid drop even though I refuse to raid. If bioware refuses to alter their (and nearly every other MMO's) risk/reward loot strategy for me, I'll behave like a little child and go away"

Bye!
Smuggler: "Can't ask for better, kid. Complete strangers give you credits to have the time of your life."

Valanze
12.29.2011 , 02:27 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Zakumene View Post
When EVERYONE has a purple crystal you won't want it anymore.

It's GOOD for things to be unique, or at least hard to get.
In my case your wrong purple is my favorite color. The whole server could have purple sabers I honestly wouldnt care. That is just me however.

I have a rare mount on my server that I use from time to time but I wouldnt care if everyone on the server had it.
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun!

Nocorras
12.29.2011 , 02:30 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Enginer View Post
The PvP saber is purple, the drop from Soa is green. SI class.

The champion level sabers are purple, as are the tier 2 pve stuff. I'm pretty sure tier 3 of both is black-red.

titanmaster
12.29.2011 , 02:30 PM | #29
I would like a black crystal...

TItanten
12.29.2011 , 02:30 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Finis View Post
I don't care if it's 1,000,000 Commendations.

If you earn 1 commendation every minute for the next 694 days, playing 24/7 non stop, you can earn your million commendations. Have fun! I'd rather raid.

Oh wait, then you'd complain it took more time than raiding wouldn't you?

Even if it was 100,000, and you earn 1 every 15 minutes (something more reasonable don't you think?) you'd still need about a year. Of playing non-stop. Doing nothing else. Not even sleeping.

Please no merit badge grinds.

Raiding is easier. Plus you get other stuff.

Why don't we put your statement in some context shall we?

"I want a rare raid drop even though I refuse to raid. If bioware refuses to alter their (and nearly every other MMO's) risk/reward loot strategy for me, I'll behave like a little child and go away"

Bye!

I'd like raiding a lot more if I didn't have to put up with raiders...