Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How "Good" is a Light Side Sith Warrior?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
How "Good" is a Light Side Sith Warrior?

MariaJ
12.29.2011 , 12:50 PM | #11
As an Enlightened Sith, I always choose light sided options. However , I would choose dark side options if it revolved around keeping both sides of the Force in balance as my mentor taught me.

LordDeschain
12.29.2011 , 12:51 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Kioma View Post
I might be wrong but wasn't Mara Jade a Lightsider working for the Emperor? From what I've heard (I haven't read the books she's introduced in) she truly believed that working as she was, helping maintain balance and order in the Galaxy, she was doing good work.
Big EU fan here so maybe i can help a bit. Mara was kinda similar to this whole LS Sith thing, shes was Sidious' "Emperors Hand" and was a hybrid Imperial agent and Sith assasin. BUT she was not sith, however she did use the dark side while under Sidious control.

SPOILER ALERT Currently Im reading Allegiance and Mara is tearing **** up but she makes light side choices, like to save this pirate dude who helped her when she was infiltrating the pirates main base, not only did she help save him but when he did end up dying she honored his dying wishes for his body to be sent into space, while not taking too long because she revers the emperor as GOD himself and he takes no time to respect the dead and holds contempt for those who do.

She does however end up being turned into a very powerful Jedi Master by none other than Luke, proceeds to marry him and give birth to Luke's only son Ben skywalker who is awesome.

But she did use the dark side first, and then later was introduced to light. She becomes pretty kick ***, first trained in the dark side by Sidious (arguably the strongest sith lord ever) and then married and became a Jedi master under Luke (arguably the strongest Jedi ever).

grania
12.29.2011 , 12:51 PM | #13
I've got a light V sith warrior and I love her. She seems to have a different view of the way sith are supposed to behave.

She's very paladin-like - she adores the empire but thinks it has a better chance of winning the war against the republic by acting honorably. She never quite follows her orders to the letter but it usually works out in everyone's favor. She also thinks the jedi code is absurd and prefers the passionate ways of the dark side (even though she herself is light, and knows it.) *shrug* She's my favorite character in the game so far.

A light sith inquisitor, on the other hand - I never quite grasped it. I was joking around with my husband and I said something like "There are more paths to the dark side than hate! *wink wink* But that concept, doesn't really seem fleshed out in this game, as much as I would like it to be. In other words, I would love to play a very hedonistic, but not necessarily violent, sith sorceror but trying to play an inq in the game who acts in any way other than a murderous psychopath does not seem to be viable.
--,-'-{## ##}-'-,--
"Mama, I dies your character, sorree!"

RazerFox
12.29.2011 , 12:53 PM | #14
does your appearance change when you get more to the light side? I know it does when you fo dark side...

Loknido
12.29.2011 , 12:56 PM | #15
I have an Assassin who is Dark III at the moment and Light I. I just pick the choices that seem like something I would do without really looking at the points it will give you. If someone betrays me and I get the opportunity to pay them back I will, if someone helps me out I won't kill them just to get Dark side points. Play the story how you want, in the end i'm sure there is going to be a way to "make up" the points you've lost.

on a side note I also try to hook up with as many chicks as I can
Imdabes

grania
12.29.2011 , 01:14 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by RazerFox View Post
does your appearance change when you get more to the light side? I know it does when you fo dark side...
Nothing about your appearance changes when you are light, which is okay, because I get tired of turning off corruption on my dark characters. x)
--,-'-{## ##}-'-,--
"Mama, I dies your character, sorree!"

Darthmoriquendi
12.30.2011 , 05:42 AM | #17
Definitely like the light side of sith. nothing wrong with having honor ansd some morals but yet be ready to deal out punishment and vengeance if need be......a well balanced personality so to speak. My companion loves it too

Voblat
12.30.2011 , 07:21 AM | #18
Well, I'm up to level 42 as a lightside sith warrior , light IV currently, and I think its great.

It adds a real twist to the story (and makes the Jaesa story much more interesting in my view) , not to mention all the incredulous 'you spared the jedi!' type things from the likes of Baras and local empire officers, which you always get to explain away as being good for the empire overall.

Plus, by the time you get to belsavis , the idea that empire = evil and republic = good is very much long gone , theres just shades of grey, lightside sith do the best for their shade but use compassion where they can.

AgentAurelius
12.30.2011 , 05:32 PM | #19
When I am able to play this game again, I might make Shaolin/Warrior monk idealist character with either the jedi knight or sith warrior

Deshiel
12.30.2011 , 06:03 PM | #20
from the dialogues it seems that the light sith is heavily honor bound. More than a sadistic dark side variation.

he finds no honor in torturing or bullying innocent and weaker.

He's actualy what a jedi could be without the codex.