Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How "Good" is a Light Side Sith Warrior?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
How "Good" is a Light Side Sith Warrior?

RazerFox
12.29.2011 , 12:17 PM | #1
Hi Everyone,

So I just made a Sith Warrior (lvl 12 now) and atm I'm still completely neutral, and I don't want to stay that way... And because I don't like being a total a-hole that enjoys ruinining everyone's day for no reason, I tought of going Light Side.

Now my question is: How "good" Is a Light side Sith?

Is he like a Jedi that wants to save everything in the galaxy with the only difference being that he's on the Imperial side?

Or is he more like an evil character that only does what has to be done to accomplish his goal, and if that means killing people, so be it.

thanks in Advance,
Axxis

Kioma
12.29.2011 , 12:18 PM | #2
it depends on how you want to play it, I guess. If someone's a reasonable and nice person most of the time but channels dark energy by focussing on the rage and anger s/he feels at seeing how unfair and vicious the world around is, would that person be a Light Sith or a Dark Jedi?
::Please Stand By, Signature Assessment Probe Commencing Analysis::

Sorronn
12.29.2011 , 12:22 PM | #3
In other Star Wars games (single player) and in the lore of the books, going dark side meant you were evil and going light side meant good. How a light side character manages to exist inside the empire would be an interesting story to create and play out. What choices would you make? Would you always choose light side choices or just most of the time? Why?

You could have a lot of fun with that as you create a character to fit your vision of how that person fits within the Empire yet still pursues mostly or even all light side choices.

RazerFox
12.29.2011 , 12:24 PM | #4
Hmmm... good point.

I think I'm just going to play it out and see what happens, and try not to kill innocent people that should make me a fairly "good" Sith i guess, while still being a Sith.

anyways, thx for the Help

Kioma
12.29.2011 , 12:25 PM | #5
I might be wrong but wasn't Mara Jade a Lightsider working for the Emperor? From what I've heard (I haven't read the books she's introduced in) she truly believed that working as she was, helping maintain balance and order in the Galaxy, she was doing good work.

rotfish
12.29.2011 , 12:27 PM | #6
Ok im having a real hard time with this as well. Im in a hardcore RP guild on kath hound server, and i play a light side sith sorcerer. Im having a hard time roleplaying a light side sith when my guildees want to be complete arogant a-holes playing darkside (but thats part of thier role), and chastising me for being lightside. Outside of role they seem cool though.

I would love some tips for playing a lightside sith.
SWG-Sunrunner-Elder Jedi-1,000,000,000+ Quenkers dead...Long Live The Grind!

Roda
12.29.2011 , 12:31 PM | #7
My goal was to play a LS Sith Warrior. The concept was some kind of bushido samurai character. I would spare those who I could in debt to my service. In the end, the character concept has evolved into a samurai / knight theme. She is an avenging guardian of the Empire and will do whatever is neccessary for the greater good (from her point of view). Honoring worthy opponents and honoring the fallen are defining traits of my character. However this show of respect doesn't prevent me from cutting down anyone who stands in my way (in true samurai fashion).

All things considered, it's been working out really well. I've run up through most of Dromond Kaas with her. My running force alignment ratio has ended up at around 80% Light Side pt choices and 20% Dark Side pt choices. The character concept has been very interesting to play and my LS alignment has great synergy for gaining +Affection faction with Vette.

Kioma
12.29.2011 , 12:35 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by rotfish View Post
Ok im having a real hard time with this as well. Im in a hardcore RP guild on kath hound server, and i play a light side sith sorcerer. Im having a hard time roleplaying a light side sith when my guildees want to be complete arogant a-holes playing darkside (but thats part of thier role), and chastising me for being lightside. Outside of role they seem cool though.

I would love some tips for playing a lightside sith.
I suggest you determine WHY your Sith is Light. What is it about his/her personal philosophy that aligns to Light? A surprisingly soft heart? Take the moral high ground and claim that your fellows might want to give both the Jedi and the Imperial people more reason to hate the Sith and eventually overthrow them, but s/he'd rather not, thanks.

Does s/he not really care about people's lives, but simply believes it's not necessary? Just shake your head when others do Dark Side things and claim (if you speak up at all) that they're wasting perfectly good energy that they could be spending on more constructive matters.

The more arrogant they get, counter it with your own self-assuredness. If they truly cared about obtaining power they wouldn't be wasting it on killing people with little to no chance of putting up a fight, would they?

Sith can have honour. There's no honour in killing plebs who don't have a chance of standing up to you. Subtly imply that your fellows reveal their weaknesses when they prey upon the weak instead of saving their energy for the powerful fights.

Malsvir
12.29.2011 , 12:41 PM | #9
A light side sith would just do what's best for the Sith Empire on the whole. He or she could still be bad, but they just wouldn't kill without a purpose.
Nice glowstick ya pansy!

rotfish
12.29.2011 , 12:43 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Kioma View Post
I suggest you determine WHY your Sith is Light. What is it about his/her personal philosophy that aligns to Light? A surprisingly soft heart? Take the moral high ground and claim that your fellows might want to give both the Jedi and the Imperial people more reason to hate the Sith and eventually overthrow them, but s/he'd rather not, thanks.

Does s/he not really care about people's lives, but simply believes it's not necessary? Just shake your head when others do Dark Side things and claim (if you speak up at all) that they're wasting perfectly good energy that they could be spending on more constructive matters.

The more arrogant they get, counter it with your own self-assuredness. If they truly cared about obtaining power they wouldn't be wasting it on killing people with little to no chance of putting up a fight, would they?

Sith can have honour. There's no honour in killing plebs who don't have a chance of standing up to you. Subtly imply that your fellows reveal their weaknesses when they prey upon the weak instead of saving their energy for the powerful fights.

Thanks. Totally gives me a direction for my sorcerer. My character believes in the sith code but he doesnt believe that innocents should die for stupid reasons that could be altered in a different path. He believes that the empire will bring peace to the galaxy, and the republic disturbs the balance and peace within the galaxy.

You gave me some great ideas for him.
SWG-Sunrunner-Elder Jedi-1,000,000,000+ Quenkers dead...Long Live The Grind!