Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

210k for 10% increase?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

weezdajuice
12.29.2011 , 12:38 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by pjskull View Post
So why cry over an option?

I am confused. If you don't want to spend the money, don't.

5 min ride at 90% = 4 1/2 minute ride at 110%.

Spend the money for 30 seconds or don't. Crying about pricing = pointless.
crying about pricing isn't pointless.

I bet you buy cars at sticker price.
Ooh a new private message! False alarm. Just another infraction. Clicking is bad and you should feel bad.

Astasia
12.29.2011 , 12:43 PM | #32
It's not even a 10% increase. You are going from 190% to 200%, which is a 5% increase. You are paying 210k to get from point A to point B 5% faster. You will not notice a 5% increase, lag and load stuttering will impact your travel times more than that. Honestly I would never, ever bother with that. I might however spend the money if there's an awesome looking speeder I really want that requires the training, the speed increase would be an irrelevant "bonus."

weezdajuice
12.29.2011 , 12:45 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Astasia View Post
It's not even a 10% increase. You are going from 190% to 200%, which is a 5% increase. You are paying 210k to get from point A to point B 5% faster. You will not notice a 5% increase, lag and load stuttering will impact your travel times more than that. Honestly I would never, ever bother with that. I might however spend the money if there's an awesome looking speeder I really want that requires the training, the speed increase would be an irrelevant "bonus."
I'd say that the main draw is because you're able to purchase REAL speeders after you train rank 2. Not these half bodied wave runner looking things. The way you "sit" on it doesn't even make sense and they all look terrible.
Ooh a new private message! False alarm. Just another infraction. Clicking is bad and you should feel bad.

Kiyoshie
12.29.2011 , 12:46 PM | #34
Anyone complaining about this does NOT have a character over level 40.

I'm 30 on my Shadow and have about 105k, most of which was made over one level.

Money flow really ramps up towards the higher level and affording the mount training is a non-issue. It might sound like a lot of cash but it's not.
Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

GeorgZoeller
12.29.2011 , 12:47 PM | #35 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Nicely View Post
I don't know if this counts for anything, but I've noticed that I can take more damage before I am knocked off with the higher level mounts.
That is correct.

Meldwyn
12.29.2011 , 12:47 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Rion View Post
Enjoying the jog across Tatooine and Hoth are we?
His character is an Ultra Marathoner!
My epiphany about End Game in SWTOR!

AxeX
12.29.2011 , 12:49 PM | #37
I doubt its their actual reason, but the way I see it is, with such a small difference between the 3 ranks, this allows people to a lot of times not have to use their best mount.

Example:

My Jedi Shadow is 47 and has her 100% speeder and liscence. She also has the special mount that drops from the last boss in Maelstrom Prison, but it is a 90% mount. With such a small increase in speed, I do not feel bad about using that mount every now and then, especially when I'm with lower levelled friends and guildmates.
Kemira - Level 50 Miraluka Jedi Shadow Tank Ashonde - Level 50 Chiss Powertech Tank
Kel'nera - Level 50 Twi'lek Sith Sorcerer DPS Epick - Level 50 Sith Pureblood Juggernaut DPS

pTheReaper
12.29.2011 , 12:53 PM | #38
The speed increase is negligible, the increased knockdown resistance is really nice to have though.
It becomes much easier to travel across zones instead of along the road.

Xothos
12.29.2011 , 12:57 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by SiskoEP View Post
Can you skip the 210k at 40 and just buy the 310k at 50? Or do you have to purchase the previous skill before the next one making is 520k in the end?
It ends up being 520k in the end. Also what most people don't seem to realize is just because you can get something as a certain level doesn't mean you should be able to buy it right away.

If you ever played Vanilla WoW for example, the epic mounts were something a lot of people had to work to get. But in SWTOR, 520k is honestly not that much money.

darkrom
12.29.2011 , 01:00 PM | #40
Its not about the cost. Its about the reasoning behind going from 90% to 100%

One would think the rank 2 speeders would be much faster. Its a disappointment because its a clear sign that you'll never travel at speeds that would actually be fun gameplay even at the final rank upgrade.

Such slow speeds are not what I would expect to see in a Star Wars environment.