Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Biochem Reverse Engineering question

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Biochem Reverse Engineering question

Trilella
12.29.2011 , 11:50 AM | #1
I am at 400 skill in Biochem and I am trying to reverse engineer from blue to purple.

I usually do stacks of 5 when reversing green to blue as it seems to give me a much better chance at success, does this work for blue to purple too?

Or how large a stack should I use when going from Blue to Purple?

Mokallaz
12.29.2011 , 11:53 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Trilella View Post
I am at 400 skill in Biochem and I am trying to reverse engineer from blue to purple.

I usually do stacks of 5 when reversing green to blue as it seems to give me a much better chance at success, does this work for blue to purple too?

Or how large a stack should I use when going from Blue to Purple?
I am pretty sure it rolls separately for each item, so it doesn't matter if you do one at a time or 10 at a time, the chance per RE is the same. At 50 it takes an average of about 20-30 REs to get an epic pattern (for the implants anyway), so be patient.
GM of
A casually-hardcore US-West Empire PvE raiding guild

DarthCnox
01.09.2012 , 01:57 PM | #3
You know what? I'm not so sure about this explanation.

If you RE a 100 stack, it's going to consume the entire stack and give you a result (most likely a success). If it did it one at a time, why wouldn't it consume say..12 of the items and leave you with 88? But it always consumes the entire stack.

So, is there a bonus to doing stacks? Does it really do it one at a time? We really need the devs to shed some light on this.