Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

electrostaff

MoMeter
04.14.2012 , 10:26 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Decembrist View Post
The only reason for the electro staves to be in game that I can see is so that BW could get two birds with one rock and and basically extend the combat animations of a saberstaff even to those NPCs that don't wield force (and thus can't have a double-bladed saber lore-wise), such as Torian Cadera. And only as a side, they gave the player an option to equip it, too, but it's totally pointless. It just for companion equipment.
If knights/warriors cold not effectively use vibroblades I would agree, but they can use vibroblades with no downsides sooo yeah either

1) You are correct (in which case Bioware phails for playing favorites)
2) It is a ridiculous mistake/oversight

Randomness
04.14.2012 , 12:40 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by MoMeter View Post
If knights/warriors cold not effectively use vibroblades I would agree, but they can use vibroblades with no downsides sooo yeah either

1) You are correct (in which case Bioware phails for playing favorites)
2) It is a ridiculous mistake/oversight
Yeah... I think Bioware put it under 2.

In any case, its annoying, I can have a warrior run around with giant swords, but I can't get anything of the sort for an assassin.

They could at least give us the vibrostaves from KotoR.

madbumper
04.14.2012 , 04:58 PM | #33
Come on Devs, where is the response to this. It's surely not a companion only weapon, or I wouldnt be able to weild it. I want an asnwer.
"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers."

"The box said 'Requires Windows XP or better'. So I installed LINUX..."

madbumper
04.18.2012 , 08:42 AM | #34
bumping this one again. I want my electrostaff!
"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers."

"The box said 'Requires Windows XP or better'. So I installed LINUX..."

Jirikisunta
04.19.2012 , 10:03 AM | #35
This is a major issue. Akaavi is currently borked. Her class/attributes are confusing. She's essentially a trooper who uses a double-bladed non-lightsaber, which you can't find any high-level replacements for. WHY is Aim a primary attribute? Her weapon is not ranged!

What is up with this?
JirAnarion | Ja'Anarria | Jirikisunta ::: :::
My Story ::: :::

Evgen
04.23.2012 , 12:39 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Jirikisunta View Post
This is a major issue. Akaavi is currently borked. Her class/attributes are confusing. She's essentially a trooper who uses a double-bladed non-lightsaber, which you can't find any high-level replacements for. WHY is Aim a primary attribute? Her weapon is not ranged!

What is up with this?
It's for the armour looks. For companions that they want to wear trooper, as opposed to force user armour, they use aim as their stat. I have Akavi, and the lizard dude XD as of 1.2 at least you can get modable weapons for them. I'm sure there are high level versions somewhere, if not swap mods for a blaster out tech staves even use the barrels

I was looking for information on a cool electrified/glowing electrostaff, sad to hear it's not feasible now

RowanThursday
04.23.2012 , 02:25 PM | #37
It would be very nice if Bioware *ditched* this juvenile "Only one weapon choice for each AC so people can instantly recognise them on the battlefield" idea...

*Let* us have variety. Let us have the ability to make our Inquisitor, or our Gunslinger, or our Jedi Knight... into an individual. Not everybody PvPs at all, and of those that do... anyone intelligent would easily be able to assess someone's class by means other than 'oh, they're holding that' or 'they're wearing that coat'.

Let's have Jedi or Sith Lords who can wear casual clothes with a long trenchcoat... and if some fool in a Warzone thinks "Oho, there's a gunslinger, so I'll do XYZ.." and then ends up dead because it's a sorceror... well, that fool deserved to die.
"... Pointless meatbag bickering."
-- HK-55

Evgen
04.23.2012 , 06:35 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by RowanThursday View Post
It would be very nice if Bioware *ditched* this juvenile "Only one weapon choice for each AC so people can instantly recognise them on the battlefield" idea...

*Let* us have variety. Let us have the ability to make our Inquisitor, or our Gunslinger, or our Jedi Knight... into an individual. Not everybody PvPs at all, and of those that do... anyone intelligent would easily be able to assess someone's class by means other than 'oh, they're holding that' or 'they're wearing that coat'.

Let's have Jedi or Sith Lords who can wear casual clothes with a long trenchcoat... and if some fool in a Warzone thinks "Oho, there's a gunslinger, so I'll do XYZ.." and then ends up dead because it's a sorceror... well, that fool deserved to die.
I disagree, I don't even think the weapons differences are for PVP recognition. I think it's the animations as a few have mentioned. And to make the classes different. It is a class based game, it tends to work that way.
And except for PVP gear, you can look like whatever you want now. And they are planning to make social gear match the armour type you use, so even more so.

Werdan
04.26.2012 , 09:08 AM | #39
I'm bummed we can't use staves as an alternative the way Mara/Sents can. Hopefully this gets rectified (keep bumping this thread). Most likely it is an animation issue as my companions that use these weapons still have wonky or missing animations while fighting.

In any case, for those using aim based companions, the Belsavis quest "Lights out" gives a pretty decent stave for your companion that uses it. It should hold you over until you can find an Armstech that can crit craft (if even possible) a purple version. I know my Torian has a very nice one (non crit crafted). I wish they would allow barrels in place of hilts for those wanting a moddable version for aim based companions (similar to the system they had in place at one point in beta).
TRACE
THUNDERHIPS
ISHKA
BRUTALIZE

Benagain
04.26.2012 , 09:23 AM | #40
I honestly don't see why so many people would want to use an electro staff? If it makes you happy then have at it, but my personal opinion is that an electroblade/staff is one of the lamest weapons I've ever seen. I never understood why they're requested so much