Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

electrostaff

Zsrai
01.01.2012 , 12:54 PM | #11
You can give them to companions, they aren't just for Assassins/Shadows. Same with Vibroswords being for Khem Val.

HeavyMetalShaman
01.03.2012 , 01:49 AM | #12
Which companions may use electrostaves? My Qyzen has only been able to use techblades as far as I know, and I am level 17 so far. I looked in his codex and it says his main weapon is vibrowords (which is false btw). The companion skills tab only shows proficiency with techblades so is that all he ever gets?

Stealthy_Monkey
01.03.2012 , 03:26 AM | #13
I have seen a companion running around with electrostaves, I believe it's one of the imperial agent companions.

CornBreadtm
01.03.2012 , 06:06 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by HeavyMetalShaman View Post
Which companions may use electrostaves? My Qyzen has only been able to use techblades as far as I know, and I am level 17 so far. I looked in his codex and it says his main weapon is vibrowords (which is false btw). The companion skills tab only shows proficiency with techblades so is that all he ever gets?
Last I checked the JC's first Companion uses electrostaves.

Akaari Spar the mandolrian Smuggler companion uses techstaves.

I personally think the non-lightsaber/blaster melee weapons are only in the game for companions and a future Mandalorian class.

JK/SW can use vibroblades and training sabers but there AC abilities require light sabers. I'd love to swing a vibroblade around and be effective.

stimike
01.03.2012 , 10:35 AM | #15
If you accidentally buy one, and it has mods, take them out and put them into your old lightsaber if you can

Nasagi
01.03.2012 , 08:22 PM | #16
SW and JK abilities have no.restrictions. my best friend has a juggernaught using a vibrosword no problem and my sentinel uses two

Slurmez
01.03.2012 , 11:01 PM | #17
It will be an oversight and an easy fix for their tick sheet, just need to get a dev to glance at the problem...

*edit* the charges work if you have them on before you swap to an electrostaff, dark charge still boosts armour and procs

xinloom
01.05.2012 , 11:44 AM | #18
I'm a IA and my companion Vector Hyllus uses them.
"We'll follow the rhythm of the Song of the Universe -- Until the Great Merging comes." - Vector Hyllus

drollzito
01.05.2012 , 12:26 PM | #19
I got an epic rating 128 electro staff from False Emp Hard mode...
It is useless to me...
The boss drops only 1 epic, and it is a companion wep ? Sorry that makes no sense...
I belive it was not supposed to be like this...

xCipher
01.06.2012 , 08:31 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Ellyll View Post
That's disappointing. It would be nice to have at least a tiny, if only aesthetic, choice in weapons.

It's not like it's adding to balance, it's just a random restriction.
Exactly.

It would be nice to be able to choose. I know Light Sabers are all the rage and your suppose to use one but for my class, a Sith Assassin (Inquisitor) it would look a lot cooler to use Electrostaves because all the electric abilities and charge abilities. Double Bladed Light Sabers are pretty cool looking but not as cool as a Electrostave with purple lightning.

Personally I would choose Electrostaves over DBLS because of looks alone. I don't care if the DBLS may have better stats. That being said even I can't justify using one when half the major abilities don't work with them. I agree with everyone who say's it was just an oversight and not suppose to be like this...
Quote: Originally Posted by drollzito View Post
I belive it was not supposed to be like this...
Quote: Originally Posted by Slurmez View Post
It will be an oversight and an easy fix for their tick sheet, just need to get a dev to glance at the problem...
One can only hope...
Please Bioware, Add in these Playable Races:
Chagrians, Nautolans, Mon Calamari , Weequay, Clawdites, Rodian,
Togruta, Devaronians, Besalisks, Kel Dor, and of course Wookiees !