Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Looking to build a machine?

Neuromann
02.08.2012 , 07:25 PM | #21
bump////

Shingara
02.08.2012 , 07:34 PM | #22
well im just waiting for my pci x16 hd's to come, got 2 of them coming and then giggidy giggidy giggidy.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

Bazouk
02.08.2012 , 07:36 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Shingara View Post
well im just waiting for my pci x16 hd's to come, got 2 of them coming and then giggidy giggidy giggidy.
enjoy the fleet on your new machine!

JerokTalram
02.08.2012 , 07:46 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Kwon View Post
I spent under $1500 for the PC I built for TOR and it runs circles around the game at max settings:

AMD T1100 Hexa Core CPU
16 Gigs Ram
RAID 0 SSD's (2 Crucial 64gigs each) game runs on this
RAID 0 WD250's - OS and storage
1 Radeon 6850 (crossfire coming!)
Windoes 7 64 bit
1000wat PSU

I run the game at max settings and get amazing frame rates while watching Netflix on another monitor. You do not need to spend allot of money to get great performance. The RAID 0 SSD's are such a boost I will always do that from here out. I can only imagine the performance when i add the second GPU and enable Crossfire.
I hope you back this system up regularly because if either of those SSDs or WDs go down, you've lost that portion of your system. You're basically running those 2 SSD and 2 250s as single drives in RAID 0. You are more likely to get a failure in two drives than one so you doubled your failure rate. It's a games system so maybe you don't care if you loose a system drive.

SSD also don't have a good rep for being reliable.

With that said should provide excellent performance though. But I would never recommend it to a client. Try RAID 10 instead.

Bazouk
02.08.2012 , 07:50 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by JerokTalram View Post
I hope you back this system up regularly because if either of those SSDs or WDs go down, you've lost that portion of your system. You're basically running those 2 SSD and 2 250s as single drives in RAID 0. You are more likely to get a failure in two drives than one so you doubled your failure rate. It's a games system so maybe you don't care if you loose a system drive.

SSD also don't have a good rep for being reliable.

With that said should provide excellent performance though. But I would never recommend it to a client. Try RAID 10 instead.

step 1 - go to store

step 2 - pay more than $500 for new computer

step 3 - enjoy

Hydromorphcontin
02.08.2012 , 07:57 PM | #26
i paid $3000 for my laptop so the i7 and 2gb gts 360 look after it it just gets scary playing for multiple hours. it gets so hot that my nvidia 3D sticker is sliding off :P. its not even close to being worth it buying a gaming computer. you can build one for half the price. you might not get a i7 processor or a blu ray drive but the money you save is worth it! just my 0.02

Shingara
02.08.2012 , 08:02 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Bazouk View Post
step 1 - go to store

step 3 - enjoy
Alternatively.

Step one Buy Nortons,

Step two, back everyting up in the cloud.

Step three, stop worrying and dont put a hover inside the machine to get the dust out and all should be fine.

also there is next to no reason to run ssd's as raid. they are fast enough.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

JerokTalram
02.08.2012 , 08:02 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by SirBlueUk View Post
i everyone, I am hoping to get some help.

So I am looking to upgrade my Graphics card as it is awful, It is a Hd 5450, So I am looking to upgrade it to either the Ati Radeon 6850 or 6870 are these good cards are they worth the price?

So My motherboard is a ASrock M3A UCC hope that helps.

I need to upgrade my psu as I need one that has 2 external power cables to plug into the graphics cards, so what is the most cost effective one?

also I have 4gb ram looking to upgrade it, is it worth it.

Any help would be great.

Thanks
I just upgraded my video from a Radeon 4670 to 8670 and it plays the game great so either of those cards should be good. The xx70's tend to have the faster clock speeds so they may be worth the extra money.

As for the power supply. You shouldn't need to replace it. My Saphire card came with an adaptor cable for the power.

If you are still interested in a Power Supply. Always buy more power supply than your system uses. Reason being power supplies run close to their rate power will wear out quicker. And don't skimp on a Power Supply, you should be buying a plus 80 rated power supply from Antec or another known manufacturer. Avoid the cheap power supplies usually sold in cases.

JerokTalram
02.08.2012 , 08:05 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Bazouk View Post
step 1 - go to store

step 3 - enjoy
Okay but what does that have to do with my post?

Shingara
02.08.2012 , 08:06 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by JerokTalram View Post
Okay but what does that have to do with my post?
I can only guess they mean goto a store and ask them to build it and get them to tell you what goes with what.