Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mobile crafting app

Aedralei
12.29.2011 , 11:03 AM | #1
I have a suggestion for the game that I would love to see added. A mobile app for crafting. Last night i'm sitting there knitting and sending out my companion to craft, since that game doesn't actually require any effort for crafting why not make it mobile?

AlkalineKitten
12.29.2011 , 11:03 AM | #2
It makes a certain sort of sense.
A lesson is learned, but the damage is irreversible.

mangarrage
12.29.2011 , 11:07 AM | #3
I cannot disagree more

The fact that you have to be on your computer playing to actually get anything to work in the game is the thing that actually makes sense

Whats next a levelling app?

Kenthen
12.29.2011 , 11:16 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by mangarrage View Post
I cannot disagree more

The fact that you have to be on your computer playing to actually get anything to work in the game is the thing that actually makes sense

How does that "actually make sense"? Because it's what we used to do? Since I don't actually have a percentage I'm not going to say "most players have an android/iOS phone or tablet" but it's certainly getting there if it isn't the case already.
If anything it makes quite a lot of sense to make an app.

I'd adress the last part of your post but even you must have known how ridiculous of an assumption that is. The two aren't even related aside from the word "app".

Ghaiana
12.29.2011 , 11:22 AM | #5
I think this is where we are heading anyway with MMO's.More and more people will have access to mobile devices, so why not make it possible to play on mobile devices. And I don't mean doing dungeons, but crafting or accessing the auctionhouse would be viable options for MMO's. It would also be nice to have access to social media in SWTOR (like twitter and facebook). I liked that in Rift for example.

Rilauven
12.29.2011 , 11:25 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by mangarrage View Post
I cannot disagree more

While I pretty much agree with this statement, higher end crew skills can take an hour or more to complete, and technically, you're not doing the work, your crew is!

I'd like to see a sort of auto-mission feature, where I can say, "okay, here's 50k credits that I've set aside for crew skills. run random missions for x skill until you run out of money or my inventory is full." or "Keep crafting x until it's grey or you run out of mats."

It would also be nice if we had the option to put have the crew drop their haul or finished product back in the cargo hold.

If that Girl isn't impressed by your Action Figure Collection then she's not the right one for you!

XortiN
12.29.2011 , 11:27 AM | #7
I like the idea of being able to check on things at least and see how sales are going. Chat to guild would also be nice. This can be taken fairly far or kept simple though I hope if they do come up with something it is not to game changing and more for information purpose.

That said I would not be against the ability to send your companions out to harvest or make stuff. You will run out of money eventually so you cannot go to crazy anyway

Tirshatha
12.29.2011 , 11:33 AM | #8
The problem I see with a mobile phone app is that at some point an app maker will figure out how to make the whole process automated. At that point we'll have gold farmers with 10 different characters running slicing missions 24hrs a day.

I'd love to have the app as well, but mostly for the reasons I just stated.

Dearl
12.29.2011 , 11:34 AM | #9
What are you knitting? I could use some mittens...

Valanze
12.29.2011 , 11:35 AM | #10
I very much like this idea.

Just please make it a universal app for us iOS users. That would be my only extra addition to this.
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun!