Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Nightmares Asylum - World First Nightmare Mode Bonethrasher

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Nightmares Asylum - World First Nightmare Mode Bonethrasher

darkonnis
01.02.2012 , 07:18 AM | #81
Meh, realistically speaking, most of my friends play a few hours a day and are not yet 50. I am, because I wanted to get 50 so when my time off finishes and i have to go back to work i cant just play casually with my friends, it owuld have taken me forever to get 50 had i not powered to it and i'd have missed most of the content by the time the next lot is release.
I agree, with what you are saying but it was always going to be the case.
You have dedicated players how dont care how long an encounter takes, they'll stay until its finished, i could give you the hardest possible fight going and you'd still have finished it by now. For most people, these encounters will be hard enough. The only fight that so far has felt truly epic was TFE when you fight Malgus, apart from that... very meh.
Darth Bain, Black Dawn Syndicate - 50 Assassin - Luka Sene
Valar Morghulis, Apotheosis - 50 Marauder - Luka Sene

Ashorian
01.02.2012 , 08:36 AM | #82
valhim has been posting all day. he should be working or living life.

also, my guild is working on hard modes and probably would have cleared EV on hard if not for the 3rd boss bugging out for 2.5 hours last night, we didn't rush to 50, saw all the quests, etc etc so what now? we start 16 mans this week, as well. i work 9-5 five days a week and have a social life on weekends. i just don't want to go out during the week, i eat, raid a little, watch a little tv and sleep and save my energy for the weekends. i'm not getting any younger!

hi

Osirisob
01.20.2012 , 11:12 AM | #83
Are you guys serious? The content in WoW was cake compared to EQ raid content ... a few months to clear half half a raid zone is laughable when compared to how long it took to do some of the end game content in EQ.

Also, I remember people playing the same sob story that WoW content was too easy compared to EQ content, and we all know that didn't matter.

What I do find funny, though, is that with the new generation of MMO players everyone looks back and goes "remember how hard WoW was?" These are the same people that used to tell the older generation of MMO players to shut up when they said "remember how hard EQ was?"

At any rate, it took longer than RIFT's endgame, so at least there is that ...

Karmastorm
01.20.2012 , 11:34 AM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
When one of the most prolific guilds in WoW history is getting this sort of response to major raiding issues, you need to step back and take stock of how your GM team is handling the game.

Don't worry though, I'm sure the fanboy collective will chase these high-profile raiding guilds right out of your game and back to WoW, while other raiding-centric players will take one look, say "why bother" and leave you with a player base that will quit the moment they hit 50 on one toon.
Almost choked on my lunch reading this.

I love these forums. They amuse me and are always good for a laugh.
The alliance... will die. As will your friends. Good, I can feel your anger. I am defenseless. Take your weapon. Strike me down with all of your hatred and your journey towards the dark side will be complete!

HarassMe
01.20.2012 , 12:17 PM | #85
sounds to me like they dont want to limit endgame content to the top 5%

makes sense to me, to tune it for the majority... as opposed to the minority...

pure_laced
01.20.2012 , 12:26 PM | #86
Isn't this the guild that had a member say they exploited it, and lied about other world firsts?

Kaedea
01.20.2012 , 12:31 PM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by pure_laced View Post
Isn't this the guild that had a member say they exploited it, and lied about other world firsts?
Yip thats the guild.
Kirnee Uthar Wynn, lv50 sin tank

StarDarien
01.20.2012 , 12:58 PM | #88
Yep they stood on the outer ring where bonethrasher couldn't hit them. He enraged at like 60% but still died since all he did was stand there.