Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Nightmares Asylum - World First Nightmare Mode Bonethrasher

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Nightmares Asylum - World First Nightmare Mode Bonethrasher

CHRISGG's Avatar


CHRISGG
12.29.2011 , 07:09 PM | #21
I'm really dissatisfied with the encounter design in this game too, literally every fight is almost entirely non-threatening aside from a timed enrage. Space that **** out don't make it every gosh darn fight.

It doesn't help that 2 encounters in EV are practically impossible to **** up and can't be classified as anything but minor inconviniences to get some easy loot/progress the instance.

It seems WoW and Rift will remain king for PvE encounter design unless Biowares encounter designers suddenly improve their skills ten fold.
AKA Faction
50 Sage, Wound in the Force
Check out my YouTube channel, tons of SW:TOR videos!

CHRISGG's Avatar


CHRISGG
12.29.2011 , 07:10 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Mrshush View Post
i remember the reason ppl couldnt down things in WoW in the first month was because the encounters where severly bugged and were not possible. SO GREAT COMPARISON.

seriously grats none the less.

also power gamers whose life choices allow them to get to 50 in 2weeks run hard instances to gear up in full purples, can complain all they want about not having enough content, also biowares mission statement for what sw:tor was going since it was announced, was a fully Voiced story driven casual mmorpg. should be happy there is endgame.

btw, even the new WoW content has been beating and that was in like 3weeks.

i do mean congrats on the kill(s) but just because you have enough free time to get this stuff done, is by no means a judgment on if this game is gonna sink or swim. because i know of no game that can give power gamers enough of a challenge. the old days of eq where you had to camp and grind and grind and grind and grind for 6months to get the last 5levels of the level cap are gone, and i dont think anyone truely misses it.
3 weeks when players are already max level and geared up, vs people basically going in and clearing nightmare on their first day at 50.
AKA Faction
50 Sage, Wound in the Force
Check out my YouTube channel, tons of SW:TOR videos!

Mrshush's Avatar


Mrshush
12.29.2011 , 07:53 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by CHRISGG View Post
3 weeks when players are already max level and geared up, vs people basically going in and clearing nightmare on their first day at 50.
1kill on nightmare is now basically clearing it, along with ppl now also farming hard modes and 2weeks of regular and hard mode kills now equal first day of fifty. fine manipulate what you want. i wont miss the power levelers after the 30day mark at all. forums will be cleaner.

Sythrasz's Avatar


Sythrasz
12.29.2011 , 08:35 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by torokokill View Post
Gruul was also virtually unkillable until Blizzard nerfed his shatter range. I believe the only guilds to kill Gruul pre-nerf were ones who managed to bug the encounter so he wouldn't shatter anymore.

I understand what you're trying to say, just don't use untrue examples .
And don't spread further misinformation if you want to not appear to be an idiot. Gruul was very killable before he was nerfed. The 'exploit' you refer to was invul potions allowing people to cheese the shatter.

Speaking as someone who killed Gruul before he was nerfed and after the invul pots were fixed, you are wrong and thus using untrue examples.

In regards to the general thread:

1. This discussion is relevant because Bioware has chosen to spend resources on raiding dungeons, and will continue to do so (see the teaser). Therefore it is relevant to discuss raiding design.
2. Bad raid design affects more than the top tier raiders. Therefore the discussion is relevant if BW wants the raiders to hang around, which they evidently do given their continuation of raid content creation.
3. A point somewhat overlooked by the trolls: hard enrages are generally inferior to soft enrages in terms of design elegance. If people other than the top tier raiders need to stack raids to win because of DPS checks at every corner, then they will just quit. If they don't need to stack the raid, then they overgear the encounter and will quit because theres nothing to do.

CHRISGG's Avatar


CHRISGG
12.29.2011 , 10:20 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Mrshush View Post
1kill on nightmare is now basically clearing it, along with ppl now also farming hard modes and 2weeks of regular and hard mode kills now equal first day of fifty. fine manipulate what you want. i wont miss the power levelers after the 30day mark at all. forums will be cleaner.
Irae AoD is 4/5 EV Nightmare. Since we're both talking about the absolute top guilds, yeah...

Even WOTLK Naxxramas had deeper encounter design than what we have here in SWTOR. Hard modes are 99% just extra hp, damage and a less forgiving enrage, and the base encounters are not interesting or paticulary challenging, OTHER THAN the Enrage timer.

Soa is an obvious exception, but 1 fun and well thought out encounter out of 6 is not good enough.
AKA Faction
50 Sage, Wound in the Force
Check out my YouTube channel, tons of SW:TOR videos!

warkat's Avatar


warkat
12.30.2011 , 12:19 AM | #26
Enrages being the mechanic instead of Raid awareness was telling in Beta that these raids weren't going to be hard. If you want challenging Raids in an MMO Age of Conan is the game lol..Thats the only game besides WoW where the Raids are actually insanlely hard.

EFalconer's Avatar


EFalconer
12.30.2011 , 12:54 AM | #27
Great job, guys! Congrats on the kill from all of us at <Condemned>.
-«« CONŠEMNEŠ »»-
A NA TEAM PVP & RAID FOCUSED GUILD
Θ SITE POLICIES YOUTUBE Θ

Ikaceir's Avatar


Ikaceir
12.30.2011 , 01:11 AM | #28
just in case you lot missed it. This is SW:Tor forum, not WoW forum.

Basicly I stopped paying attention to anything being said after the "We are awesome WoW guild so heed our word and bow to our powah!!"-comment



Other then that, nightmare should be nightmarish and virtually unbeatable.

Airial's Avatar


Airial
12.30.2011 , 03:08 AM | #29
Agree with all of this.

I've raided with several top wow guild (Macabre, Overrated, Vodka), and this content is ridiculous.

The guild I play with currently isn't a guild striving for bleeding edge content by any stretch, and we cleared normal, and are 4/5 hardmode with at least two of our players still wearing a few greens.

The content is not only extremely buggy, the encounters have trivially easy mechanics.

Soa is a great encounter, and highly enjoyable, I hope we see more of it, with a much higher learning curve.

Anomorn's Avatar


Anomorn
12.30.2011 , 05:17 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Ikaceir View Post
just in case you lot missed it. This is SW:Tor forum, not WoW forum.

Basicly I stopped paying attention to anything being said after the "We are awesome WoW guild so heed our word and bow to our powah!!"-comment.
We call you people "haters."
Glowsticks of Nerf Dialogue
* World 3rd Tier Ⅰ Nightmare 16m * World 1st Tier Ⅱ Hard 8m *