Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So, about "His" mask... (MASSIVE SPOILERS!!!)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
So, about "His" mask... (MASSIVE SPOILERS!!!)

Deviss
07.31.2012 , 05:49 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by SithVeritas View Post
All of you will soon be able to purchase Revan's unique and legendary mask for 300 bucks in the new cash shop.
Rofl... they would not dare. They went for it with Nihilus's and not Revan's mask for a reason. Nihilus is a character from the game that they did not create thus they do not really care about retconning it. Revan is of a different matter... I hope - he plays a very important role in SW:TOR's storyline.

I would be fine if they introduced some very hard/time consuming quest chain (similar to the HK-51 one) that rewards you with mask of Revan/Nihilus/other villain/hero. The said quest should make some sense when it comes to lore of course. But selling mask of such an importance in in-game item shop seems... greedy and not really fair towards loyal subscribers to say the least.
http://lorefreak.com
Only I have been both Fanboy and Hater and found clarity in the Force…
Interviews, debates, reviews, articles and more, all Star Wars related - embrace your inner nerd(i)ness!

Deviss
07.31.2012 , 05:57 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by bobmcbo View Post
also: if that's his mask, why is he wearing it when you fight him? I'm pretty sure it wasn't mailed back to him.
Just speculations, noone can be sure. Its either fake or Revanites somehow managed to give the mask to Revan. As for the second option - if it were true, it must have happened somewhere between the Maelstorm Nebula prison and the Foundry flashpoints but it's unlikely that Revan traveled to Dromund Kaas just to meet this cult and reclaim his mask. BUT he somehow knew about the Revanites when you talk to him in the Foundry... strange. After you tell him that there was a cult founded in his honor, he answers: "So I heard, not what I would have wanted, given the things I did". Still, revanites probably did not knew anything about Revan's true location, as far as they are concerned, he killed the Emperor and claimed his place. :P Nutjobs... or are they really?

Also, at the end of quest line (after completing it) you receive a mail from some Revanite who's name I can't recall now. It ends with the following words: "Mask of Revan shall serve a higher purpose now."... or something along that lines.

Make of it what you will, it is open for interpretation because of lack of official confirmation. The closest thing to such can be found in an interview (3rd question): http://lorefreak.blogspot.com/2012/0...karpyshyn.html.
http://lorefreak.com
Only I have been both Fanboy and Hater and found clarity in the Force…
Interviews, debates, reviews, articles and more, all Star Wars related - embrace your inner nerd(i)ness!

Anysao
07.31.2012 , 06:27 PM | #23
Spoiler
Ooh! In WildStar, I get double jumps, path choices, and massive PvP!That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?

I will never take someone who says "EAware" seriously.

Kaisernick
09.26.2012 , 09:42 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by bountywookies View Post
It really makes no since....

Spoiler
Spoiler

AshlaBoga
09.26.2012 , 11:36 PM | #25
I'm going to clear up some misconceptions that seem to be widespread (not limited to this thread):

1. ALL Imperial Classes give the mask to the Revanites.
2. His mask is NOT the same mask as Tulak Hord's.
3. Revan either received his mask from the Revanites or more likely used the Foundry to make a new one.

Now we know that Nihilius's mask will be for purchase in the CC Shop.

I would like them to add in Tulak Hord's mask in a questline.
Remember how fun it was figuring out how to get the Magenta crystals? And how the dev's actually got involved and gave us clues? Or how fun it was finding eggs and figuring out how to hatch them? Or catching the Tauntaun on Hoth?

I really like that sort of in-game mystery, it's much more entertaining that the GAR event was.

Heck the only part of the GAR event that stood out was A) that it scaled so you could do it on lowbies, and B) the quest which had a secret speeder pad (agh I'm falling aaah! )Whoa. I'm not falling).
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Bird_of_Thunder
10.01.2012 , 05:40 PM | #26
wasnt Revan's mask originally owned by Tulak Hord?
Lord Ravvok
Annihilation Marauder
<Ebon Hawk, U.S>

Ranadiel_Marius
10.02.2012 , 05:33 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Bird_of_Thunder View Post
wasnt Revan's mask originally owned by Tulak Hord?
No it is a Mandalorian helmet that he found at the site of a battle(little bit more to it than that, but that is a quick summation).
A Primer on the Emperor(yes this does have spoiler)

One Night Stands and Similar Encounter (spoilers again, and I am probably going to repost this sometime in the future)

MishraArtificer
10.04.2012 , 06:20 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
If we go by the Knights of the Old Republic comics by John Jackson Miller ( featuring the incomparable Zayne Carrick ), Revan got his mask off the dead body of a random Mandalorian, after coming too late to prevent the massacre of Cathar. That random Mandalorian apparently was someone who had been executed by the other Mandalorians because she refused to participate in the massacre and Revan took up the mask in her honor.
Behold, the story of Revan's mask.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
Twiki (with or without Dr. Theopolis), Muffet, and Wesley Crusher could form a boy band and do a Buck Rogers/BSG/Trek crossover tour, then crash on a remote asteroid, meet up with Doctoor Zee, and save themselves by making a spaceship out of random Cylon debris... and it would still be much less stupid than Jar Jar.
Behold...my referral link!

Zenphose
02.27.2013 , 10:14 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by bountywookies View Post
It really makes no since....

Spoiler
You never actually kill him.
"I am Revan reborn." And before me you are nothing ."
Revan

YoshiRaphElan
02.27.2013 , 10:21 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Zenphose View Post