Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Make Mirror classes actual mirrors

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Make Mirror classes actual mirrors

Kagoshima_Luke
12.29.2011 , 05:33 PM | #21
Yes, let's make all classes the same so everything just bleeds together and you end up getting sick of it. Oh wait, that's what Blizzard did over the years with WoW and they are starting to see the repercussions.

You made a list literally stating that IA has and advantage with one mirror move, while a Smuggler has an advantage in another. In the end it looked like each class had a different set of advantages... so how about you choose the friggin' faction class mirror that has the advantages that you prefer instead of pressuring the devs to make everything the same. What a concept.

Skovick
12.29.2011 , 05:36 PM | #22
Obviously this post is a troll, as I've had many IA stun lock kill me. Its probably a matter of picking a particular specialty tree, but IA can stun just fine.

Cameirus
12.29.2011 , 05:52 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Crowbarx View Post
Ummm I'm not sure you read the talents for each class but the differences you're talking about can be spec'd into for each side. They are true mirrors, check the talent tree's and you'll see you have pvp talents to do these things to your skills like stop forward movement or reduce cooldowns.
not quire true mirrors, but nearly.

The differences are in the animations. Compare a trooper mortar volley to a bounty hunters death from above sometime. The trooper one is usless as it takes a good 2 secs to even fire, the bounty hunter one goes off in less than a sec.

Same with full auto, same with project for consulars.

I'm sure it works both ways, but they need to make spell effects and animation times equal, there are some pretty huge differences.

DJPenguin
12.29.2011 , 06:16 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Cameirus View Post
I'm sure it works both ways, but they need to make spell effects and animation times equal, there are some pretty huge differences.
that's all we're really asking for here. it's game changing in warzones.
Philadelphia is a PvP server
Hoth Pocket - Tauntaun with Cheese
[SIZE="4"]

Kellindell
12.29.2011 , 06:51 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Ethurian View Post
No electrocute doesn't do anything when your resolve bar goes into effect. You don't know what you're talking about.

Just for sake of conversation, you have to fill your resolve bar to the max, for it to go into effect. The bar changes from purple to white and trickles down back to zero, during this stage you are immune to CC.
Yes I am well aware how resolve works.

And I was very aware of the fact my resolve bar was white, I trinketed out of one CC, blew my dodge to mitigate inc damage, and got hit with electrocute and got stunned for the full duration while the bar was still white.

Electrocute also apparently takes people out of cover, which force stun doesnt do, and isnt supposed to do. I dont know about all that because I havent experienced it, but its something gunslingers were talking about on the gunslinger forums.

Rylorn
12.29.2011 , 06:55 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhinoplat View Post
How about they just allow us to join a guild screw the faction perspective and allow guilds to PvP other guilds.

Actually I'm being serious, and then you don't have to worry about what Faction has what.
Huttball?
A long time ago in an MMO far,
far away. . .

Approxy Reftach [Illegal Test Kitchen] Shadowlands

Kellindell
12.29.2011 , 06:56 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Kagoshima_Luke View Post
Yes, let's make all classes the same so everything just bleeds together and you end up getting sick of it. Oh wait, that's what Blizzard did over the years with WoW and they are starting to see the repercussions.

You made a list literally stating that IA has and advantage with one mirror move, while a Smuggler has an advantage in another. In the end it looked like each class had a different set of advantages... so how about you choose the friggin' faction class mirror that has the advantages that you prefer instead of pressuring the devs to make everything the same. What a concept.
Where did anyone state that smugglers had an advantage? All the advantage goes to the IA.

IAs Stun is better because it doesnt stop the IA from moving, where as dirty kick does.

IA's Flash bomb has a lower CD then Smuggler.

IA's version of sab charge doesnt have as long of an animation, and activates instantly where as the smugglers Sab charge makes to stand up, throw the charge, and kneel back down, AND you have to wait for the charge to visibly travel to the target.

All that is advantage IA, and over all, its advantage empire.

Look at all the other things people have pointed out. BH version of mortal volley is better, BH version of full auto is better. Sith version of Project is better....

Its all better stuff for sith.

Also I dont think you understand what "mirror" means.

In wow, all the classes do everything.

In this game, their are 8 classes, not 16. They just each have a "Mirror" which has different names, animations, RP and story lines.

Each Mirror should be the same logistically so that their is balance between factions.

Troopers should be the same as BHs, and Smugglers should be the same as IA's. What you are talking about is IA's being the same as Troopers, which has no bearing on this topic at all.

Rylorn
12.29.2011 , 06:59 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Kellindell View Post

Also while you are at it, take a look at electrocute. From what I gather from reading and doing actual PvP, nothing stops this ability. It stuns people with full resolve bars, it pulls people out of cover, and when a scoundrel blows dodge (for you WoW players its cloak of shadows) it still lands. In fact, i was playing my scoundrel who had a full resolve bar and dodge up, and I got stunned by electrocute.
I know a resolve bar will activate on the last CC, and as a player is stunned from the previous effect, they see a full resolve bar. If this isn't what you were seeing, and electrocute actually is bugged, that needs to be fixed right away.
A long time ago in an MMO far,
far away. . .

Approxy Reftach [Illegal Test Kitchen] Shadowlands

bobmcbo
12.29.2011 , 06:59 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Kellindell View Post
IA Stun doesnt stop forward movement.

Smuggler stun stops forward movement.
I'm an operative, and debilitate (I'm assuming thats what you're talking about) DOES stop forward movement
.never forget

Kellindell
12.29.2011 , 07:08 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Shadowclaimer View Post
This isn't a guild wars thread, its a TOR thread, keep it on subject people.

And the OP is right, perfect mirrors. I do recall there being a moderator post awhile back about a slight difference (think it was a cooldown) on an IA/Smuggler ability that was different and they said they were supposed to be perfectly mirrored, so maybe it was just an oversight in this regard?

Regardless, it all needs to be perfectly mirrored for RvR to be competitive. Warhammer failed this miserably (Hello Bright Wizards), don't make the same mistake again.
Bright wizards? What about the KOTBS mirror that had spirit damage instead of fire damage. Noone could resist spirit damage and those guys were INSANE.

Or the difference between a DPS specced DoK vs A dps specced warpriest.

WAR is the perfect example of how ALMOST mirrors fails, and you need complete and exact mirrors or factional balance is horrible.

Remember when alliance had paladins and horde had shaman. Nothing said lovin like getting windfuried by hand of rag and that one trinket that made you proc a second attack.

And then when alliance got shaman they got nerfed into the ground for a long time...