Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Make Mirror classes actual mirrors

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Make Mirror classes actual mirrors

Shadowclaimer
12.29.2011 , 04:37 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Bahll View Post
So you have stated that they are not mirrors, and then you have pointed out that the smugs ability is on a longer cd......then you go on to say how the diff in CD makes up for the abilities. Are you just looking for stuff to cry about?

Most PvPers would take a shorter CD anyday for a move that does a similar effect.

True mirrors would homogenize the game. I like the diversity and I hope they keep it.
Homogenizing the game is a poor excuse, it does no such thing. A little "diversity" goes a long way to screwing with the balance of the game and in the end snowballs instead. It doesn't add the flavor you'd like to pretend it does, it just gives one side a clear cut edge in some regards.

The game needs to be mirrored if they want legitimate competitive PvP, period. Class differences are more than enough without having factional differences. If I remember correctly this is why Races weren't given racial stats and abilities as well, the wanted the game to be mirrored well.
Brigade Commander Bravak Stukov of the Republic Assault Corps
==============================
Join the RAC today and save the galaxy from Empire scum!

DJPenguin
12.29.2011 , 04:45 PM | #12
trooper's mortar volley takes longer to fire than BH's death from above. the first mortar shot doesn't even do damage until the cast bar has basically run out.
Philadelphia is a PvP server
Hoth Pocket - Tauntaun with Cheese

Occupy Philly

Shadowclaimer
12.29.2011 , 04:46 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by DJPenguin View Post
trooper's mortar volley takes longer to fire than BH's death from above. the first mortar shot doesn't even do damage until the cast bar has basically run out.
That is a bug actually, think the same happens with Full Auto as well.
Brigade Commander Bravak Stukov of the Republic Assault Corps
==============================
Join the RAC today and save the galaxy from Empire scum!

ViperI
12.29.2011 , 04:49 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Kellindell View Post
The IA version of dirty kick does not stop movement, but dirty kick does. This may seem like a little thing, but when you are trying to stop a huttball runner, or kick someone as you run through them to back blast someone... it makes a huge difference in a twitch based class.
The IA ability, Debilitate, does stop movement. The exception would be if the player is currently immune to CC effects (full resolve) but that is working as intended and functions the same for both classes.
Viper 1
Frozen In Carbonite

mrkab
12.29.2011 , 04:49 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Crowbarx View Post
Ummm I'm not sure you read the talents for each class but the differences you're talking about can be spec'd into for each side. They are true mirrors, check the talent tree's and you'll see you have pvp talents to do these things to your skills like stop forward movement or reduce cooldowns.
I'm not sure you read the post.

Animations cannot be spec'd into or out of. That's the major problem. When an animation causes an Imperial skill do to do damage immediately and the mirror skill to do damage after 1 second instead it's an advantage. There are numerous others that affect everything from channeled abilities to instant abilities.

Thelongroad
12.29.2011 , 04:53 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by DJPenguin View Post
Not to mention Full Auto, which is complete crap compared to the Bounty Hunter version. Its almost like Bioware-Mythic intended us to roll Empire.
Such pride in your failure as a man.

Finin
12.29.2011 , 05:06 PM | #17
This is pretty disgusting, I was not aware of any of this. No reason for the classes to not be an exact mirror of eachother. Sith's can keep their evil lightning particles but have the ability do the same thing as a Jedi throwing rocks.

mrkab
12.29.2011 , 05:15 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by ViperI View Post
The IA ability, Debilitate, does stop movement. The exception would be if the player is currently immune to CC effects (full resolve) but that is working as intended and functions the same for both classes.
I'm not sure that you actually understand what was said.

He's not talking about what it does to the target, he's talking about what the animation does to you. When a Smuggler uses it, the Smuggler is forced to stop moving by the animation. When an IA uses the same ability the IA is not. Hence the IA can follow and move without impediment while using it whereas the Smuggler cannot. Resolve never even enters into the equation.

In fact 99% of the current issues between mirrors are due to animations.

OSUNightfall
12.29.2011 , 05:18 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by mrkab View Post
I'm not sure you read the post.

Animations cannot be spec'd into or out of. That's the major problem. When an animation causes an Imperial skill do to do damage immediately and the mirror skill to do damage after 1 second instead it's an advantage. There are numerous others that affect everything from channeled abilities to instant abilities.
If I'm not mistaken, the classes are indeed intended to be true mirrors, and I like this. It takes any possible faction advantage out of the equation.

To the poster above, make sure that you're not just using the damage number appearing to judge when an ability does damage. Many (perhaps all) abilities actually do damage on activate, regardless of when the damage numbers appear. Look at your opponent's health bar to see.
"If command wanted your opinion on ethics they'd promote you to general." - Strenif

Ethurian
12.29.2011 , 05:21 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Kellindell View Post
Also while you are at it, take a look at electrocute. From what I gather from reading and doing actual PvP, nothing stops this ability. It stuns people with full resolve bars, it pulls people out of cover, and when a scoundrel blows dodge (for you WoW players its cloak of shadows) it still lands. In fact, i was playing my scoundrel who had a full resolve bar and dodge up, and I got stunned by electrocute.

No electrocute doesn't do anything when your resolve bar goes into effect. You don't know what you're talking about.

Just for sake of conversation, you have to fill your resolve bar to the max, for it to go into effect. The bar changes from purple to white and trickles down back to zero, during this stage you are immune to CC.
Ethurian Landa
Attendez de la crème.
I love rumors! Facts can be so misleading, where rumors, true or false, are often revealing.