Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why is the Esseles Model for Flashpoints unique to itself?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Why is the Esseles Model for Flashpoints unique to itself?

KerythFOS
12.29.2011 , 10:12 AM | #1
Between 3 beta weekends and my current batch of characters, I've run the Esseles a bunch of times. On my main, I've run every flashpoint up through Manalorian Raiders.

In the Esseles, there were plenty of conversations. It was great. Not just a string of corridors full of mobs leading to bosses.

What I want to know is why was this model dropped after the first flashpoint? Every flashpoint I've done since is run run, kill mobs, run, kill boss, rinse and repeat. The same old same old instance model.

psysention
12.29.2011 , 10:14 AM | #2
lol
we are lvl 50 and we are doing hard mode instances

they kill poeple if they don't press space

and you sit here and talk about more conversation

go and watch a movie if you like to listen conversations

Sambba
12.29.2011 , 10:14 AM | #3
I would also like to know this, it's the same with black talon. At some flashpoints like the false emperor and the battle of Ilum there are some convos, but all mid lvl flashpoints don't have at all.

Nightsorrow
12.29.2011 , 10:16 AM | #4
Indeed, the same thing holds true for the Imperial side. The Black Talon is great, lots of conversations, and a quick choice in the begining determines the next 10-15 minutes.

Basicly, BW open up strong with the flashpoints, and then its kinda "Meeh". I dont know, maybe it gets better, but so far I am up to Boarding party, which is a level 32 I belive, and not one flashpoint so far has come close to the awesomeness of Black Talon.

TheLightningLord
12.29.2011 , 10:16 AM | #5
Quote:
lol

I'm glad I'm not in your guild. You rushed to 50, rushed through normal mode content, and skip dialogue and cut scenes. Sounds like you're playing the wrong game.

Ravenger
12.29.2011 , 10:20 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by TheLightningLord View Post
I'm glad I'm not in your guild. You rushed to 50, rushed through normal mode content, and skip dialogue and cut scenes. Sounds like you're playing the wrong game.
this arguement has become somewhat invalid now.
I have a level 42 sith warrior, a level 10 bounty hunter, and a lvl 31 trooper. and i have yet to skip a single dialogue line. i am taking my time with all my characters and switch between them regularly. but i might have more time on my hands right now since here in europe its the christmas vacation.

so just because he's 50 right now doesnt mean he rushed...
I'm a student, if my posts seem to harsh or absolute feel free to coat them with "in my opinion" or "as I see it"
"Strategy guides are a sign of weakness"

KerythFOS
12.29.2011 , 10:33 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by psysention View Post
lol

Congrats on rushing through the game.
Good luck in the hard mode instances
I am glad I am not in your guild.
I was in on day 1 of EGA and have just hit lvl 28. I am glad to enjoy the story and put the rush mentality of 7+ years of WoW behind me

KerythFOS
12.29.2011 , 10:35 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Ravenger View Post
this arguement has become somewhat invalid now.
I have a level 42 sith warrior, a level 10 bounty hunter, and a lvl 31 trooper. and i have yet to skip a single dialogue line. i am taking my time with all my characters and switch between them regularly. but i might have more time on my hands right now since here in europe its the christmas vacation.

No, his level does not. His comments on spacebarring through conversations and his guild killing people who don't , does however

Either way, it irrelevant to my point.

I want to know whay the format from the first flashpoint for either side was dropped in favor of the less social and decision involved model we get in the later flashpoints.

krisslanza
12.29.2011 , 10:35 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Ravenger View Post
We can assume, judging by how he says to just skip the dialogue and if you want dialogue "go watch a movie".

krisslanza
12.29.2011 , 10:37 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by KerythFOS View Post
I want to know whay the format from the first flashpoint for either side was dropped in favor of the less social and decision involved model we get in the later flashpoints.
I think it might do with how the flashpoints are presented. On Esseles, you're onboard a passenger ship going to Courscant. I haven't done Athiss or Hammer, but I think they're more of places that have been attacked and you're pushing back the invaders. You don't get to them in a state that would seem to present much dialogue options.

I can be of course, entirely mistaken.