Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Official Turn Ashara Zavros Darkside Thread. (Spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Official Turn Ashara Zavros Darkside Thread. (Spoilers)

Lunafox's Avatar


Lunafox
10.01.2012 , 12:38 PM | #591
I agree, something needs to be done with Ashara. She needs to be corruptable. That or me and my sorcerors and 'sin will eviscerate her.

Chaloss's Avatar


Chaloss
10.02.2012 , 01:31 AM | #592
Well, I disagree with her being turn to DS. On other hand corruptable does not have to equal turning to DS and as story progress she does move away from Jedi ideals and embrace elements of Sith Code. What I do wish they did was to take advantage of her unique usefulness as is. That would alleviate this situation a lot.

kyrotep's Avatar


kyrotep
10.02.2012 , 07:40 AM | #593
+1 Signed. It makes no sense to not even allow Ashara to be turned to the dark side and into a Sith. I have her maxed out and now many times she approves of cruel acts my assassin commits, so why can't she just go the next step and become a Sith. I mean she kills Jedi and innocent people by your side, but won't get married because the Jedi Council will never approve it? Like they approve of all the murders she has committed with her Sith master?
Proud member of The Black Handhttp://www.black-hand.net/

Myeh-Myeh's Avatar


Myeh-Myeh
10.15.2012 , 08:03 PM | #594
Here's my thought: Even if she doesn't want to join the dark side, can't you convince her to be a light-side sith like Jaesa? For me it was quite rewarding to have a companion who understood that the Jedi and the Republic were corrupt and the wrong way to go yet could still follow the light path. Perhaps something similar could happen with Ashara in the future.... I sure hope so anyway.
What a crazy random happenstance!

DarthSylar's Avatar


DarthSylar
10.17.2012 , 10:28 PM | #595
Quote: Originally Posted by Myeh-Myeh View Post
Here's my thought: Even if she doesn't want to join the dark side, can't you convince her to be a light-side sith like Jaesa? For me it was quite rewarding to have a companion who understood that the Jedi and the Republic were corrupt and the wrong way to go yet could still follow the light path. Perhaps something similar could happen with Ashara in the future.... I sure hope so anyway.
Isn't that kinda where she is? For me she doesn't have to be psychotic like Jasea, but I'd settle for her wanting to over throw me, like a propper apprentice. Also wouldn't mind some kind of conflict between her and Xalek

Trinos's Avatar


Trinos
10.18.2012 , 08:58 AM | #596
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSylar View Post
Isn't that kinda where she is? For me she doesn't have to be psychotic like Jasea, but I'd settle for her wanting to over throw me, like a propper apprentice. Also wouldn't mind some kind of conflict between her and Xalek
Yup even zash outright tells you when you call ashara your apprentice that she is not a sith. She has no thirst for power or conquest or any desire to overthrow me. I am personally hoping that ashara personality becomes like darth vader when we get the chance to corrupt her.

Cause her reason for joining you is weak you put some work into manipulating her on taris and making her do a very dark action or you go darth malak torture on her like bastilia then later on she goes LAWL nope I am not dark side. Then she proceeds to join you when she can easily leave when she has been clearly manipulated its stupid imo.

I look at the sith warrior story and it seems that the SW does the SI job better when it comes to manipulation the SI dark sider options comes down to just throwing lightning at people. While the sith warrior has dark side actions were you manipulate people cause force users to fall to the dark side etc. Hell the sith warrior can leave korriban at dark side rank 1 while the SI leaves with only a MAX of 500 DS points.

DropbearSW's Avatar


DropbearSW
10.18.2012 , 04:27 PM | #597
Every time I summon her she prattles off "don't make me go against my teachings" and then we proceed to carve up 20-30 republic soldiers and a few Jedi Masters to boot.. err what now?

Her story and her character make no sense, but I love the Togruta women so much in this game I run with her anyway
Master Dar'Nala
Talon (50 Sorc), Psi-Ko (50 Mara), Mash (50 Op)
<BOSS>

Foambreaker's Avatar


Foambreaker
10.24.2012 , 10:35 AM | #598
+1 she is a ship decoration as it is.

ShupFace's Avatar


ShupFace
10.24.2012 , 10:16 PM | #599
I've just finished chapter 2 and so far I'm mostly enjoying Ashara's storyline.

I understand some people are disappointed Ashara doesn't go fully dark, but I've seen Jaesa's headlong plunge into the dark side. It was fun, but it wasn't subtle.

In contrast, manipulating Ashara makes me feel like Palpatine moulding Anakin. She's young and arrogant so she loves it when I tell her how great she is and that the jedi were holding her back. She's already talking about having the peace of the jedi and the freedom of the sith. My guess is her peace is not true Jedi serenity at all though. She's also been talking about being in touch with her emotions and even made a mix of the jedi and sith codes for herself.

She's not fully sith, it's true. But she's loyal and easily manipulated which is in some ways more useful (and less dangerous).

My only problem with her storyline is that she still isn't at the point of being ready to renounce the jedi completely, but she's happily tagging along killing jedi like it's going out of style.

Janith's Avatar


Janith
11.08.2012 , 08:11 AM | #600
Quote: Originally Posted by ShupFace View Post
I've just finished chapter 2 and so far I'm mostly enjoying Ashara's storyline.

I understand some people are disappointed Ashara doesn't go fully dark, but I've seen Jaesa's headlong plunge into the dark side. It was fun, but it wasn't subtle.

In contrast, manipulating Ashara makes me feel like Palpatine moulding Anakin. She's young and arrogant so she loves it when I tell her how great she is and that the jedi were holding her back. She's already talking about having the peace of the jedi and the freedom of the sith. My guess is her peace is not true Jedi serenity at all though. She's also been talking about being in touch with her emotions and even made a mix of the jedi and sith codes for herself.

She's not fully sith, it's true. But she's loyal and easily manipulated which is in some ways more useful (and less dangerous).

My only problem with her storyline is that she still isn't at the point of being ready to renounce the jedi completely, but she's happily tagging along killing jedi like it's going out of style.
Exactly, kind of reminds me of how Palpatine molded Anakin as well. With that said, so many people are complaining about how she isn't going dark - just stop and think a bit. I doubt the story for your characters are finished, I'm sure their are still going to be more stories to be told. Think of it like a movie, the first three acts that we have witnessed and played through were one movie. Imagine that the next movie has all this stuff you are talking about - that would be awesome, at least I think so. That is if they actually plan it like that (which I hope they do).