Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Heroic 4 quests should be redesigned

hushia
12.29.2011 , 11:52 AM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by swampthing View Post
Why? Grouping is such a freaking pain. I'm constantly at the mercy of their AFK's, and slowness or wanting to speed through or whatever. It's annoying to be frank.
I had the same problem on the first server I joined. Apparently pvp servers attract the 'wrong' crowd for me. After getting annoyed at non-english spam in General, rude ppl in chat and impatient brats in flashpoint groups, I rerolled on an RP server. Now I feel totally at home and have no trouble finding groups and doing all the content I desire.

I want to enjoy the game and I don't mind waiting 15 minutes for someone to arrive at the flashpoint. It only adds to the RP feeling

scfs
12.29.2011 , 11:52 AM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by GhoXen View Post
The reason you are having such a hard time finding group for heroic quests is simple - you were in Early Access and now you are too far ahead of the majority of the leveling crowd.

Do a /who on your level range, then a /who on Coruscant, Taris or Nar Shaddaa. The numbers themselves should tell a clear story.
I started on the 21st.
I can't find people for 30's flashpoints for the life of me -.-

I am a tank playing with a healer friend, even spamming alderaan and republic fleet for a dps for Caldemami(wtfeverits called.) we got no hits after half an hour.

Hell general chat was silent on both.

zzzzzzzzzzz

Pinely
12.29.2011 , 11:54 AM | #83
Its pretty bad right now and its only going to get worse later on. There's a reason most MMOs got rid of outdoor group areas in leveling content, it just doesn't work after launch. During launch, you have a huge number of players rolling through the zones, which makes it easy (relatively speaking) to find a group. When this initial surge dies down, these Heroic areas will go virtually unused (just like in every other MMO). At the end of the day, left unchanged, these areas are basically a big waste of resources.

I think many players have never experienced this because they only play MMOs during launch can't equate that experience with what the MMO is going to look like in the long term. Two months from now, the Heroic areas on these planets are going to be sitting unused unless Bioware alters them in some fashion.

In fact, I've got to wonder why the decision was made to put these outdoor areas into the game as they are. Most of them aren't instanced, so I don't think they'll be able to dynamically scale the difficulty depending on group numbers.

hushia
12.29.2011 , 11:57 AM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by Calimwulf View Post
LOL! OK, so then how would healers and tanks find groups then?
Not needing is something else than not wanting. If you look for 4 ppl for a group, why not take a tank and healer if they offer to join?

urborror
12.29.2011 , 11:58 AM | #85
Agree complaints from level 40s people are a little sad.

"I've been playing this game 14 hours a day for 2 weeks, and there's no one to do quests with..."

You're obviously obsessed with the game, so pick a new class and leave your level 43 character for a few weeks. Normal people do not have your free time.

I've done most of the heroic quests on every planet, basically just required some down time hanging out in the game chat room and standing around. When I realized nobody was on my level anyway because I was an early-access nerd playing the game nonstop throughout Friday and Saturday nights, I started a new character. Problem solved.

Cortechs
12.29.2011 , 12:02 PM | #86
I will just say, personally, I am avoiding most Heroics and Flashpoints on my first character because I want to experience the storylines for most of the normal and class quests while they are mostly level-appropriate.

My second character will be the opposite, where I concentrate on heroics and flashpoints, and just do the side-quests as filler. Maybe lots of others are doing the same thing? Enjoying the more single-player aspect of the game at first, which is why you are not seeing as much interest in grouping.

I'm sure, as others have said, that the level range of the critical mass of players is probably still pretty easy to get groups in.

TeejayMac
12.29.2011 , 12:04 PM | #87
I haven't had any problems, I usually group up with a guildy or two and a companion and do them all at once, or snag someone that's asking in general chat.

Best thing to do is wait til then end of the planet and do them all at once with a group.
"What was the best thing before sliced bread?" - George Carlin

Mugaaz
12.29.2011 , 12:11 PM | #88
I've duoed every Heroic 4 with my brother and we just finished up Hoth. None of these require 4 players. We even duoed the Hoth Bonus Series heroic 4's which were level 47 while we were 44/45.

All the bosses in these are extremely easy and deal very little damage. The dangerous stuff is groups of 4-6 containing 2-3 elites. You need to avoid those groups unless you have multiple CC effects. You also need to use RANGED DPS companions, NOT melee, the melee ones are just awful for heroic 4's because they consantly stand in fire, get cleaved, etc. Waste of healing.

Finally, so what if you cant finish some of these without a group? Youre not entitled to solo the entire game. These serve as entry points into group encounters, group tactics, crowd control, and higher difficulties. Removing them is vastly more detrimental than some people not doing them because they couldnt find a group. They serve as the training wheels for Flashpoints, which then serve as the training for Operations. This natural progression is by design. It's uncomfortable because these challenged need to be done differently than the solo game, but without these entry points instead of being uncomfortable doing heroic 4's, you become completely incapable of doing flashpoints.

Hezakia
12.29.2011 , 12:29 PM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by GhoXen View Post
The reason you are having such a hard time finding group for heroic quests is simple - you were in Early Access and now you are too far ahead of the majority of the leveling crowd.

Do a /who on your level range, then a /who on Coruscant, Taris or Nar Shaddaa. The numbers themselves should tell a clear story.
+1 this is exactly why, Have a 28 Sent and its a pain to find a group on Tat (32 people in zone at peak last night), just happened to hop on my 18 scoundral and what do ya know 100+ people in taris. Give the people who didnt sky rocket through content a day or two to catch up and youll get them done.
There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no death, there is the Force!!

Casil
12.29.2011 , 12:34 PM | #90
Like others have said, the problem isn't that some players are too far ahead of the levelling curve to effectively do heroic content. Rather, the problem is that in 6 months from now, almost all non-50 group content will be completely unused since there won't be a critical mass of players at those levels (starting planet heroics and the first FP likely being the notable exceptions).
Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.