Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Heroic 4 quests should be redesigned

Sith_Sev
12.29.2011 , 11:00 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by GumBoil View Post
I'm sorry I call Hyperbole at best and ....well maybe I just shouldn't go there, I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. If you have just run The Esseles or The Black Talon maybe you got straight in. I play on a pretty much permanently full server (queues even off peak) and have characters at a range of levels. It is clear from chat that every one does not find a grpup in "15 seconds". It seems clear at higher levels it is the exception some run at all. Even at low levels it can take a while.
I've seen people on my server (which is a full pvp server with qeues) that are still running around the planet "lfg" for the same quest an hour or two later.

A majority of the time it's "lf tank" or "lf heals". I guess to be viable I'll drop my sniper and play something else...

smothered hope fly from sorrow for a new divine tomorrow

krookie
12.29.2011 , 11:01 AM | #72
The heroic 4 quests need to be redesigned so that they do not require a healer and a tank. Since most people are DPS, it would make it a bit easier to find a group.

QDMcGraw
12.29.2011 , 11:01 AM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Sith_Sev View Post
I'm seriously considering whether to even continue playing. I've really wanted this game to be enjoyable, but so far for me it's been nothing but frustrating.
So, instead of adapting to the game, you are expecting the game to adapt to you? If it doesn't, you feel you're going to quit?

QDMcGraw
12.29.2011 , 11:03 AM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by krookie View Post
The heroic 4 quests need to be redesigned so that they do not require a healer and a tank. Since most people are DPS, it would make it a bit easier to find a group.
They don't need a healer. I did a 4+ with 2 sentinels and a Vanguard, I'm a guardian. None of us could heal, and though it took us 3 tries, we killed the end boss. How could we have done the impossible? Planning, strategy, communication and a lighthearted approach to the game.

Calimwulf
12.29.2011 , 11:04 AM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by krookie View Post
LOL! OK, so then how would healers and tanks find groups then?
"For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill."

Jederix
12.29.2011 , 11:11 AM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by brunen View Post
Skrim is thataway. This is an MMO. You might want to look up what that means.
I don't entirely agree with the person you quoted, but MMO did not mean "I have to talk to you in game" the last time I checked.

It merely means Massive Multi-players Online. That only means there are bunch of people online at a time. Interaction with those people is not required.

So your entire post was both pointless and idiotic. I did enjoy pointing that out though, so thanks for that.
Internet Forums. Where Grammar and Spelling go to die!

Valanze
12.29.2011 , 11:11 AM | #77
I realize I am coming in late to the game here as far as this conversation is concerned but I would like to echo the sentiments that many are experiancing here.

I play a trooper I was in Early Acces and am currently level 43 I play 100% healing spec'd. I have found even if I backtrack to plantes with Heroic 4 quest that I know significantly outlevel I cannot get a group. This is even with me saying I am 43 and a healer. I think the mentality is why do it? Its a daily.

Now my thinking is I am a completionist I will most likely have these quest until I can do them at least once. The rewards are good the XP is great I just really do not know why people do not want to do them.

Not sure how to fix them I really do enjoy them I wish grouping in generaly was easier. I do not beliebe LFG grouping is the answer. Possibly if it auto zoned you to the Heroic 4 seeing as how most are instances perhaps. I think the big real issue is that sometimes the quest are DEEP in the zone. So as an example Quest X is at the end of the zone player Y just arrived on the planet. There is no quick way for player Y to get to quest X. Not to mention very few groups who wait. So even if you do get a patient group they have to wait will player Y traverses the whole zone to try to get quest X done.

Rift which I will admit to loving would autozone you into instances when just one person went in. Which is brillant some will say its just lazy but no in a world as large and vast with Heroics sometimes very deep at the end of the zone this could solve the issue and make people more willing to take on these quest.

Also change some of them so that they are NOT dailies. Make them an integrible part of the planet story as well as adding the quick zone feature. What I THINK this will do is give more incetive to do them while also getting people into them rapidly. That is just my thoughts. I believe the reqrds are in line with a few exceptions. The time invested for some is not monumental mind you but being rewarded with 3x commendation sometimes but not always feels liek a let down. I think at best it should be a choice 3x commendation a blue and a blue random box. At most awesome difficult long end of zone Heroic 4 it should be 3x commendation stabndard blue box (max level for that zone) or a customer gear piece.

That is just my 2c.
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun!

DiabloMuerto
12.29.2011 , 11:16 AM | #78
It's mostly a problem in areas where you're above the leveling curve. My highest toon is 40 right now and while there are other people in that level range and beyond it, the number certainly is small. I just started Hoth yesterday and there were only 13 people there at the time. I've actually been starting a lot of alts to give the community a chance to catch up so I have more people to do the group quests with as I don't like to leave them behind. I never did find a group for the last one on Alderaan, went back and solo'd it at 40 though.

Alcarinn
12.29.2011 , 11:38 AM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by Swift View Post
Ironic considering this game is so friendly to the casual, solo players that I am sure they out number the 'core' MMO players by a huge margin.
So they need every quest for them they got 90% already....

CoruscantSunset
12.29.2011 , 11:49 AM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by Ravaran View Post
Yeah doing +4s with two people with a companion each works out just fine.

I am also another one who does these things with one other person and two companions and so far haven't had any real trouble. I guess it helps that my usual partner is a real life friend who I am talking to on the phone or is in the same room with me. I guess if you're with a group of strangers and you don't have vent it might be difficult and frustrating to get an efficient group together, but so far we've been handling +4s ok with just 2 and companions.

But I do usually do them when I'm a level or two over them. I don't know. I haven't tried using /1 to look for groups yet, but I have noticed that it seems pointless. I always see the same people asking over and over and over and never seeming to get anywhere.