Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Heroic 4 quests should be redesigned

MareLooke
12.29.2011 , 08:50 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by fluffydelusions View Post
I'm on Tattooine atm and still had no trouble grouping. I suspect it depends if maybe you're on a light server? I usually play on Anchorhead during the day time and yesterday there was around 80+ there. I grouped up with 2 others + my companion and we did 3 heroics in one go.
Heroics only get hard starting from Alderaan. The only hard-ish heroic on Tatooine is the Blood and Sand one. (which we still 2manned the first time around)

People running all 4man heroics with two after Alderaan are either healers, way overleveled or liars.
Alanya - Sorcerer [50]

Audix
12.29.2011 , 08:50 AM | #32
I stoped doing Heroic 4+ unless i can Solo it, yes its possible to Solo some Heroic's.

When i first started the game i chose to be a tank as i had hoped finding groups would be easier as a Tank then a DPS, and the fact i like to tank.

As im level 44 i hardly see anyone doing the same Heroic's as me so i no longer look for groups unless some one pm's me, Finding groups in SWTOR is hard and could use some work on getting a group system up, maybe a LFG channel thats linked to every planet, i dont realy want a LFG system that just puts you into a group like WoW does.

QDMcGraw
12.29.2011 , 08:52 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Audix View Post
I stoped doing Heroic 4+ unless i can Solo it, yes its possible to Solo some Heroic's.

When i first started the game i chose to be a tank as i had hoped finding groups would be easier as a Tank then a DPS, and the fact i like to tank.

As im level 44 i hardly see anyone doing the same Heroic's as me so i no longer look for groups unless some one pm's me, Finding groups in SWTOR is hard and could use some work on getting a group system up, maybe a LFG channel thats linked to every planet, i dont realy want a LFG system that just puts you into a group like WoW does.
OMG! Quit playing the game the way you want to!! You're supposed to group for 4+, not run them solo later! This right here is gonna kill this game.

Nemmar
12.29.2011 , 08:52 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by MareLooke View Post
Heroics only get hard starting from Alderaan. The only hard-ish heroic on Tatooine is the Blood and Sand one. (which we still 2manned the first time around)

People running all 4man heroics with two after Alderaan are either healers, way overleveled or liars.
there is such a thing as healer companions, shockingly enough.

Dymensia
12.29.2011 , 08:55 AM | #35
I agree that finding a team of 4 can be a bit of a pain, but when I do it's a blast.

The 2+ quests are amazing though, because I can usually find at least one other person and I still meet plenty of new people doing them. I'd be fine with them focusing more on 2+ quests in the future and think it would definitely help the community to encourage grouping on a more regular basis and in a way that doesn't require a lot of general spamming.

ramafied
12.29.2011 , 08:59 AM | #36
well i got in for the ega and did a lot of the heroics with pugs on the first few planets, but now it seems people are more into questing and would rather do that that spend time making a group, I imagine that as more people hit maxlevel, more groups will appear to do the max level dungeons

Astasia
12.29.2011 , 08:59 AM | #37
I've solo'd every heroic and flashpoint I've gotten, they are easy when they turn green and you can do them blindfolded when they turn gray. I don't really care about the exp, I want to see the story, so I do, and the cool looking moddable items you can get are a nice bonus. You aren't locked out of content just because you over-level it. Also some of them can be solo'd even when they are yellow or orange, sometimes you will find solo mobs nearby that count for the objective or drop the required items, or can interact with quest items from just outside of enemy range.

DarthMarisa
12.29.2011 , 09:00 AM | #38
My husband and I contribute a little to the "it being hard to find groups" thing. Sorry Folks!
We love grouping, we really do and even though we only play our mains when online together we like grouping and meeting new people. however, lately we've been on this kick about testing our skills etc and have been two manning most Heroic 4s and even the one Area 4 we saw on Balmorra. (Assembly Line I think it was? I forget). There are some Heroic 4s we haven't attempted yet but we've found that with Kali tanking, my husband dpsing and me healing (Mako backup dps and heals) we can handle the quests if we're careful. We do use a lot of CC as we both have stuns and maybe you can't two man things with any setup. With a Sniper and a Mercenary and taking it carefully, we find we don't *need* big groups.

I know that doesn't help the points that were made earlier in the thread but I think what I'm trying to get across is that while we've never had problems finding people to group with, I suspect a lot of people are either two/three manning it or only go with guildmates etc.

I personally don't want to see them lower the difficulty on the quests, unless it's a choosable option rather than a unviersal cutback because we LIKE challenging ourselves like that. I will say though since community is largely up to the players, we'll make more of an effort to bring more people into the groups.
Umbrella Corp (Director of Personnel) - "Obedience Breeds Discipline, Discipline Breeds Unity, Unity Breeds Power, Power is Life, Our Business is Life Itself."
Crafters, Market Traders, JOIN US: Umbrella Corp
Republic Side of the guild: The Dharma Initiative

lueckjathom
12.29.2011 , 09:04 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Maeleena View Post
Same. On Tatooine yesterday, there was two instances of the planet, with 150 people at least on each instance. Easy as hell to find someone to group with.

If you choose to play on a server with no queue (aka light/medium population) then you will have to put up with less people. That is your choice, not anyone elses. Re-roll on a higher pop server if it bothers you that much.
My server is full at most times. However I play on republic so it's still a ghost town at higher levels.

Anyway my comments were an explanation towards the OP's whining, not a complaint of my own. I think everything is fine and I like heroic's just the way they are.

Lamorick
12.29.2011 , 09:07 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Katahn View Post
He might not have been able to help him. What I see over and over again in general chats as regards to heroic-4s is "LF1M (heroic quest here) - Need healer!". Based on this I would infer a general lack of healers which is either due to an inability for tanks to sufficiently hold all of the aggro in a fight or because not enough people find levelling as a healer "doable".

I play a tank and my plan is to make use of my ship droid (its a healer - just needs to be equipped as it starts with nothing) and do those quests with a couple of DPS when I am a couple levels over them if I can't find a player-healer to do them before that.
And this is the problem. I did all the heroic 4's on Hoth last monday with 4 DPS. You dont need a tank or healer to do these quests. Just good players who can CC and kill the same target.