Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game feels dead

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Forsbacka
12.29.2011 , 03:33 PM | #81
Im waiting to see first player from opposite faction on full pvp server, so far havent been so lucky but man can hope.

Kyomih
12.29.2011 , 03:34 PM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by MagicalMax View Post
Trust me I'm not feeling attacked, I'm simply trying to spark a deeper discussion by playing devil's advocate. The only thing I've disliked more than the "I'm level 50, now what?" threads are the same empty responses people seem to blanket over them.
I enjoyed the debate

Quote:
You stated you take joy in people being unhappy.
WHAT?! whatever gave that idea? I am pretty sure I did never write something like that nor would I ever want to.

Wynternight
12.29.2011 , 03:42 PM | #83
I constantly see 150+ everywhere I go, chat is so fast it's hard to keep up with, and I get a group for heroics and FPs in five minutes or less. Your blanket statement is hardly representative of anything, certainly not my experience.
Mydnite - Sith Assassin Charnel- Sith Marauder Mourn - Sith Sorcerer
Arryanna - Imperial Sniper Malefica - Sith Juggernaut
Harbinger
server Gamer Girl Forever!

Wynternight
12.29.2011 , 03:44 PM | #84
Don't forget that most people today have a Twitter-like attention span, if it's not RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW, then it's not fast enough for them. Calling a game not even two weeks old "dead" is beyond ludicrous.
Mydnite - Sith Assassin Charnel- Sith Marauder Mourn - Sith Sorcerer
Arryanna - Imperial Sniper Malefica - Sith Juggernaut
Harbinger
server Gamer Girl Forever!

ThiborF
12.29.2011 , 03:47 PM | #85
If you focused on a single character and are currently 50 realize:
  • For some, this is their first MMO and they aren't going to level as fast as you
  • For some, they don't have the luxury of the free time you do and/or saw fit to spend all their available free time in-game
  • For some, the lure of different story/quest lines has them playing several characters instead of focusing on one
  • For some, the stigma of general chat channels from previous games has them turning it off as a default except for when they are in need of it
  • Some folks simply avoid PuGs like the plague
  • For some, they would rather play with guild mates and do group content with them OR help them level up to where they are than hang out in PuGs all game session long

That last one in particular I know is a solid reason for some folks. My highest character is only 22 (with six at 10 or higher) but there are several folks in the guild I'm in with a 50. They were commenting last night they'd already beaten the 4th boss of some high/end game instance. And I know it's mostly/all guild member group doing it. So folks are doing the content but, they're doing it with an existing group.

You may want to consider finding a guild of similar playstyle/play time folks which should drastically up your chances of taking on group content without the need to spam /general with "LFG ... "

Arodin
12.29.2011 , 03:52 PM | #86
I got into early access on the first day, I've been playing only one character, I'm playing way more than any human being should realistically sit and play a video game, and I'm just at level 38. I think it's hilarious that someone could play this game so vigorously to have reached 50 already, and then complain about being alone. Use a little common sense.

Sykologist
12.29.2011 , 04:03 PM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by MilesTheFox View Post
I love how all the powerlevellers are lonely at the top.

We TOLD you to take your time.

Did you listen? Nope.

Now you have to either reroll or wait.
This man speaks the truth

Aaluria
12.29.2011 , 04:10 PM | #88
sigh...I ate all my ice cream now I don't have any more! Please someone share, I feel so lifeless without out it and everyone else has a different flavor. My stomach hurts....oh brain freeze...did I eat it too fast.

AlkalineKitten
12.29.2011 , 04:15 PM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by Quijibotu View Post
Powerlevelers?

The leveling curve, in this game, isn't very steep... If I didn't work, for a living, I would've been 50 last Friday. And, that's just casually playing...
I did 11-18 on accident. PvPing for fun. Green/Greyed out Coruscant and Taris, oops.
A lesson is learned, but the damage is irreversible.

rastamanman
12.29.2011 , 04:18 PM | #90
I know what he means the game does feel dead nothing to do with being lvl 50 as all the other zones are dead even with 140 people u can go hours with out seeing any chat.Hard to find Heroic groups hard to find flashpoint groups.